House Price Crash Forum

Blairs Lose £700k On £3.6m Mansion

The Blairs were desperate to get back on the property ladder after selling their Islington house for £615,000 when they moved to No.10 in 1997...and seeing it rocket in value to £1.69million

I love that phrase "property ladder", its so dumb :D

Just shows what mr Blair knows about housing market "only goes up in value", blah-de-bliar-de-balh!

It's Fleecing time for the sheep! :lol:

BLAIRS LOSE £700K ON £3.6M MANSION

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/page.cf...l&siteid=106694

EXCLUSIVE: It falls in value by "100k" a month

Stories like this will do wonders for the HPC. If Blair is seen to be losing money each month perhaps the sheep will take note and start to realise all is not well.

Isn't it worrying that such a fool is running the country!

Mind you, he hasn't lost as much as some of his poor victims in Iraq.

While I think that celebrating others misfortune is generally to be regarded as dispicable, and whilst I dislike Tony B Liar (as the genius that is Victor Lewis-Smith calls him) much less than many of you, it is hard to escape from the inevitable conclusion that this is all rather funny!

The only downside is the more money he loses the more we'll see of him after he leaves office as he tries to make his money back from TV appearances etc. Consider that before you celebrate too much.

FF

The only downside is the more money he loses the more we'll see of him after he leaves office as he tries to make his money back from TV appearances etc.  Consider that before you celebrate too much.

FF

He seems to prefer the global stage, and shun his homeland - let's hope this continues after office. :)

Could it be the case that Tony is in a state of negative equity?

Edited by The Axiomatic

How to predict a house price crash?

NEWS STORIES

A big turning point will be the news stories. It will probably begin with the rich. Stories of rich people losing money always make "good" news. You'll see a story about someone selling a home for $2 million when they paid $2.5 million; or you'll see a story about an expensive home being passed in at auction for less than the owner paid for it a year earlier.

And then, you'll see the sad stories - and they will probably be on television - about families who lost their jobs and had to sell for less than they paid. The newspaper headlines will follow later. You'll see the poster first. It will say, HOME PRICES CRASH! That will increase circulation because we all want to know what's happening with our asset which is supposed to always go up.

More at http://www.jenman.com.au/CA_November_5_2001.php

Excellent stuff in 5 parts written in 2001.

If Blair bought a house in your road, what do you think would happen to property prices there?

His poor neighbours have probably lost £100,000s more than they would have done, even with a full-blown crash.

"Surprisingly spacious Regency 5-bed mansion blah blah conveniently situated close to major war criminal"

No wonder his Islington place went up so much after he left.

From the article.

"Frankly, the Blairs have shown themselves to be financially naive, and it's hard to avoid thinking they are also guilty of greed.

Oh yes, it make sense now. Cherie seems a bit keen on raking in a few grand here and there.

Millions will read this. How the tide has turned eh ! ;)

Nobody has mentioned this - but I think this article goes to show how the vested interest in rising property prices in this country goes right to the top.

Cherie's dodgy Bristol flats are also hopefully going to plunge in value.

Our leaders have lead by example, now watch them crash and burn by example. There's a strange poetic justice in it all.

Dare I say - 'Karma' even! :P

BLAIRS LOSE £700K ON £3.6M MANSION

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/page.cf...l&siteid=106694

EXCLUSIVE: It falls in value by "100k" a month

Stories like this will do wonders for the HPC. If Blair is seen to be losing money each month perhaps the sheep will take note and start to realise all is not well.

this is great stuff exactly the sort of headlines HPC needs. Your average mirror reader aint exactly the sharpest tool in the box and probably the sort of "mis informed" person that still thinks that buying houses is a good thing. Plenty more of these stories to follow if you please mr chav press, backed up with YOY figures going red..this is going to be a great show!!! coming to your town!!!

While I think that celebrating others misfortune is generally to be regarded as dispicable, and whilst I dislike Tony B Liar (as the genius that is Victor Lewis-Smith calls him) much less than many of you, it is hard to escape from the inevitable conclusion that this is all rather funny!

FF

I don't think that it was his misfortune. He made it on himself. For someone who is running a country, it shows how much he is aware of the current matters. Probably he is living in a dream world created by all the eulogizers and politicians surrounding him as well as the rich and famous who need favours from him. He is getting what he deserves, IMHO.

It's all very funny :)

However, unfortunately, Blair will not struggle for money in future. Although the PM job only pays £170k a year plus a fat sack of expenses, once he retires he will rake it in. For example, as an after dinner speaker/corporate speaker he would be looking at getting in excess of £50,000 an evening (not bad for a few hours work, although slightly unsociable hours! :D ). He'll take up NED positions on several prominent Boards, which will get him sacks of money. And of course he'll publish his memoirs and make a few million from that. And all of that is stuff he could do outside of a day job.

Nope, just so long as he doesn't decide to retire into full time property investing, I can't see him sleeping rough under the arches at Waterloo station.

You lot are not very nice! I think we should all send some Karma to the B liars as a previous post suggested.

First of all what is this Karma? I remember John Lennon singing about Instant Karma and Boy George and Karma Chameleon. Can we buy it in the shops, is it available on the net? How much is it? Do we buy it by the Kilo or the Pound? We should be told.

Anything to restore Bambi's famous grin and Cherie's pillar box mouth would be money well spent.

At least when he comes to sell he won't have to worry about capital gains tax. That should cheer him up, and even better will really pxxs off Brown nose next door at number 11.

What a Happy Sunday!!!

What this news means to me is confirmation that the economy is not going in the direction the govt expected. He would have some of the countries best economic experts on hand and yet still he has managed to make a loss. very concerning.

...or Brown set him up deliberately :ph34r:

Edited by Portent

Couldnt happen to a nicer chap.

Just shows you what inside information he had. Serves him right for spending his hols in Egypt at taxpayers expense and butt-snorkelling Bush when he should have been paying attention to Brown royally F*cking the Economy....

One problem with Blair, and it's been said before, is that he believes what he wants to believe. And he really does convince himself it is so.

This is what has made him so persuasive to so many people the last 10 years. He passionately believes in what he is saying.

The problem, Walter-Mitty style, is that reality does not want to play.

It happened with Iraq and is happening with the economy.