House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Anyone Know Tewkesbury

Hi,

I am meeting some friends in Tewkesbury next week and, not having been there in several years, I am looking for a suitable place for us to meet up and also somewhere quiet enough to have a chat.

If anyone knows Tewkesbury well can they recommend a good place to meet - we are all car users coming from different parts of the UK - so was thinking of meeting up in the abbey car-park?

Also, if anyone knows a good cafe, pub or restaurant that the can recommend I would be grateful. Looking for somewhere quiet enough for a good chat so not too noisy but not so quiet that everyone will listen to our conversation, shouts and laughter. Bunch of former colleagues getting together for a chat.

Thanks,

TMT.

Hi,

I am meeting some friends in Tewkesbury next week and, not having been there in several years, I am looking for a suitable place for us to meet up and also somewhere quiet enough to have a chat.

If anyone knows Tewkesbury well can they recommend a good place to meet - we are all car users coming from different parts of the UK - so was thinking of meeting up in the abbey car-park?

Also, if anyone knows a good cafe, pub or restaurant that the can recommend I would be grateful. Looking for somewhere quiet enough for a good chat so not too noisy but not so quiet that everyone will listen to our conversation, shouts and laughter. Bunch of former colleagues getting together for a chat.

Thanks,

TMT.

Try Google or the Yell.com website - look under Public Houses, or Cafes & Restaurants

Even by the standards of Off Topic that has your question got to do with house prices?

Guest LongBlackKilt
Hi,

Thanks,

TMT.

Somewhere above the flood plain.

What a brilliant idea meeting up in the abbey car park, seeing as you're all car users coming from different parts of the country this seems very apt.

Well done and I hope you have a nice meal and chin wag.

The Wetherspoons (near the Abbey) is very civilised for a Wetherspoons, plenty of different corners and it is 14C in origin.

Even by the standards of Off Topic that has your question got to do with house prices?

I think you will find that the nature of an Off Topic forum is to have, um, topics which are Off Topic from the main forums - I mean, have you actually checked any of the threads in this sub-forum?

Doh!

What a brilliant idea meeting up in the abbey car park, seeing as you're all car users coming from different parts of the country this seems very apt.

Well done and I hope you have a nice meal and chin wag.

Thank you - yes, the car park was a cunning idea. Only took 37 emails and 6 phone calls before we decided on that.

Why don't you meet up and drive in convoy to the Fox and Hounds in Bredon. It's ten minutes away, and a nice little village pub.

Have a nice time.

Guest X-QUORK

Did you have a nice evening in Tewkesbury then? I'm losing sleep over it.

Try Google or the Yell.com website - look under Public Houses, or Cafes & Restaurants

Obviously if more tourists like The Masked Tulip go there the more money in local pockets and the more likely house prices will rise.

Don't go there, Masked Tulip!

Hi,

Thanks,

TMT.

I have visited Tewkesbury a few times to do business of one sort or another. The Black Bull Hotel opposite the Abbey is quite amenable. It was a while since I had a meal in there though, but it seemed to be doing OK when I visited last year. There are quite a few smaller cafes around the town. I tend to like visiting the bookshops when I go there.

Regards

Andrew

Obviously if more tourists like The Masked Tulip go there the more money in local pockets and the more likely house prices will rise.

Not unless people like scuba diving in thier living room.

Tewkesbury230707_468x373.jpg