House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurt Barlow

Austerity Britain - Living Off Roadkill

Just got back from a collision with a deer. on the back roads near me.

Seems a shame to let a piece of prize venison got to waste ;)

What did it collide with? One of your arrows?

Go you!

Seriously, are you sure it's dead?

Go you!

Seriously, are you sure it's dead?

It was twitching when I bled it. Having severed its carotid artery - its definitely dead

Many moons ago when I trained to be an EHO we also had to train to be meat inspectors. Handy skills to have for the home butchery /slaughter game :lol:

looks a good sized animal.good darts.waste not,want not.

Will make for a decent sized Sunday roast and left overs stew. Might even make a hat out of the Skin.

Im off to do the business.

See ya later

......roast munjack, deep fried munjack, munjack pie,munjack casserole, munjack on toast, munjack in a basket, munjack surprise....

Well done! Get the freezer stocked up!

Best I've ever managed to hit was a pheasant. Quickly thrown in the car before the landowner saw me!

I know a few people who have hit stags, but the car generally came off worse than the stag.

there's nothing like fresh meat you've butchered yourself.

I would keep an eye on it if you're hanging it in the back yard.the crows will be in there

.......fried crow, diced crow, boiled crow, grilled crow, crow tempura, crow surprise (crow with munjack)......

I drove past a dead dear yesterday morning... it was gone by the evening and I was wondering who took it!

nice to see a little less pressure on public pension funding...

there's nothing like fresh meat you've butchered yourself.

I would keep an eye on it if you're hanging it in the back yard.the crows will be in there like Julie Kirkbride.

Halal bambi - oh dear!

Well done! Get the freezer stocked up!

Best I've ever managed to hit was a pheasant. Quickly thrown in the car before the landowner saw me!

I know a few people who have hit stags, but the car generally came off worse than the stag.

Munjack are ideal as they tend to go under and get twatted by the sump. Large deer just wreck your car.

When it shot out in front I thought it was a fox or dog. Not being Korean.......

I used to live near Sandringham and would regularly 'sump tw@t' one of Queenies Pheasants!

My bumper

Luckily I keep a boning knife in the car - so bled it by the roadside - in the boot and back home!

What does draining the blood out of it achieve when its already dead. I don't understand.

I believe that picking up your own roadkill deer is illegal - picking up someone else's is fine. No facts to hand, just anecdote from my local butcher.

Slit the belly to stop the gas building up in the cavity ASAP - otherwise it will taint the best bits of meat. Depending on where it was hit, you may also want to gut it sharpish - if they have been split open for example.

I had to euthanise a roe deer that had broken its pelvis in a fence a few weeks ago. While it was not a particularly pleasant deed, the we had the first of the vension at the w/e and it was delicious. The butcher did the skinning and jointing - there are a LOT of guts to dispose of.