House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soul_Survivor

Do You Think He Forgot Something?

I was once behind a Prestons of Potto lorry on the A172 between Stokesley and the A19, when one of its rear wheels flew off and missed my car by inches before rolling away into a ditch. I well and truly used up one of my nine lives that day! If I'd have been tailgating the lorry like a lot of pranny-ish drivers do, I don't think I'd be here writing this message. If that wheel had hit my car, I'm 99% certain it would have killed me. The amazing thing was that the lorry just carried on, its driver oblivious to what had just happened! There were two wheels on each axle, and so presumably it could just keep going minus one. As for me I had to pull into the next layby for a couple of minutes to get over the shock.

I was once behind a Prestons of Potto lorry on the A172 between Stokesley and the A19, when one of its rear wheels flew off and missed my car by inches before rolling away into a ditch. I well and truly used up one of my nine lives that day! If I'd have been tailgating the lorry like a lot of pranny-ish drivers do, I don't think I'd be here writing this message. If that wheel had hit my car, I'm 99% certain it would have killed me. The amazing thing was that the lorry just carried on, its driver oblivious to what had just happened! There were two wheels on each axle, and so presumably it could just keep going minus one. As for me I had to pull into the next layby for a couple of minutes to get over the shock.

Weirdly I was heard a very similar story years ago (10->15?) when I lived near Hutton Rudby. I cant remember the details, but the lorry went round a bend and the wheel came off, missing a number of cars... Some of the parents were on the school run? Same incedent or prestons of potto have a bad record?