House Price Crash Forum
thecrashingisles

Santander To Rebrand All Their Uk Banks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8069648.stm

Name change for High Street banks

Abbey, A&L and B&B will be disappearing from the High Street

Spanish banking giant Santander is to rebrand all of its major UK High Street brands - Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley.

A total of 1,300 branches will have their names changed to Santander by the end of 2010.

rebranding? are the current brands failing in the public eye?

these chumps moan about FSCS charges and everything else, so they waste ton on rebranding....still it diverts from the real situation.

Yes it's about time they were erased from the high street.

Makes sense to me. As an example I wouldn't have the confidence to money into a bank called Brandford and Bingley, but if it was called Santander I would probably open an account.

I know its a bit silly, given the ownership, but I am more confident in the name Santander than the former building societies.

Hardly surprising given that two of those names are associated with total failure.

Make that all three, shAbbey's customer service is awful.

In Colchester the Abbey is on the High street and B&B and A&L are almost facing each other on a street behind. The logical thing would be to shut two out of the three branches and keep the High street location.

Estimated job cut figures were announced months ago when the takeovers were taking place, jobs probably already gone, or about to.

Kingston upon thames have an abbey and an A&L next to each other (or almost)

I can see job losses in one of those.

The A&L is small whereas the Abbey is pretty big.

B&B is a fair way from those, next to where Woolies used to be.

That may conceivably stay.

Makes sense to me. As an example I wouldn't have the confidence to money into a bank called Brandford and Bingley, but if it was called Santander I would probably open an account.

I know its a bit silly, given the ownership, but I am more confident in the name Santander than the former building societies.

Would you still deposit much in Santander considering how much property prices (Santander's assets) have fallen lately. I know they are a big bank and were 9th safest in the world last year but they must slip down the ranking this year.

Alright for £50k I suppose....

The woman from Santander on the TV said that they were looking to increase the number of UK branches and not decrease. Given what we all know to be true about branch placement in the UK, I found it difficult to accept that they would not be closing any of the branches.

Colchester needs to rethink its use of retail space, it now has many empty shops but no proper market. If this carries on the centre will become deserted except for the weekend binge drinkers. Demolition and the creation of covered market seem to be the way ahead.

This will mean even more empty premises in our town centres.

Leading to more Commercial Real Estate value pressure?? and in turn more pressure on the banks...

Byres Road, Glasgow has an Abbey, B&B and A&L within 100m of eachother.

Edited by chris c-t

There is a long and noble tradition of branding failed old shit as shiney new Talbot Sunbeams.

But, when everyone knows it's shit, it only take one well-placed MSM piss-take and those stripey-braced bankers will wish they hadnt bothered. And lets face it, it's not like it's not open season on banks right now so no one would dream of taking the piss.

The woman from Santander on the TV said that they were looking to increase the number of UK branches and not decrease. Given what we all know to be true about branch placement in the UK, I found it difficult to accept that they would not be closing any of the branches.

theres a branch in every home with the internet.

Surely somone has noticed it's an anagram of Satan-nerd - a better description of bankers I've never heard.

Edited by sbn

If that is true, then they are a poorly run company with no idea of cost control.

They could close some branches and open others in different areas, but to keep open branches next door to each other with the same branded names? Idiocy.

In Colchester the Abbey is on the High street and B&B and A&L are almost facing each other on a street behind. The logical thing would be to shut two out of the three branches and keep the High street location.

Much funnier to keep them all open - "ok look there's a branch of Santander, ooh there's another one, ooh look, another branch of Santander!" - endless fun in the depths of Essex!

Much funnier to keep them all open - "ok look there's a branch of Santander, ooh there's another one, ooh look, another branch of Santander!" - endless fun in the depths of Essex!

yes, santanda needs to keep up with CLinton Fracking Cards shops every 30m on every highstreet.

I here they are rebranding to the CLOSED OUT OF BUSINESS label with all their branches having snazzy new white washed windows and newspaper stuck on them with real stripped down bare interiors for ease of maintenance

There is a long and noble tradition of branding failed old shit as shiney new Talbot Sunbeams.

But, when everyone knows it's shit, it only take one well-placed MSM piss-take and those stripey-braced bankers will wish they hadnt bothered. And lets face it, it's not like it's not open season on banks right now so no one would dream of taking the piss.

:lol::lol:

Quick!!! Get out there and grab a LIAR LOAN asap!!!! Quick!!!! :P:P