House Price Crash Forum

What Shape Will The Recovereh Be?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
From Bloomberg:

The shape of the global economic recovery might be a “W,” a “U,” an “L” or a “square root,” though definitely not a “classic V,” as job losses escalate and governments and consumers struggle with debt, the strategists said.

:blink:

Where's the tea leaves...... My take is below

So hard to say. To specify for the whole planet... where most are less wealthy than myself and many are on subsidence existence. But we cannot all go on expanding, can we?

My personal take is hopefully at a lower and more sustainable rate. Maybe we willbe less wealthy in the west, butmaybe happier. I hope its not a doomsday scenario. I just have a feeling that all is not well and its going to be reduced or much reduced economic activity..

I think we need to buy less tat and make do more with what we have, western civillisation has many poisonous aspects.. Unfortunatly MY view point isn't really relevant in most parts of the world.

HOLA444
From Bloomberg:

The shape of the global economic recovery might be a “W,” a “U,” an “L” or a “square root,” though definitely not a “classic V,” as job losses escalate and governments and consumers struggle with debt, the strategists said.

:blink:

A sloping (down from left to right) WWWWWWW

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
A sloping (down from left to right) WWWWWWW

Do you know, you might just have given the most insightful of answers here.

Lets hope a gentle 'rounded' set of w's, like the lower case greek letter omega

..omega omega omega (cant chose a greek font for omega)

(not best choice of words :huh: )

Edited by voidal

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

A c0ck shaped recovery.

We're currently sliding down the underside of the bell-end. As we reach the sensitive frenulum we will enjoy a brief period of excited stimulation which will create a slight upturn on the c0ck of economy.

This will be short-lived however as we realise that quantative squeezing was not the answer and the resultant extraction of the extra money (blood) will contract the c0ck quickly sending us spiralling down the shaft and onto the shrivelled balls of doom.

Edited by Breck

HOLA4415
A c0ck shaped recovery.

We're currently sliding down the underside of the bell-end. As we reach the sensitive frenulum we will enjoy a brief period of excited stimulation which will create a slight upturn on the c0ck of economy.

This will be short-lived however as we realise that quantative squeezing was not the answer and the resultant extraction of the extra money (blood) will contract the c0ck quickly sending us spiralling down the shaft and onto the shrivelled balls of doom.

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4416

\

.\

..\

...\

....\

.....\................................_________

......\.............._________/

.......\_______/

this took far longer than i thought it would, essentially an L shape but with the flat bit at the bottom rising inline with wages.... ok a man can dream :lol:

Edited by dandandan

HOLA4417
A c0ck shaped recovery.

Funniest thing I've read for a long time! Made me laugh out loud.

The other comments were pretty good, but this post has to be a best ever

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Funniest thing I've read for a long time! Made me laugh out loud.

The other comments were pretty good, but this post has to be a best ever

I`m still chuckling now.

"onto the shrivelled balls of doom" is just too funny.

Somehow, I imagine Breck saying this out loud in a thick "Northern" accent. That makes it even funnier.

That`s the thing about us bears, we do seem to have a better sense of humour than the bulls. Mind you, the bulls haven`t got much to laugh about these days.