House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Ofcom Agrees To Midnight Until 6am Shopping Channels

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbys...g-channels.html

ITV, Channel 4 and Five have been allowed to air teleshopping for insomniacs between midnight and 6am. Another rule that limits non-PSB channels to broadcast only three hours of tele-shopping a day will also be relaxed.

"Against the background of falling advertising revenues, Ofcom has made changes to allow broadcasters to generate additional revenues from teleshopping," said the media regulator.

Ofcom said last year that it was considering freeing up the rules on tele-shopping on the basis that the impact of allowing it on the public service channels "would be modest".

Ofcom also said it will not change rules on the amount of advertising permitted on public serve broadcasting (PSB) and non-PSB channels, or to the limits on how much may be scheduled during the evening peak-time on PSB channels between 6pm and 11pm.

The regulator admitted that the rules governing the amount and usage of advertising minutage are significantly more restrictive for PSBs than they are for non-PSBs.

However, it said that it would review its position on advertising in spring 2010 when digital television switchover is closer to completion.

"There is a strong case for harmonising the regulation of advertising minutage on PSB and non-PSB channels within the next few years,"it said.

Leading broadcasters yesterday refused to comment on the ruling. An ITV source said this could lead to another potential revenue stream, although it had not yet formed a view on how beneficial this would be for ITV.

I wonder how long before we get teleshopping on ITV after midnight?

Fantastic

More chances to spend £7.89 on P&P, £1.50 on the phone call and

£3.46 to purchase a novelty Santa. (With £4.99 for 12 months product

insurance , 10% off in return for card holders 29.78% APR)

:o

I'm shocked, never realised it worked like that...

He he

Nice one! Tom

pump those abs. varnish those teeth. can't wait... literally, i can't wait. i've had to kill the telly

weekendah.... so supah

No tv here :>

Just chilling to some music and reading up on bear food.

Gone a bit retro tonight...... bomb the bass currently.

No tv here :>

Just chilling to some music and reading up on bear food.

Gone a bit retro tonight...... bomb the bass currently.

good choice - don't suppose you've got an mp3 of winter in july you ping me have you?

If crap like this means the end of the tv licence I'd be happy.

It's because of tv licence you get 4 national tv networks, 7 national radio networks, 18 regional tv services, 40 local radio stations and all on the online content. With no commercials and no shopping slots I don't see your point really.

It's because of tv licence you get 4 national tv networks, 7 national radio networks, 18 regional tv services, 40 local radio stations and all on the online content. With no commercials and no shopping slots I don't see your point really.

It's a bit more complex than that ;)

Commercial TV and the print media are dead, and the Beeb are so rattled about losing its £3.4 billion orgy of cash they intend to tax your computer :-

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/0,1000000...39654931,00.htm

I think some of the print media will survive, with the major newspaper groups charging for online access, this should surely allow them to keep some physical papers in print.