House Price Crash Forum

Another Rosie Millard Article

HOLA441
Guest UK Debt Slave

There are millions of people living like this.

They are right on the edge of bankruptcy

If new sources of debt dry up, the game is up.

A lot of people have been playing the commerce game with debt and they are about to find themselves in shark infested waters. Too bad. I don't have any sympathy for them. Rosie Millard can drown in a sea of her own zhit for all I care

HOLA442
HOLA443
Wow. This disaster was pre-crash then when eveyrthing appeared to be going well.

I wonder if Islam Bank know this.

Yes, amazing isn't it, 2005 and we know what happened next. It was a nation full of Rosie Millards and bankers who shared their unjustified optimism that got us where we are now. Any rational person would have stopped at 1 or 2 credit cards maxed out, but no, Ms Dullard just applies for another and another and another.

HOLA444
HOLA445
it will be especially sore on the poor deluded Rosies of this world.

I hope so.

Nulabour still steadast in policy to bail homeowners. But at least Dozie's article shows that if and hopefully when she or hubby lose their 'professional' middle class jobs they will HAVE to sell off their properties.

HOLA446
I am letting my flat to tourists — it’s just that there are never quite enough of them. And French bank managers are far less lenient than British ones. Indeed, the whole French attitude to debt is far stricter. Compared with our 67m credit cards there are only 2.8m swishing around in France, a country with a similar population.

UK is sooo screwed

I was just giving out to my GF (she is German) for not having a credit card, as it means I usually have to book stuff online. 'But my bank (German) won't give me one until my six month probation period is up', she answered. She is a 27 year old debt-free doctor with a permanent contract and still her bank won't give her a card or overdraft until they see how she manages her money for 6 months! :o

HOLA447
HOLA448
Unfortunately, wasn't she saved by the rampant HPI in London in 2006/7? Sold BTLs to pay off the debts I think?

But recently bought 1 million pound house at auction, wearing her 'lucky skirt'. She is screwed.

HOLA449
...The game being played as part of our "classless society" was the idea that everyone could be middle class without any of the values, attitudes or (dare I say) prejudices. We're finding out now just what a crock of sh1t this was. Living the lifestyle for a limited period is one thing, having the mindset quite another. ...
The average person today carries around with them an enormous sense of entitlement

Sums up very well a lot of people nowadays - thankyou.

How can you self-proclaim yourself middle class without thinking yourself a bit of a tit?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
One wonders what hubby does at the Beeb. I hope he's not in management: He can't even manage the feckless bint he's married to!

:huh:

I need to find the old thread, he had been made redundant at that point!

• 12 years later...
HOLA4413
On 25/05/2009 at 18:14, Radge said:

One wonders what hubby does at the Beeb. I hope he's not in management: He can't even manage the feckless bint he's married to!

The undead live!!

I'm guessing hubbies refundos didnt last long and, despite 'being able to earn much more in tge private se tor' (c) every BBC employee, is probably driving a super market delivery van.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9936241/TALK-TOWN-BBCs-Rosie-Millard-marry-multi-millionaire-left-family-for.html

It's three years since she walked away, in floods of tears, from her husband and four children.

But the smiles are back – and the champagne on ice – as former BBC arts journalist Rosie Millard is to wed the man she gave it all up for.

I can reveal Rosie, 56, and her multi-millionaire lover, Alex Graham, 67, will marry on Tuesday at Islington Town Hall, North London. The ceremony will be followed by a ‘champagne-soaked celebration’ at Frederick’s restaurant nearby, say insiders.

HOLA4414

Mr Graham, outgoing chairman of the Scott Trust – which owns The Guardian newspaper – left his wife, Maeve Haran, 70, mother to their three grown-up children and the author of bestselling novel Having It All. It is understood she was unaware of the affair until he left her.

Leftly io btl slumlord luvfest.

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, spyguy said:

Mr Graham, outgoing chairman of the Scott Trust – which owns The Guardian newspaper – left his wife, Maeve Haran, 70, mother to their three grown-up children and the author of bestselling novel Having It All. It is understood she was unaware of the affair until he left her.

Leftly io btl slumlord luvfest.

He looks like a wino.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
On 25/05/2009 at 15:54, Guest UK Debt Slave said:

There are millions of people living like this.

They are right on the edge of bankruptcy

If new sources of debt dry up, the game is up.

A lot of people have been playing the commerce game with debt and they are about to find themselves in shark infested waters. Too bad. I don't have any sympathy for them. Rosie Millard can drown in a sea of her own zhit for all I care

And what happened? Rates went even lower.

HOLA4418