House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrashedOutAndBurned

'post Office' Style Queues For Struggling Pubs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...-local-pub.html

Drinkers in pubs are to be told to stand in a queue and banned from ordering more than two drinks at a time at the bar.

Rope barriers similar to those used in shops and post offices will be installed to keep customers in line.

The plan has been proposed following concern over disorder and violence in a town centre's bars.

The two-drink limit is intended to curb binge-drinking and stop customers ordering large amounts of alcohol. In addition, customers would not be allowed to drink while queuing.

But critics say the 'nanny state' restrictions will end the convivial British tradition of drinkers buying rounds for their friends.

More bizarre ideas from the bonkers New Labour policy machine.

Binge drinking and pub violence is a result of the yob culture bred by f-you Thatcherism/New Labourism not the lack of a particular queuing system.

Maybe we should stop the drinking of cheap supermarket booze before they go out?

Maybe we should go back to the old licensing hours?

Maybe we should bring back off licences?

Maybe we should bring back arrest and imprisonment for drunks?

No..... lets rope 'em off and queue. Only in barmy Britain.

I heard this, though to be fair, it is the LibDems bringing this in:

Under plans drawn up by Liberal Democrat-controlled Oldham Council, all 22 pubs in the town centre will have to comply with the new rules. The 2003 Licensing Act allows police and trading standards officers to apply for variations in a pub licence if there is concern about drink-related violence and disorder.

They are all mad, aren't they?

Right. That's it. I'm now an anarchist. I'll still wear my tweed jacket, cords and brogues; but I am now a proper anarchist. I'm even going to start chewing gum, so I can drop it in the street.

Right. That's it. I'm now an anarchist. I'll still wear my tweed jacket, cords and brogues; but I am now a proper anarchist. I'm even going to start chewing gum, so I can drop it in the street.
PCSO Fine

Want to give something back to your community? Then have you considered taking up a challenging role as a police community support officer?

As a police community support officer (PCSO), you will work on the frontline of your local force, providing a visible and reassuring presence on the streets and tackling the menace of anti-social behaviour.

for those determined to simply throw gum on the streets, they will face an instant £80.00 fine.

“Chewing gum may be seen as not very important to some people but I think to the vast majority of people they don't want to see people throwing it [gum] on the ground so they want us to take action”, says Mayor Cllr Jonathan Driver"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articl...n_feature.shtml

I heard this, though to be fair, it is the LibDems bringing this in:

They are all mad, aren't they?

all 3 big parties = the same

this is crackpot legislation , designed to close more pubs

Given the fact that the Government do not abide by the law themselves, then its clear that the public now have legal recourse to use that as a test case and refuse to abide by the law that has been determined by corrupt and fraudulant people.

It comes as no suprise that the Labour Government have created hundreds of thousands of new laws for the people, yet fail to abide by them themselves.

The police should have been called in a long time ago, and the MP's arrested for fraud, theft, and corruption.

An absolutely barmy idea...maybe they're getting us in training for other subversive reasons. The old standard closing times would make things even worse - everyone at 5 to 11, trying to order a drink. I can't image inebriated neanderthals waiting at the the back of the queue, they'll just push in at the front, causing random outbreaks of fighting..by the end of the first night of this scheme, you'll find bits of rope & metal bollards littering every high street in Britain.....yeah...great idea.....

An absolutely barmy idea...maybe they're getting us in training for other subversive reasons. The old standard closing times would make things even worse - everyone at 5 to 11, trying to order a drink. I can't image inebriated neanderthals waiting at the the back of the queue, they'll just push in at the front, causing random outbreaks of fighting..by the end of the first night of this scheme, you'll find bits of rope & metal bollards littering every high street in Britain.....yeah...great idea.....

Those ropes will be really handy to garrotte the person in front of you, will they be health and safety issue or somthing?

Next it will be the ticket dispenser with a number on it. This country is led by lunatics.

This scheme could be extended to deal with obesity. The government could install treadmills at check outs, and fat people could be limited to one packet of crisp per supermarket visit.

The next logical step for pubs is to ban drinking and talking.

I think that while they are at it, they should create a new law that ensures the people who miss a round are reported to the police and interviewed over the head with a truncheon when they leave the premises.

Its the right thing to do for Britains Hard Working Families.

The Daily Mail loves to float these non-stories. Take no notice. But Bill Bryson (writer, former American, lives in NorfolK) reported in one of his books how an invitation for a drink in the US means just that-one drink. Indeed, some bars will not serve customers with more than three drinks in a visit. To me, this was final proof of the moral collapse of the USA.

They have a point.

Getting a round in could lead to dangerous levels of community cohesion, new friendships forming and people getting on with each other.

Notions entirely alien to modern British society. Its you and the state. We must fight to maintain our new way of life.

Cue: Comment from some pathetic whining sad sack about how they don't like rounds because it leaves them out of pocket because they don't drink. No doubt from the "pubs will be busier than ever" one tomato juice a year smoking ban supporting fringe.

Maybe we should go back to the old licensing hours?

The road I live on is a thorough-a-fare for pub goers to and from the town centre. On their return there is occasional rowdy behaviour, but there is rarely more than a handful of people returning at a time and aside from the odd raised voice and one girl urinating in a neighbours driveway (I shouldn't judge, did it myself on at least one occasion as a teenager) there's never been any real trouble. But I have it on good authority from my neighbour, who has lived in the street for years, that before the relaxation of licencing hours the street was a regular war zone on Friday and Saturday nights.

As far as my town is concerned extended licencing hours have been a good thing, especially for me and my mates as we love a good drink and don't want to be told when to go to bed like 7 year olds.

As for ropes, you might as well have them in my local, the area of bar they actually serve from prevents more than 2 or 3 people being served at a time, f4cking annoying IMO, nice pub though so I tolerate it. However, in general, post office style queues in pubs really is beyond the f4cking pale. There really will be a revolution if that happens.

The road I live on is a thorough-a-fare for pub goers to and from the town centre. On their return there is occasional rowdy behaviour, but there is rarely more than a handful of people returning at a time and aside from the odd raised voice and one girl urinating in a neighbours driveway (I shouldn't judge, did it myself on at least one occasion as a teenager) there's never been any real trouble. But I have it on good authority from my neighbour, who has lived in the street for years, that before the relaxation of licencing hours the street was a regular war zone on Friday and Saturday nights.

You raise a valid point, the ambulance service wouldn't be able to cope with restricted drinking hours. I wish I knew what the answer to all this crazy binge drinking is. When I was young we never seemed to have the money, although there were always those that did. Mind you getting up at 6am for work put the dampners on a lot.

I remeber going to the Hacienda in Manchester back in the day, they had a supermarket deli type ticket dispenserat the bar, useless, caused endless rows and more than one punch up.

The Daily Mail loves to float these non-stories. Take no notice. But Bill Bryson (writer, former American, lives in NorfolK) reported in one of his books how an invitation for a drink in the US means just that-one drink. Indeed, some bars will not serve customers with more than three drinks in a visit. To me, this was final proof of the moral collapse of the USA.

If I drink I want four strong pints and a chaser to go home on otherwise I don't bother. Are Americans all alcohol Pussy's or don't that trust themselves having a shooter on one side off the bed and a pissed off wife the other.

The posts used in these queuing systems make excellent impromptu weapons should disorder break out.

402_TS.3048_slimline_advance_300.jpg

Having witnessed one thug smash a bystander round the head with a post liberated from the queuing system outside a night club, I can honestly say that any Post Office queuing system will end up demolished and the posts / rope with metal hooks on the end will end up causing someone a very serious injury. Once the inevitable disorder breaks out.

The posts used in these queuing systems make excellent impromptu weapons should disorder break out.

402_TS.3048_slimline_advance_300.jpg

Having witnessed one thug smash a bystander round the head with a post liberated from the queuing system outside a night club, I can honestly say that any Post Office queuing system will end up demolished and the posts / rope with metal hooks on the end will end up causing someone a very serious injury. Once the inevitable disorder breaks out.

Oh health and safety will have a beano with them! After a steering group, a risk assesment, a safety commisiion, twelve reports, a re-think , another re think and an amended report, a white paper and a partridge in a pear tree we should get them in 2030. :lol:

In Windsor the litter patrol officers wear protective vests and travel in pairs. My dog peed on lampost right in front of them;

They looked at the dog- then at the puddle, then at me. I could see the wheels turning in their heads. So we stood, frozen for moment in this legal limbo while they tried to decide if dog piss constituted a form of litter. Finaly they seemed to reach an unspoken agreement and ignored me and my dog and walked away.

I don't know why, but somehow the sight of two grown men in body armour and reflective jackets contemplating the course of my dogs piss as it ran slowly down the pavement seemed a perfect metaphor for the grotesqe parody of itself this country has become.

Hard to imagine, now, that England had ever represented a beacon of freedom and moderation in world gone mad. Who were those people who fought the Nazis? I wish they would come back, we really need them now.