House Price Crash Forum
ralphmalph

Darling Claims Taxpayer Money To Fill In Tax Return

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...tax-return.html

You could not make it up. We all have to pay if we wanted somebody to do our tax returns, same with business.

Not is you are an MP or a cabinet member, create the most complex tax system in history, let HMRC view anyone as guilty until they prove themselves innocent, but do not worry the taxpayer will pay for an MP to get help to fill it in.

They all need to resigh now. This is the final nail in the coffin.

Helping Hard working familes, my ar5e.

You could not make it up. We all have to pay if we wanted somebody to do our tax returns, same with business.

Not is you are an MP or a cabinet member, create the most complex tax system in history, let HMRC view anyone as guilty until they prove themselves innocent, but do not worry the taxpayer will pay for an MP to get help to fill it in.

They all need to resigh now. This is the final nail in the coffin.

Helping Hard working familes, my ar5e.

as you say, the most complex tax system in history.

utter utter scum. :angry:

I noticed him refuse a question on Minsters dodging tax on the BBC at dinner time. He look MORE worried than normal.................i still say its NOT the expenses, they sussed about the collaspe that IS very close at hand.

Mike

Also in the same article: "Gordon Brown is thought to be considering a sweeping Cabinet reshuffle next month in light of the expenses scandal. David Blunkett, the former Home Secretary, was reported to have had a secret dinner with Mr Brown at Chequers, stoking speculation that he is poised for a return to the Cabinet."

Let's restore the reputation of Parliament by bringing someone back to the Government who had to resign in scandal twice.

Yes, why not. It obviously worked for Mandelson, after all.

To be fair, he was one of 9 cabinet members stealing our money to avoid paying personal taxes.

All rotten to the core, the lot of them, take take take ££££, greedy lot of dirt bags :angry:

It used to p*ss me off, when I read or heard on the news all about people scrounging social benefits, I couldnt give 2 fooks now, because I know where they get it from :blink:

What was that phrase from the early days of the credit crunch, when people were trying to get their heads around mortgage backed securities ...

A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, trussed with a lawyer's silk ribbon and served on a bed of gently steaming boolsheeeet.

Yum. Three Michelin stars.

Edited by okaycuckoo

And what's Gordon's moral compass saying on Tax Avoidance?

This govt is full of parasitical scum.

He doesn't have a moral compass

Mr Darling was asked why it was appropriate in his role for him to claim for the cost of completing his self-assessment tax return. In a statement, he replied: “Like many MPs, I employed an accountant to prepare tax returns for each of the years in question to ensure that the correct amount of tax was paid.”

I think we are more interested in why is was appropriate that the taxpayer paid for the accountant, rather than a statement of why people would employ an accountant.

Mr Darling was asked why it was appropriate in his role for him to claim for the cost of completing his self-assessment tax return. In a statement, he replied: “Like many MPs, I employed an accountant to prepare tax returns for each of the years in question to ensure that the correct amount of tax was paid.”

I think we are more interested in why is was appropriate that the taxpayer paid for the accountant, rather than a statement of why people would employ an accountant.

I don't think he can be blamed for not understanding the question. There were, afterall, several words with more than five letters.

Snip

And not a penny more

Not sure about this one. I seem to remember being able to claim tax relief for accountancy fees when I was self employed some years ago. And apparently, accountancy fees are specifically stated as "allowable expenses" for MPs (BBC news this a.m.) so the story probably doesn't have "legs". Still - every little helps, so long as it doesn't conceal the bigger picture and the tens of thousands they have been ripping off for years. Oh and the small matter that these self-serving and deceitful hypocrites who want to order us around have helped bring the country to point of bankruptcy.

Noticeable too, isn't it, that Blears' and Jackboot Jaquie's faces are in the frame again on this one. Two of the most intensly disliked people on this forum. You see them, hear them, and quickly take a real dislike to them. It's sometimes something you can't quite explain. Some sort of intuition kicks in and they can make the most benevolent and amenable of people loathe and detest them.

It's almost a relief to keep seeing their names cropping up in this saga of deceit. It's like a confirmation that your intuition is pretty spot on.

So, fellow seditionaries. I ask you to join me on June 1st 2009 at 9am outside the gates of Parliament to do your duty as an English Citizen (law only applies in England) and perform the arrest of those MPs who have admitted their guilt by repaying their thefts. You may use reasonable force. Before you think "I can't do that!", may I remind you that you can and SHOULD. It is OUR Parliament and they are self confessed thieves.

1st June 2009. 9am. House of Commons. Bring cameras

A list of the documented guilty is being prepared. I will issue citizens arrest warrants on each and every one of them when GOT has the time to do me a funky graphic.

GOT = Grumpy Old twit

Telegraph is being a bit economical with the "the actualité" itself here since quite a few companies pay for the completion of the Tax Returns of their officers (interesting to know how the Barclay Brothers pay for such things). The question of whether it is a deductible expense for tax purposes is another matter but the Telegraph would need to see what was being claimed on the tax returns to speak on that subject.

MPs tax returns are a bit more complicated than that completed by individuals who have a few savings and investments since they have to complete a special schedule relating to their office

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa_drafts/sa102mp_notes.pdf

Of course, it might be an idea for all Tax Returns, including those of MPs to be made public but I am not sure that the owners of the Daily Telegraph or Daily Mail would be keen on that idea as we would then be able to see how little tax they were paying as a Private Eye has been stating ad nauseam over the last few years.

Edited by rembrandt