House Price Crash Forum

I've Been Buying The Daily Telegraph

HOLA441

I am not a particular fan of Tory MP Nadine Dorries, but I do believe in her right to express her opinions.

I am so disgusted therefore at the actions of the Daily Telegraph in having her blog removed. No legal action, no suing for libel, just squashing out the right of free expression.

And what did she say that was so offensive? Just that she felt that the crusade against MPs' expenses was becoming a witch hunt. Her full comments before the blog was shut down are available on google cache.

http://209.85.229.132/search?hl=en&q=c...mp;oq=cache%3A+

I've been one of the extra 100,000 purchasers of the newspaper in the last fortnight. No more. Free speech, even if it upsets the owners of the Telegraph, is too valuable a commodity.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest sillybear2

Sorry, but she's off her rocker :-

"Enter the Barclay brothers, the billionaire owners of The Daily Telegraph. Rumour is that they are fiercely Euro sceptic and do not feel that either of the main parties are Euro sceptic enough. They have set upon a deliberate course to destabilise Parliament, with the hope that the winners will be UKIP and BNP."

What? Publishing the truth about their dodgy dealings has destabilised Parliament so we can logically conclude it should have all be hushed up, just as Speaker Martin attempted to fight those FOI requests. Bull$hit, this is a case of shooting the messenger. The only people who have brought our political system into disrepute is the MP's themselves, they should have thought about all this when they were filling in their crooked expense forms assuming their misdeeds would be hidden away, integrity is what you do when nobody is watching! Were the Barclay brothers in Parliament holding a gun to the MP's heads forcing them to make complete tits of themselves?

And sadly that includes Nadine Dorries herself, she has a dodgy expense record and somehow assumes attack is the best form of defence, it seems a bit of contrition is beyond her, and so is some acknowledgment that the public take except to a casual disregard for public money.

The MP's did this to themselves, they can blame the "rules" or the "system" if they like but they put those rules in place and fought any attempt to change or reform them, they were making out like bandits and couldn't give two figs about who was footing the bill. Now they're only sorry for getting caught.

Mind you, they should have left Dorries' blog running so people can laugh at her pathetic attempts to gain sympathy and feign victimhood. "Oh woe is me, I've been caught stealing and they'll never let us steal again, oh it's all too much. Life just isn't worth living without a crooked expense system to milk, it defines my existence". Please, and these people think they have what it takes to govern? Pathetic.

Grow up Nadine.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA443

Well I'd agree nothing should be done to divert attention from Mad Nad's massive sense of entitlement, ludicrous whining, inability to control her emotions and indulgence in conspiracy theories. I'd imagine it has more to do with Cameron reading it for himself and proverbially sh1tting the bed, than following the dictats of the Torygraph.

HOLA444

"Enter the Barclay brothers, the billionaire owners of The Daily Telegraph. Rumour is that they are fiercely Euro sceptic and do not feel that either of the main parties are Euro sceptic enough. They have set upon a deliberate course to destabilise Parliament, with the hope that the winners will be UKIP and BNP."

What? Publishing the truth about their dodgy dealings has destabilised Parliament so we can logically conclude it should have all be hushed up, just as Speaker Martin attempted to fight those FOI requests. Bull$hit, this is a case of shooting the messenger. The only people who have brought our political system into disrepute is the MP's themselves, they should have thought about all this when they were filling in their crooked expense forms assuming their misdeeds would be hidden away, integrity is what you do when nobody is watching! Were the Barclay brothers in Parliament holding a gun to the MP's heads forcing them to make complete tits of themselves?

And sadly that includes Nadine Dorries herself, she has a dodgy expense record and somehow assumes attack is the best form of defence, it seems a bit of contrition is beyond her, and so is some acknowledgment that the public take except to a casual disregard for public money.

The MP's did this to themselves, they can blame the "rules" or the "system" if they like but they put those rules in place and fought any attempt to change or reform them, they were making out like bandits and couldn't give two figs about who was footing the bill. Now they're only sorry for getting caught.

Mind you, they should have left Dorries' blog running so people can laugh at her pathetic attempts to gain sympathy and feign victimhood. "Oh woe is me, I've been caught stealing and they'll never let us steal again, oh it's all too much. Life just isn't worth living without a crooked expense system to milk, it defines my existence". Please, and these people think they have what it takes to govern? Pathetic.

Grow up Nadine.

So anyone who is off their rocker should have their blog removed? Sounds very Soviet to me.

HOLA445

You think the timing was co-incidence, then ?

:)

I have to say, if I were the eurosceptic owners of a newspaper with this scoop. I'd publish the story exactly when they did

Big gains for UKIP, pressure can be put on Cameron to be more openly anti-EU. Job done.

HOLA446
Guest sillybear2
So anyone who is off their rocker should have their blog removed? Sounds very Soviet to me.

As I said, just the opposite, many of us enjoy reading her uninhibited and unhinged sense of entitlement and victimhood which is exactly why Cameron slapped her down, the removed blog is on her personal site remember :-

http://blog.dorries.org/Blogs/2009/May/22#22

I'm sure the newspapers are more than happy to see her continue to make a fool of herself, she makes good copy. There is no conspiracy here, she made a tit of herself and removed her own blog from her own personal site out of embarrassment. All this talk of being silenced by the Telegraph is just another one of her ludicrous conspiracy theories, is there any actual proof of the Barclay's silencing her? To be honest I'd sooner believe the stuff David Icke comes out with.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA447
Guest sillybear2
You think the timing was co-incidence, then ?

:)

This stuff was meant to be released in July anyway, I'd say the timing after the election isn't a co-incidence either, I'd sooner see the truth out now regardless of any alleged motivations, people can draw their own conclusions and act accordingly.

MP's created this mess, they committed the frauds, they wasted our money trying to hush it up, they tried to exempt themselves from the law and when all their pathetic attempts failed and the truth finally came out in an uncontrolled fashion because they were too cowardly to do the honest thing. Then they have the alacrity to blame the media and come up with conspiracy theories? This is natural justice, the timing means they're being punished by fate, they will be held accountable for their actions for once. They could have released this stuff last year after the local elections and took the wrap, they didn't.

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA448
I am not a particular fan of Tory MP Nadine Dorries, but I do believe in her right to express her opinions.

And what did she say that was so offensive?

I think she was not only shut down by the DT.

She made some very valid points.

Everybody knew about ACA excesses for years. Nothing was done and nothing was said. The media and the DT was part of that conspiracy of silence.

The Telegraph reporting is totally skewed in favour of 'shopping trolley envy'. High crimes are classified in degrees of elephant lamps, bookcases or pot plants. Yes, MPs featured have been pilloried selectively, since every single MP has indulged and abused the system. Of course the DT has an agenda.

The worst aspect of this is that the DT has contrived to make the public think that MP X is a bigger pig than MP Y or that MP Z is a saint. Not the case. They all end up with a similar wad of notes.

No one has to read the 'wacky ex-nurse's blog' and she isn't even paid to write it. She can have as many tinfoil hat conspiracy theories as she likes as far as Joe Public is concerned.

But the DT appears to believe it has the monopoly on rumour, innuendo and character assassination. And party leaders will use the DT's info to prune their personal enemies, even though every MP is guilty.

It's a stitch up.

HOLA449

LOL yeah it's a giant plan by the bnp who have forced the sitting MPs to fill their boots.

HOLA4410
As I said, just the opposite, many of us enjoy reading her uninhibited and unhinged sense of entitlement and victimhood which is exactly why Cameron slapped her down, the removed blog is on her personal site remember :-

http://blog.dorries.org/Blogs/2009/May/22#22

I'm sure the newspapers are more than happy to see her continue to make a fool of herself, she makes good copy. There is no conspiracy here, she made a tit of herself and removed her own blog from her own personal site out of embarrassment. All this talk of being silenced by the Telegraph is just another one of her ludicrous conspiracy theories, is there any actual proof of the Barclay's silencing her? To be honest I'd sooner believe the stuff David Icke comes out with.

So if the Telegraph wasn't trying to silence her, why did they shut down her blog? For the fun of it?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest sillybear2
So if the Telegraph wasn't trying to silence her, why did they shut down her blog? For the fun of it?

I think it was more of a case of Cameron shutting her mouth.

HOLA4413
Guest vicmac64

I have to say I believe this paper is wedded to Globalism and that this is a plot to destroy all confidence in our ability to govern ourselves. It has also taken our eyes away from the the real villans - the so called masters of the Universe that so readily have destroyed our financial well being.

I am so disgusted therefore at the actions of the Daily Telegraph in having her blog removed. No legal action, no suing for libel, just squashing out the right of free expression.

And what did she say that was so offensive? Just that she felt that the crusade against MPs' expenses was becoming a witch hunt. Her full comments before the blog was shut down are available on google cache.

I've been one of the extra 100,000 purchasers of the newspaper in the last fortnight. No more. Free speech, even if it upsets the owners of the Telegraph, is too valuable a commodity.

HOLA4414
I think it was more of a case of Cameron shutting her mouth.

Sillybear, what are you inhaling? The Telegraph's lawyers admit they took action to shut down the blogsite.

No matter how much you disagree with her, and I do, this is not acceptable in a free socety.

HOLA4415
Guest sillybear2
Sillybear, what are you inhaling? The Telegraph's lawyers admit they took action to shut down the blogsite.

No matter how much you disagree with her, and I do, this is not acceptable in a free socety.

I agree, it's a shame, she was funny. Obviously this is all part of the Barclay brothers plan for world domination, she knew too much, or claimed too much.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Guest sillybear2
I expected better from you than such a trivial answer.

I agree, but to be honest she can just go into the Commons and say what she likes with impunity. So I suggest she makes her thoughts clear on the Barclays in the house.

HOLA4418

Does http://blog.dorries.org/Blogs/2009/May/22#22 have any relation to The Telegraph? If it is on their server then I can see why they exercised their right to remove it, although I don't agree it's the right thing to do. But if it has nothing to do with them, then how did they get it removed?

HOLA4419
Guest sillybear2
Does http://blog.dorries.org/Blogs/2009/May/22#22 have any relation to The Telegraph? If it is on their server then I can see why they exercised their right to remove it, although I don't agree it's the right thing to do. But if it has nothing to do with them, then how did they get it removed?

Got their lawyers onto her ISP :-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/ma...blog-taken-down

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
.. is there any actual proof of the Barclay's silencing her?

Well I would have thought they could afford to pay someone so that there is no proof. You can't have gained the amount of money they have but then make a **** up that leaves you exposed. So I'm afraid you won't be able to say for definite one way or the other -- you'll have to speculate. Oh, I see you already have. :P

[Ah, self-editing forum software! The four stars stand for c*ck, not f*ck. But then, I suppose you can read it either way.]

Edited by dude

HOLA4422

HOLA4423

HOLA4424
Guest sillybear2
Well I would have thought they could afford to pay someone so that there is no proof. You can't have gained the amount of money they have but then make a **** up that leaves you exposed. So I'm afraid you won't be able to say for definite one way or the other -- you'll have to speculate. Oh, I see you already have. :P

[Ah, self-editing forum software! The four stars stand for c*ck, not f*ck. But then, I suppose you can read it either way.]

So the Barclay brothers would have got away with it if it wasn't for that pesky Nadine Dorries. They do a discredit to themselves, she is/was funny.

Ouch.... poison dart... just landed in neck....................

Edited by sillybear2

HOLA4425