House Price Crash Forum

Mps’ Call For End Of Cash Flow To Scots

HOLA441
“Don't the French call us 'The United Kingdoms' (implying we're not)?”

I am afraid not.

The French call us “Le Royaume-Uni”

If it was the United Kingdoms it would be,

“Les Royaumes-Unis”.

Le Royaume-Uni (nom officiel : le Royaume-Uni de Grande-Bretagne et d'Irlande du Nord) est un État indépendant d'Europe de l'Ouest créé en 1707, composé de la Grande-Bretagne (Angleterre, Écosse et Pays de Galles) et de l’Irlande du Nord et membre de l'Union européenne depuis 1973.

Source, idiots guide to life, my favourite.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royaume-Uni

cheers for that, one of those things one wrongly remembers... maybe it's just me

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
But I like haggis and chips.

What's this about they look funny? You mean like Rab C. and family?

I think i messed up the look of my post. It was pointing out to the poster quoted that he'd missed a couple of tricks therein.

I'm an english you see.

HOLA444

“If Scotland pay for a military force to stop others taking their oil wells, then it's ok by me they can keep them. “

An independent Scotland will be unable to pay the parking fines of their London diplomats. They will have to fall back on some diplomatic immunity jest just like the Nigerians used to.

“No. It's a 9 to 1 relationship. i.e. a relationship equivalent to that of Yorkshire say.”

To be precise it is an 11/12 to 1 relationship.

Scottish people are about 8.5% of the population of GB.

The difference between 11/12 and 9 is not such a big deal if you are a part of the 11/12 but it is a huge deal if you are a part of the 1.

If you are a part of the “1”, is it something like 20%.

HOLA445

“But I like haggis and chips.”

Good quality haggis if drenched in whiskey is surprisingly tasty.

That does not mean that Englishmen have to continue paying our Scottish brethren more than is fair while putting up with their incessant whining about how hard done by they are, when in truth they are very we’ll done by.

If anyone wants an insight into the mawkish, self-pitying, deluded world of our Scottish brethren just read Irving Welsh’ “Trainspotting”.

Of course you could go and live in Scotland for six months but reading a thin novel about junkies is much less bovver than that.

HOLA446

Given the huge disparity of income and poverty rates within England, wouldn't it be a sensible idea to have a public expenditure formula that differentiated between say, the South East and Newcastle, or between East Anglia and Cornwall?

HOLA447

It is time that the cheap slurs that our Scottish buddies are so happy to sling about

“England IMO is finished. It's a non country with nothing to offer.”

“Agreed. What's often touted as being good about Ingerland is often quite cr@p when you stop to look at how things really are.”

are met with robust, evidence based argument.

And when that happens all our ginger haired, skirt wearing, thick, ignorant buddies slink off onto the long grass.

Well, I suppose that is where they belong.

HOLA448
It is time that the cheap slurs that our Scottish buddies are so happy to sling about

“England IMO is finished. It's a non country with nothing to offer.”

“Agreed. What's often touted as being good about Ingerland is often quite cr@p when you stop to look at how things really are.”

are met with robust, evidence based argument.

And when that happens all our ginger haired, skirt wearing, thick, ignorant buddies slink off onto the long grass.

Well, I suppose that is where they belong.

It isn't just the Scots who feel that way about the English. We Welsh regard you in much the same light.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I would just like to point out that the English are blameless in this credit crunch thing.

Scots should pay for all the debts of any multinational company that has its headquarters in Scotland or which has a Scottish person on the board and England gets to keep all the oil and Scotland abandons its national sports teams and merges with England.

For me that is the only thing that will redeem them.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Yes.

It's the Jocks what done it. The Jocks in Northern Rock and Bradford and Bingley brought down the Britain. The Jocks in Halifax brought down the Bank of Scotland and Halifax. The Jocks in Lloyds brought down Lloyds. The Jocks in London created the housing bubble. The Jocks forced Blair to lead the Ooh Kay into war. The Jocks get 5 times the benefits of London. The Jocks is 2012 Olympics innit. Their fault. Is the Jocks wot coz the oil price. Yez we must kick them out and steal their water what done it. Bring back Thatch she wot innit show 'em.

Lloyds wanted to rescue Northern Rock but were prevented from doing so by Brown, I wonder why?

Bradford and Bingley were bought by Santander

If Scotland had been independent the fall of RBS would have bankrupted the country, let alone the liabilities of BOS

I believe that Brown deliberately mislead Lloyds as to the true scale of RBS debts in order to save Labour votes in Scotland at the expense of Lloyds shareholders.

After the next election Lloyds and RBS will have to be demerged and there should be a public inquiry into this scandal.

The English banking system was in reasonable shape, the Scottish banking system was totally bankrupt.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Course you do, you leak in hat fool.

What price all the people who work on the DVLA in Swansea, on business related to England?

When Wales becomes independent, they are all on the dole and Wales has to pay for it.

Shall we incorporate a certain economic reality into this?

I think the Welsh have a better grasp of written English than people like you. :rolleyes:

HOLA4416

You think the English have been stuffing you for hundreds of years. Maybe the English have been paying you more than your fair share for ages to maintain peace on this island, which is in the interest of the English and the Welsh and the Scots.

Elsewhere I think I have done quite a fair and really quite reasonable, how much the Scots pay and how much the Scots receive thing.

I do not have the inclination to do the same for the Welsh.

My experience of the Welsh is they are f u c k I n g psychos. No one would say the Scots can’t fight, but I have never met anyone that can fight like the Welsh, except maybe Cockneys with the wind behind them.

What am I saying?

Maybe a bit of solidarity in the face of this thing might be a good idea.

Maybe the Scottish and Welsh and Northern Irish and English should all knit together to get through this thing together and come out on the other side competent and ready to do business.

We bitch and spit at each other. Maybe that’s part of our strength.

HOLA4417

Maybe the Scottish and Welsh and Northern Irish and English should all knit together to get through this thing together and come out on the other side competent and ready to do business.

I agree.

HOLA4418

Nah, the English make up about 85-90% we would win so it doesn't matter what they think.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Lloyds wanted to rescue Northern Rock but were prevented from doing so by Brown, I wonder why?

Bradford and Bingley were bought by Santander

If Scotland had been independent the fall of RBS would have bankrupted the country, let alone the liabilities of BOS

I believe that Brown deliberately mislead Lloyds as to the true scale of RBS debts in order to save Labour votes in Scotland at the expense of Lloyds shareholders.

After the next election Lloyds and RBS will have to be demerged and there should be a public inquiry into this scandal.

The English banking system was in reasonable shape, the Scottish banking system was totally bankrupt.

Lloyds and RBS are not merged.

If Scotlland was independent, the failures would have been allowed to happen. The banks would not have been bailed out. The knock on effect would have been bad for everyone in the UK but would not have bankrupt Scotland as Scotland would not own a private multinational company and would not be liable for its debts.

The Scots are NOT trying to bring down England. There is no conspiracy. Some people at the top of Labour are Scottish. The Scots receive money via the Barnett formula and this formula is going to be changed either very soon or when the oil reserves in the North Sea are depeleted and England can free itself of its troublesome cousin.

There is no need to feel personal hatred for English, Scots or Welsh or to delight in the prospect of them being plunged into poverty.

There are some real sickos on this site. It was always the case but it used to be mixed with intelligent posts. It is a great shame.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

This thread demonstrates the brokenness of the current relationship between England and Scotland. The Westlothian question, the Barnett formula, the oil revenues, and various other issues are causing increasing tension between the two countries.

We should have a clean break. Then we can be friends, just as we are friends with other neighbours like the Irish, the Dutch, and even (on a good day) the French.

HOLA4423
There is no need to feel personal hatred for English, Scots or Welsh or to delight in the prospect of them being plunged into poverty.

There are some real sickos on this site. It was always the case but it used to be mixed with intelligent posts. It is a great shame.

There is no need to play the race card, nobody said anything about any hate towards Scots.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
I did warn what was coming on another thread.

My view is that the 3 trillion debts of RBS & BOS will be used as a bargaining counter by a future Conservative government in order to drastically cut the public sector gravy train that has fuelled Scotlands economy for the last 10 years.

Any predictions what effect this will have on house prices north of the border?

That national debt will be given to Scotland, together with the Scottish banks that begat it.

Scotland would devolve into immediate bankruptcy.

Not going to happen.