House Price Crash Forum

Peter Schiff May 09 Video

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I listen to his weekly radio broadcast. I reckon this keynote speech you've put up will just be a continuation of his mantra.

Unfortunately I cannot watch video when I jog, as it is the audio of financial analysts like Peter, Max, and others that keep my brain occupied while I put away the miles. Sad eh?

Edited by cashinmattress

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
What happened to his decoupling theory? And how come his accounts have lost 40-50% over the last year?

The guy talks a lot of sense, but his theory that only the US/UK would be affected and that other stock markets would rise has proved utterly foolish.

Decoupling will happen as economies pull from recession,not as they go into them.It was obvious with the amount of leverage hitting stop losses all markets would fall together.

Hang Seng up 50%,FTSE up 25%.Aus up 30% Aus $,£ +31%.Decoupling doesnt happen over a 6 month crash,its a long term development,and im with Schiff,its starting IMO.

HOLA447
What happened to his decoupling theory? And how come his accounts have lost 40-50% over the last year?

The guy talks a lot of sense, but his theory that only the US/UK would be affected and that other stock markets would rise has proved utterly foolish.

What about it? What do you think is happening right now? He has never claimed that it would happen overnight, in fact, he has constantly gone on about how he was not able to predict WHEN the crash would happen, but that it WOULD and IS happening.

Mr Schiff has been consistently right on a lot more issues than almost all of his contemporaries. He may be an VI in regards to the pick of stocks, but his investment advice is sound. Investing in precious metals, commodity currencies, and going for the long haul in dividend yielding stocks traded outside of the US market.

Or do you know something about the future of treasuries and gilts that the rest of us do not?

Why is it foolish to think that other nations, outside of the UK and US, will have a go at being number one?

Edited by cashinmattress

HOLA448

His strategy was always very long term. The decoupling will occur over the next 10+ yrs.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Come back here in 5 years time. If the decoupling idea hasn't played out visibly, then we can look again st Schiff's claims.

The problem these days is that everyone want quick results. I got into gold in 2000 with the full intention of waiting 10+ years. Things take time.

HOLA4411
Come back here in 5 years time. If the decoupling idea hasn't played out visibly, then we can look again st Schiff's claims.

The problem these days is that everyone want quick results. I got into gold in 2000 with the full intention of waiting 10+ years. Things take time.

question is, were they ever coupled in the first place? or was it all an illusion, like seeing animals in the clouds.

HOLA4412

hes clearly a sensible chap and his economic thought process is 100% sound, reasoned and intelligent however hes clearly not a market timer and i dont think has ever professed to be. His investment advice is relatively sound on a long term basis but would bankrupt any leveraged investor

Edited by T De Lempicka

HOLA4413
hes clearly a sensible chap and his economic thought process is 100% sound, reasoned and intelligent however hes clearly not a market timer and i dont think has ever professed to be. His investment advice is relatively sound on a long term basis but would bankrupt any leveraged investor

Yeah, Schiff's message is just too polished and compact. He provides a good service for people who have got no idea about what is happening [just the instinct that something is terribly wrong] by giving them a long term plan/exit. Schiff is pretty much transfixed by one idea, that of dollar collapse, and has both his eyes firmly on the medium/long term. I imagine the more pragmatic investor has only one eye on the long term, in order to keep one on the short/medium term. Why not take advantage of developing conditions. I reckon Schiff and other hyperinflationists will be taken competely by surprise when another round of deleveraging and crash in commodities hit.

Edited by roman holiday

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I watched it in full. Interesting stuff. I sense he talks the talk, but doesn't always walk the walk.

I did notice the only time he started to fidget was when his prediction of hyperinflation was questioned. I think he has his own doubts.

Anyway, his summary of the economic mess was simply put ie it's getting worse because Govt is making it worse.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Yeah, Schiff's message is just too polished and compact. He provides a good service for people who have got no idea about what is happening [just the instinct that something is terribly wrong] by giving them a long term plan/exit. Schiff is pretty much transfixed by one idea, that of dollar collapse, and has both his eyes firmly on the medium/long term. I imagine the more pragmatic investor has only one eye on the long term, in order to keep one on the short/medium term. Why not take advantage of developing conditions. I reckon Schiff and other hyperinflationists will be taken competely by surprise when another round of deleveraging and crash in commodities hit.

yep i see stagflation/hyperinflation as inevitable in the long run but in the near term 12-24 months i see only deflation

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Yeah, but in recent months he's been a little short on actual market analysis, with over-emphasis on Cornish Pasties and Joe Bag'o'Donuts

I watched Keiser ripping into the green shoots on his latest tv program earlier today:

pt 1/2 Max Keiser on the new on The Edge Transmission

pt 2/2 Max Keiser Interviews Marc Faber on the new on The Edge Transmission

Pretty good I thought.