House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hywel Dda

Death

I hate to introduce a downer but

I have for various reasons been ruminating on death recently and

I think this might be the crux of my procrastination on purchasing property.

My parents divorced when i was young, both then bought houses, these property's all through my youth where used as emotional barganing chips, this or that will be left to you and your sister, love me more, no love

me more and you will get this, as a child i could see right though this ******** and could not give a ******.

The two property's became three, and and all where dissloved into acrimony and scathing wider family disputes. Solicitors gained and everybody else was left with nothing materialy only resentment and stress that

turned in alcolhism and hiraeth (longing, regret for something lost) -welsh.

Looking at the bigger picture.

Buddism teaches that attachment/possesions are the cause of all suffering.

People buy houses to leave to their children, so they can have an advantage over other innocent children in the world and be one step ahead of the game.

But as Nassim Taleb says the only thing that you can predict is randomness, the only thing you can invest in the future for is the fact that it's going to go tits up. Any plans that you make are ******** because life has a

consistent habit of saying you didnt see that coming did you.

And life is short and getting shorter by the day.

The only way to defeat the petty, greedy, corrupt, naive, nwo is with compassion and try to figure why the ****** they behave the way they they do bécause it does not make them happier.

Houses are not about Money they are just where we pass our brief time with each other.

Guest absolutezero

My parents divorced when i was young, both then bought houses, these property's all through my youth where used as emotional barganing chips, this or that will be left to you and your sister, love me more, no love

me more and you will get this, as a child i could see right though this ******** and could not give a ******.

The two property's became three, and and all where dissloved into acrimony and scathing wider family disputes. Solicitors gained and everybody else was left with nothing materialy only resentment and stress that

People buy houses to leave to their children, so they can have an advantage over other innocent children in the world and be one step ahead of the game.

But as Nassim Taleb says the only thing that you can predict is randomness, the only thing you can invest in the future for is the fact that it's going to go tits up. Any plans that you make are ******** because life has a

The only way to defeat the petty, greedy, corrupt, naive, nwo is with compassion and try to figure why the ****** they behave the way they they do bécause it does not make them happier.

Houses are not about Money they are just where we pass our brief time with each other.

Well said that man.

To quote Keynes on his financial policies:

"In the long term, we're all dead."

There can be no equality - even of opportunity - whilst some people are able to avoid economic slavery because their parents, having bought their own freedom from the tyranny of Capitalist property laws (& the economic slavery this inevitably creates), whilst others are forced into 40-50 years hard labor because they inherit no property or wealth.

There can be no equality - even of opportunity - whilst some people are able to avoid economic slavery because their parents, having bought their own freedom from the tyranny of Capitalist property laws (& the economic slavery this inevitably creates), whilst others are forced into 40-50 years hard labor because they inherit no property or wealth.

You are Wolfie Smith and I claim my £5.

Every now and then, people trying to make lots of money accidentally make something wonderful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontcysyllte_Aqueduct

;)