House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barb E Dahl

Hpc May 2009 Vote

51-75%

Renting

Nobody knows how far down and how long this crash will continue for, but only an idiot would predict an upswing in the next few years...

Queue Valerius, Sibley, McTavish...

Sibley and McTavo have earned a special place in my sig :lol:

50%

Renting

2012 (Bigger drops this autumn, next year and year after major falls, 2012 will stabilise)

Hell, I'm still buying this year - fed up with landlords.

Is this drop from peak or current, higher numbers like 40% from today would mean 200K peak went to around 160K (-20%) today. Then down 40% 160k-64K = 96K bottom

Which is 52% from peak / 40% from todays price so close enough to be confusing with %.

Just sold and struggled to offload it for what I paid in 04.

About to move into a rental that is in a better area and TWICE the size of my sold house for the same price as my mortgage.

Just pleased I have my initial deposit intact, ready to sink into my next purchase in '11 or '12 when it has all calmed down.

Just need to keep the wife calm as she thinks it's starting to bottom out.....

20-25 percent, some time in 2011. Probably more importantly, I don't see them taking off again for a good while, although rises around the level of wage inflation strike me as likely. In a way, the interesting part's going to be seeing what the next man-in-the-street get rich quick scheme's going to be. I'm kinda torn between a resurgence for shares, or something focused on energy.

Thanks for voting! :P
I have assumed the further fall means from peak. As some will be tired, no doubt, of reading, for example, a 50% fall yoy followed by another 50% yoy is a total of 75% fall from the first year, because the second yoy is based on a new value (after the first year).

The Maths Police.