House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Prime Realist 8

Jobless And Living In A Truck...

looking through that guy photos shows he's not quite the same destitute type as the depression era homeless.

like he says himself, he's more like camping than really homeless.

Sure, he's got his truck, but it's not exactly a nice situation. I would define the guy as homeless. He doesn't have a house, owned or rented. Sure the weather in Florida is conducive to comfortable outdoor living, but he made his own luck by moving state once he was out on the road.

Good point on the vehicle registration, btw. That issue didn't occur to me.

Guest LongBlackKilt
I always wanted to know how to make a poop tube.

I'm just a middle-aged dirtbag but

Obvious as it might seem, don't urinate in you[r] tube

I could have given Gordie some useful advice

Sure, he's got his truck, but it's not exactly a nice situation. I would define the guy as homeless. He doesn't have a house, owned or rented. Sure the weather in Florida is conducive to comfortable outdoor living, but he made his own luck by moving state once he was out on the road.

If you read all the thread, he does have a house - or at least a self-built cabin on its own land further up North.

He's basically decided to head down to Florida for a while to bum around and prefers to sleep in his truck on a campsite than use a tent or rent a crummy apartment. Like a lot of the survivalists on the site, he seems to be more into the 'lifestyle' thing (buying lots of military gear and camping stuff, feeling smug about being 'prepared') than actually doing and surviving.

It seems like a nice way to spend part of a year in a nice part of the world though.