House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
babesagainstmachines

I Nearly Bought A House For £185k In 2007

That's all. Move to anecdotal if anyone cares.

Forget to add, Gordon Brown is the devil.

Another story to warm the heart. HPC is the new orthodoxy!

Are you buying at £110k?

Wow, thats saved you £225k over the lifetime of a mortgage. Renting is such dead money isnt it :lol:

Are you buying at £110k?

I have only just noticed it on the market this morning. I will discuss is with the other half, but our financial position has changed - I'm self employed now and she is on maternity leave. I'm thinking the cash in the bank is useful, but we would be saving a lot per month if we bought compared to our rent and crappy low interest.

Are you buying at £110k?

Surely an HPC Member would never pay the asking price - stick in an offer at £95k. Let them know that the price will only go one way over the coming months and they must cover that risk or accept £80k towards the end of the year?

Good to hear another has been saved from the insanity of the last few years.

Absolutely.

I get fed up reading comments from the likes of Krusty claiming we on HPC take some great delight in the misfortune of others. They really don't get it. In this situation for example I, like OnlyMe, am very happy to hear that the OP doesn't find himself up to his neck in McBroon's collapsing property pyramid scheme. If only a few others had opted out too ...

I nealy bought a new BMW M3 in 2005 for £35,000. same car just sold at auction 2009 for £18,500!!!

Boy that was close, didn't see that one coming ;)

Surely an HPC Member would never pay the asking price - stick in an offer at £95k. Let them know that the price will only go one way over the coming months and they must cover that risk or accept £80k towards the end of the year?

Nope..... Offer £45k tops.... Because THAT is where it's going to end up......

REMEMBER JAPAN....

Actually, as an anecdotal I think this should stay on the main page - if you're prepared to flesh out some more details (without revealing anything too specific).

In particular how you felt then and now, presumably you still want to buy at some point etc?

Someone has already pointed out the lifetime savings you've made - the question is when does it make sense, for you, to buy?

I nealy bought a new BMW M3 in 2005 for £35,000. same car just sold at auction 2009 for £18,500!!!

Boy that was close, didn't see that one coming ;)

i realise this is a joke (new M3s are not 35k) but i couldn't recommend these cars more, the old model is unsurprisingly going very cheap now, you'll prob pick up a 2002-2003 one for £10k, get the SMG semi-automatic gearbox and it'll be the best car you'll ever buy....I still never understand why people buy new cars when 2nd-hand gives such better quality...with big engines, cars will most likely do up to 200,000 miles quite happily, so will last you years yet.

Nope..... Offer £45k tops.... Because THAT is where it's going to end up......

REMEMBER JAPAN....

We are not Japan.

Their bank managers cried in shame.

They also had savings and lots of exports.

We have 'executive apartments'...

:(

I sold one in 2007 for 180k to a buy to let muppet, houses in the same road now have an asking price of 135k, so you can take a few more bobs off for a sold price, I often drive past with a smug look on my face :lol:

Naaaa....he`s not man enough to be the devil, he`s more like a Breville.

Absolutely.

I get fed up reading comments from the likes of Krusty claiming we on HPC take some great delight in the misfortune of others. They really don't get it. In this situation for example I, like OnlyMe, am very happy to hear that the OP doesn't find himself up to his neck in McBroon's collapsing property pyramid scheme. If only a few others had opted out too ...

I so agree, it is really good to hear of yet another one, who has been saved from entering the perils of all this ovepriced housing madness.

I too, was saved a packet, thanks to this site, and its many informative posters.

I sometimes wonder, if we added it all up, how much, in total, this site has saved people who called in and read the truth, instead of listening to the likes of Krusty and the BBC ramping shows?

A few million I guess?