House Price Crash Forum

Dear all

I have been posting the Tax Abuser thread for four or five years now and have hardly missed a single Friday.

During this time the site organisers have been kind enough to keep the Tax Abuser thread on the main forum. This week the policy appears to have changed and the thread has been moved off topic.

I am not one to post material where it is unwelcome. I am not leaving the site but I will not be posting any more tax abuser threads.

If anyone has any suggestions of a new home (preferably high volume) I would be interested to hear.

Many thanks for all the support.

Dog

Tax abuser of the week....sooo spring 2009....don't you know its summer now! Maybe you need to do Tax abuser of the day instead to keep it cutting edge and current. After all you are competing with the Telegraph now!!!! ;)

Seriously, you have done a valuable service. Don't stop because of one over zealous Mod...We can find out who put you off topic and check out their company expense claims! :ph34r:

You get blamed a lot for being jealous of some of those salaries, But I for one thank you for having the time and inclination to post your Tax Abuser threads each week, They are an eye opener and remind us when we sometimes forget how corrupt and how there is something fundamentally wrong with remuneration for most of these non-jobs.

This should most definitely be on the main forum, after all the one with Anthea Turner was on the main forum for months.

But thank you non the less.

+1.

Presumably you have/will have been given a reason for this.

Funny, as I was saying how balanced moderation is generally on this site on this morning.

There is a problem with the on-top / off-topic split. the boundaries are very blurred and ive been upset at a few of mine being moved.

I've actually considered starting a web site on public sector wastage etc. Feel free to PM me anyone if you owuld be interested in this project!

How is the tax abuser thread not relevant to the economy?

It is a welcome, important - and appreciated thread. Keep going dog.

Five years of taxpayer exploitation exposed! That takes some effort.

It seems a bit strange to suddenly decide it's off-topic.

The moderation is really starting to become a problem.

As already suggested, we should all just go elsewhere - restart say, UKHOUSEPRICESCRASH.COM

The policy does seem rather heavy handed at times, whilst totally lax at others.

It does seem strange that there is no method for objecting to a thread being moved, nor any (apparent) consideration on the length of time a thread has been active. Why can't we have some accountability - is it just one rogue overzealous mod that is doing the moving? Lets have a note when a topic is moved, by the mod, as to why they have moved it.

Maybe the main forum should be "House prices, the economy and politics"... that is what 99.99% of the topics are on.

I totally agree with the mods taking off a thread that is damaging to the reputation of this forum, however if a thread is even slightly relevant, then surely it should stay? the power of the second page will attract all threads that people don't want to talk about. It's not like we're really struggling to keep relevant topis on the first two or three pages.

To me, it is one of the annoying things about this forum.

The moderation is really starting to become a problem.

As already suggested, we should all just go elsewhere - restart say, UKHOUSEPRICESCRASH.COM

I think you need to be more ambitious; think worldwide maybe, perhaps global..... :P

Perhaps it was a mistake and future TAOTW threads will remain on the main forum!!!!!

If it had been a mistake the moderators would have reinstated it. The TAOTW thread takes thought and discipline. It is an important subject and is certainly worth the effort if a reasonable number of people (pro and con) can read it. If it is going to be relegated to an off topic forum I will save myself the bother or find another home for it.

I enjoy reading the thread too - it's definitely on-topic - if the MPs expenses scandal is on topic, then so are all the other TAOTW...

Thanks Dog - many of us on here appreciate the time and effort you put in.

This weekly thread was, for me, the adult equivalent of Crackerjack when I was a little nipper. It meant Friday had come around, and it is an intrinsic part of HPC, up there with Eric Pebble's liar loans and Injun's printy-printy.

Bring back TAX ABUSER OF THE WEEK! Please moderators, don't be like Gordon Brown. Admit you made a mistake and restore this great thread.

We need snout and insanity threads:

COMMISSIONING OPPORTUNITY

SAFE AND STRONG COMMUNITIES

On behalf of Oldham Partnership’s Safer and Stronger Communities Block, the Strong Communities Strategy Group is seeking a Delivery Agent to undertake the following:

LAA 13-09 Embedding Equality in Oldham

The Commissioning Specification, Expression of Interest template and Expression of Interest Assessment Criteria relating to this commission are available on the Oldham Partnership Website at:

http://www.oldhampartnership.org.uk/commis...oss_cutting.htm

Please note that potential Delivery Agents MUST submit their applications on the Expression of Interest templates provided and MUST ensure that they arrive no later than 1.00 p.m. Friday, 12 June, 2009.