House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anonguest

Another Waste Of Money Database?

I got a letter through about this the other week with an appointment time to see one of their consultants. How they selected me is anyone's guess. Completely out of the blue with no prior contact. Needless to say, straight in the bin.

You don't need to collect DNA to carry out useful medical research.

Participation includes giving permission for the researchers to access your records to track medical events in the future and to, hopefully, establish patterns between what they measure in the initial 90 minutes medical assessment and future health problems.

In other words try to get really hard data, based on a large sample size, on a variety of things that are currently thought to be health risks. Sounds very useful to me. The trick will be to get people willing to give that permission.

Up to you, but I wouldn't join.

Information is power and I don't intend to give ANYone more personal information than I absolutely have to.

I already find myself very forgetful when filling in forms - I seem to get birthdates muddled, numbers back-to-front, middle names mixed up, dates confused; I'm sure it must be because I am getting old!

Up to you, but I wouldn't join.

Information is power and I don't intend to give ANYone more personal information than I absolutely have to.

I already find myself very forgetful when filling in forms - I seem to get birthdates muddled, numbers back-to-front, middle names mixed up, dates confused; I'm sure it must be because I am getting old!

Are you a MP by any chance?