House Price Crash Forum

I am very confused by how inconsistant the moderation seems to be here lately.

Examples off topic

54% want an election

Anne Widdecombe is the peoples choice for next speaker

My contract has just been outsourced

Examples on topic

Mandelson Calls For Regulation Of The Internet - The Guardian

Mps' Expenses Scandal

Ftse Down 2% Right Now

If the forum is strictly House prices and the Economy, then why are posts on MPS expenses relevant? Why is regulation of the internet?

If MPs expenses was on topic, why is the call for an election and Anne Widdecombe for speaker off topic? Especially as the expenses and Speaker are intrinsically connected!

Edited by Johnny Storm

I think moderation of this site is pretty damned good.

A degree of moderation is required, yet there is scope to raise all sorts of issues tightly/loosely related to the current economy.

A lot of the subjects from 3/4 years ago seemed totally off-topic, now they are most definitely not, things change and so do events.

Different threads get sent to moderation for different reasons, that is why I think just looking at the titles does not give a true picture.

Just report the off topic ones and the mods usually oblige.

Its not that I object to any particular topics, only that topics that are interesting seem to be moved off topic too quickly and yet equally off topic posts that are boring seem to stay around for ever. Its weird.

The devil is in the detail. Look carefully at the exact wording. You are going to be moved off-topic if you write, for example, "Anne Widdecombe is the people's choice for next speaker and gold is my choice as a way to protect my STR fund."

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest X-QUORK

I raised a thread about a woman being repossessed last week...moved to off-topic.

As the Yanks would say, go figure.

Mods please move this piece of shit thread.

Why he does has a point without being rude.

i was replying to a thread about independant inspection of MP's expenceis and the thread vanished by the time i pressed submit so i lost what i typed.

If you don't agree with his posts don't try a boycote by getting them moved but jump in and have your say

I know what the problem is, and how to sort it. If the owners of HPC would like to pay me a chunk from their 300k/year then I will happily oblige and improve their customer satisfaction.

TFH

I raised a thread about a woman being repossessed last week...moved to off-topic.

That proves my point, thank you. It just seems really inconsistant. Almost perhaps that someone only looks occasionally and if a topic has had a lot of replies it remains regardless.

Just report the off topic ones and the mods usually oblige.

Wot like the BNP threads because suporting british jobs for britsih workers has nothing to do with wages or the economy and 1m immigrants a year has no effect on rents or house prices.

the mods here are quite good but now and then they should let people haved a say

I know what the problem is, and how to sort it. If the owners of HPC would like to pay me a chunk from their 300k/year then I will happily oblige and improve their customer satisfaction.

TFH

Well if this post wasn't going to be off-topic, it will be now.

EDIT: Because I want to, Because I want to.

Edited by Bearback Mountain

Guest X-QUORK

There you go, kicked into the long grass.

Don't ever question the Mods, it's their train set.

I think probably Ive learnt what Im gonna learn from here, and its time to find somewhere new :-)

Its just become too mainstream, too sheeple for me. Any ideas?

GEI?

Why he does has a point without being rude.

i was replying to a thread about independant inspection of MP's expenceis and the thread vanished by the time i pressed submit so i lost what i typed.

If you don't agree with his posts don't try a boycote by getting them moved but jump in and have your say

Threads are often merged (which if you are posting on the [mostly] youngest thread, it will produce an error), especially as most members can't be bothered to look on page 2,3 etc to see if it's already been discussed.

Posts and topics are never deleted. The only case where something is completely removed is where someone has requested their account to be deleted and an admin (not mod) has obliged. Topics and posts are often hidden, or moved to another area if any other mod needed to review a complaint for example.

Most off topic threads get moved when they fall off the first page, and if it's a big subject it will probably stay for a while as lots of other people will start new topics on the subject.

The best thing you can do if you disagree with something, or have a request, is to 'report' the post. This sends a message to all moderators to review - which is given the highest priority.

This forum is more open than you think. On most other forums I visit, a thread like this would get deleted asap, and the topic starter would have probably received some punishment. This hasn't been deleted, but it has moved to the appropriate forum - still for all to see.

Oh, and all moderators here are volunteers!!!

But in all seriousness was this on topic in any way?

A lot of people, including myself, don't believe in this mumbo jumbo poltergeists and the like.

Now if it was her house that had been repossessed that would have been a different matter.

But in all seriousness was this on topic in any way?

A lot of people, including myself, don't believe in this mumbo jumbo poltergeists and the like.

Now if it was her house that had been repossessed that would have been a different matter.

:lol::lol:

If your posts get moved off topic, they still exist and can be read. When your posts start being deleted then you can complain.