House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Malthus

Moral Dilemma

Just for a laugh what would you do in this situation ?

Leo Gao and Cara Young, who operated a BP petrol station in Rotorua, on the North Island, applied to one of the major banks, Westpac, for a $NZ10,000 (£3,940) overdraft. Westpac did more than grant their request: it credited their account with 1,000 times that amount. Mr Gao and Ms Young have now vanished. Police believe they may be in China, having withdrawn up to $6m before leaving New Zealand.

Don't know if i would have the bottle but good luck to them , if it's good enough for MP's and banker's to be robbing barstewards why not petrol station operators ? ;)

wow....6million....wonder how the hell they managed to get that amount of money actually out and not stopped before

Just for a laugh what would you do in this situation ?

Don't know if i would have the bottle but good luck to them , if it's good enough for MP's and banker's to be robbing barstewards why not petrol station operators ? ;)

I would probably take out the money, and donate it to some charity's (circa 1 million each), orphaned children living with HIV in the world, some to disease research, cancer, and various others, education for children in third world countries, you get the picture. I would inform the bank the bank once I had done it, and say I m going to the papers to tell them about this and this will help out alot of people, and you Westpac will get great publicity world wide for this, and people will have a softer side for westpac bank....HOWEVER, if you go the opposite way, and try and take the money back, I will start a campaign to make sure you get the worst publicity in the world. I can see the headlines now..."The Bank that Let Starving Children Starve"...and then I would urge everyone to withdraw their money if they took any further action...

I dont know if I m serious or not,haha...but I think it would be a good compromise and a good one to try...This sum of money is nothing in the banking world when we hear the numbers flying around. I think it would be a good compromise...as everyone gains something....

(1) Me, face in paper, single mums stopping you in the supermarket and in bars, good alround karma :lol:

(2) Charity's benefit from money to help people in need.

(3) Great publicity for the bank in a positive way.

In all honesty I wouldnt take the money. These things come back around, and there is no satisfaction in getting money like this. A bit like winning the lottery. I d hate to win the lottery. Good luck to the couple though, everyone makes their own choices and fair play.

Edited by VedantaTrader

I would probably take out the money, and donate it to some charity's (circa 1 million each), orphaned children living with HIV in the world, some to disease research, cancer, and various others, education for children in third world countries, you get the picture. I would inform the bank the bank once I had done it, and say I m going to the papers to tell them about this and this will help out alot of people, and you Westpac will get great publicity world wide for this, and people will have a softer side for westpac bank....HOWEVER, if you go the opposite way, and try and take the money back, I will start a campaign to make sure you get the worst publicity in the world. I can see the headlines now..."The Bank that Let Starving Children Starve"...and then I would urge everyone to withdraw their money if they took any further action...

I dont know if I m serious or not,haha...but I think it would be a good compromise and a good one to try...This sum of money is nothing in the banking world when we hear the numbers flying around. I think it would be a good compromise...as everyone gains something....

(1) Me, face in paper, single mums stopping you in the supermarket and in bars, good alround karma :lol:

(2) Charity's benefit from money to help people in need.

(3) Great publicity for the bank in a positive way.

In all honesty I wouldnt take the money. These things come back around, and there is no satisfaction in getting money like this. A bit like winning the lottery. I d hate to win the lottery. Good luck to the couple though, everyone makes their own choices and fair play.

I like your style of thinking V ;)