House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

54 % Want Snap General Election Says Populus For Itv Poll

AND THEN WHAT?

The Tories were up in arms about being asked to declare expenses Anne Widdecombe said something like:"and when your boiler breaks down how are you supposed to pay for it, perhaps we will have to ask Cameron for a loan."

I know people on this website think Tories would have been better because they would have got rid of the benefit system and health care but in all honesty what are they going to do now ?

The banks want MORE money.

The building societies want MORE money.

Joe public wants the price of his property to go up.

Hamish wants everyone who can't earn an above average wage to live in social housing or a tent.

A growing majority want all foreign people gone even if they were born here.

But what can the Tories do right now that will be significantly different to labour?

Will they listen to the BOE official who warned Darling "not to stop the housing crash"?

Will they help get people out of denial by explaining that property should never have been allowed to inflate driven by wholesale funding and BTL investors?

By explaining that property must now fall in line with incomes and the sort of lending levels we had pre crash when lenders were reliant on deposits?

I know this is about MORE than property prices, but as they are at the very heart of UK plc now being bankrupt and the UK population now paying for this for the rest of their lives, will the Tories explain that it was our HUGELY inflated property market that broke the banks and that property prices will not go back to where they were in 2007 until property has fallen 40 - 60% and gone back up only in line with inflation and wages?

AND THEN WHAT?

The Tories were up in arms about being asked to declare expenses Anne Widdecombe said something like:"and when your boiler breaks down how are you supposed to pay for it, perhaps we will have to ask Cameron for a loan."

I know people on this website think Tories would have been better because they would have got rid of the benefit system and health care but in all honesty what are they going to do now ?

The banks want MORE money.

The building societies want MORE money.

Joe public wants the price of his property to go up.

Hamish wants everyone who can't earn an above average wage to live in social housing or a tent.

A growing majority want all foreign people gone even if they were born here.

But what can the Tories do right now that will be significantly different to labour?

Will they listen to the BOE official who warned Darling "not to stop the housing crash"?

Will they help get people out of denial by explaining that property should never have been allowed to inflate driven by wholesale funding and BTL investors?

By explaining that property must now fall in line with incomes and the sort of lending levels we had pre crash when lenders were reliant on deposits?

I know this is about MORE than property prices, but as they are at the very heart of UK plc now being bankrupt and the UK population now paying for this for the rest of their lives, will the Tories explain that it was our HUGELY inflated property market that broke the banks and that property prices will not go back to where they were in 2007 until property has fallen 40 - 60% and gone back up only in line with inflation and wages?

Good post Sybil13

However, this whole thing is about property and the damage/wealth destruction that HPI has caused!

The Torys have repeatedly spoken of the requirement to save a deposit before buying a house. They've also related to the fact that our problems as a country have come from debt. I also get the idea the FSA will be in for a shock should the Torys win. Not that this means they'll start introducing strict criteria for home buying when they get in, but when faced with the choice of a party that allowed 125% 6x self cert mortgages and similar reckless lending bankrupt the country, and a party that hints they don't want to go back there, I think I'll take my chances.

Only 54%? :blink:

Im hoping that Labour get punished in he Euro elections forcing Brown to resign and that will trigger a General Election.

My worry is that after the Euro elections NuLab will oust broon and put some other tosser in charge, then they'll limp on until the very last day possible.

Things...can only get better...can only get better

YEAH RIGHT!!!

The Torys have repeatedly spoken of the requirement to save a deposit before buying a house. They've also related to the fact that our problems as a country have come from debt. I also get the idea the FSA will be in for a shock should the Torys win. Not that this means they'll start introducing strict criteria for home buying when they get in, but when faced with the choice of a party that allowed 125% 6x self cert mortgages and similar reckless lending bankrupt the country, and a party that hints they don't want to go back there, I think I'll take my chances.

Look I am not a right or left wing, OK perhaps I would prefer not to be identified with extreme right , but are we honestly being asked to believe that people would vote for the conservatives if they said :

We will in line with IPPR and FSA recomendations ensure strict regulation for mortgage lending to make sure property isn't allowed to inflate again.

We will, in line with the BOE warning, not stop the housing crash. We will ensure that property already down 21% but still 40% overvalued, is now allowed to fall in line with actual average earnings and lending levels dependent on deposits.

OF COURSE THEY WOULDN'T .

Tories will ONLY win an election because people think they can restore back them their perceived lost wealth.

Will the Tories keep printing money , try to rescue the building societies , try to give money to lenders for mortgages ?

Well will they?

Lets not forget that the Con's are as guilty as the others for fiddling exspences and will do nothing to stem the flood of immigrants coming over because they want to force wages down.

You can vote for the left hand, or the right but you still get the same person except he turns from good cop to bad cop

The country needs a change so some of the scandels of the past 30 years are exposed if nothing else so i'm voting BNP or UKIP as a vote for democracy.

Look I am not a right or left wing, OK perhaps I would prefer not to be identified with extreme right , but are we honestly being asked to believe that people would vote for the conservatives if they said :

We will in line with IPPR and FSA recomendations ensure strict regulation for mortgage lending to make sure property isn't allowed to inflate again.

We will, in line with the BOE warning, not stop the housing crash. We will ensure that property already down 21% but still 40% overvalued, is now allowed to fall in line with actual average earnings and lending levels dependent on deposits.

OF COURSE THEY WOULDN'T .

Tories will ONLY win an election because people think they can restore back them their perceived lost wealth.

Will the Tories keep printing money , try to rescue the building societies , try to give money to lenders for mortgages ?

Well will they?

Well if they have the brains to see that too much reckless lending has got us into this mess, then I'd expect they'd like to avoid the same fate and introduce measures to prevent it happening again. Otherwise they'll suffer the same fate as today's Labour party soemtime down the line. As I say, it doesn't mean they'd encourage drops in house prices, but at least restrict them getting out of control again. Labour haven't even suggested that debt is the problem yet. But as far as terms for future house loans, deposit requirements, etc, etc, we'd have to see their manifesto.

AND THEN WHAT?

good grief, did she really say that? what a moron. anne - you pay for it out of your own money like other grown ups with a huge wage do, or you get boiler breakdown cover. the mind boggles, she's losing it. edit, no probably has lost it.

Only 54%? :blink:

Im hoping that Labour get punished in he Euro elections forcing Brown to resign and that will trigger a General Election.

might well happen