House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
loginandtonic

Newsnight Host Has Crush On Blanchflower

Gavin Esler's voice went up a few octaves as he ejaculated praise all over an embarrassed MPC groupie Blanchflower.

"You were right [about interest rate cuts], mervyn king was wrong!" proclaimed Esler, spurting his love all over the big studio monitor.

"I was all for interest rate cuts and quan-tee-tate-ive easing right from the start" cooed Blanchflower back

"So interest rate cuts and QE are working to help the conomy now?" soothed Esler, pupils dilated

"Absolutely!" enthused Blanchflower, stroking his thigh

Well Gavin, if you've got to ask...

Looks like a typical disaster to me - seems to be going well then caboom. Hope I'm wrong, inflation aint no joke.

Gavin Esler's voice went up a few octaves as he ejaculated praise all over an embarrassed MPC groupie Blanchflower.

"You were right [about interest rate cuts], mervyn king was wrong!" proclaimed Esler, spurting his love all over the big studio monitor.

"I was all for interest rate cuts and quan-tee-tate-ive easing right from the start" cooed Blanchflower back

"So interest rate cuts and QE are working to help the conomy now?" soothed Esler, pupils dilated

"Absolutely!" enthused Blanchflower, stroking his thigh

Well Gavin, if you've got to ask...

Looks like a typical disaster to me - seems to be going well then caboom. Hope I'm wrong, inflation aint no joke.

I hope I understand you correctly here. I'm putting faith in your view that this interview completely passed the litmus test of conventional wisdom and confirms the BBC's position on interest rates: ie. that somehow putting them down solves anything. And I'm also assuming that you therefore think, as I do, that far from putting them down, the BOE should have put them up to at least 8% or more when it realised the British economy was beginning to be based entirely upon property speculation as a substitute for real wealth creation.

Am I right so far?

I hope I understand you correctly here. I'm putting faith in your view that this interview completely passed the litmus test of conventional wisdom and confirms the BBC's position on interest rates: ie. that somehow putting them down solves anything. And I'm also assuming that you therefore think, as I do, that far from putting them down, the BOE should have put them up to at least 8% or more when it realised the British economy was beginning to be based entirely upon property speculation as a substitute for real wealth creation.

Am I right so far?

u r right sir, beautifully articulated if i may say so

I've tried to think of any sane reason for having this person on the MPC at all. A history of continually voting for lower rates right through the building of the bubble, despite the obvious massive speculation and fraud that was taking place.

There is only one conclusion I can come to. He was drafted in in as a direct conduit to co-ordinate support for the FED's desperate low rate gamble Via organised cutting of rates in another major currency the heat would be taken off the US actions that in isolation would have led to rapid currency debasement.

The way to tell he was shit, was that when everybody voted for a 0.25% cut (this is a majority so it would go through)

he voted 0.5% just to make a point. What an utter

utter utter utter c&@k ?

I've tried to think of any sane reason for having this person on the MPC at all. A history of continually voting for lower rates right through the building of the bubble, despite the obvious massive speculation and fraud that was taking place.

There is only one conclusion I can come to.

My conclusion is he's a c&@k, but you could be right. Is he the one whose wife went gay? Not surprised.

Guest sillybear2

Yes, the best way to help young people is to tie a massive student and public debt millstone around their neck, what a nice gesture.

Typical lazy blinkered BBC journalism.

You what?

probably means lots of noughts* on the end of things like Zim - eg punnet of strawberries 2000 zimpounds (ZP) soon if they carry on with this farce of QE gilt buy ups 'oh i'm not buying govt debt nudge wink cough' type of printy printy shenanigan

* ie you will feel rich with 50000 ZP in your pocket (enough for a twin pack of cadburys fingers)

Edited by loginandtonic

You what?

I didn't think he was being serious. Maybe he was? :blink:

I think we should use leaves as currency, then we'd all be rich.

I've got 2 big trees in my front garden so I'd be a F*cking millionaire!

(And no, I'm not being serious, although he may have been)

:blink:

Edited by Game_Over

Sarcasm doesn't work online, sorry folks. Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Phew! :lol:

Sarcasm works better with a :rolleyes:

Sarcasm doesn't work online, sorry folks. Yes, I was being sarcastic.

I thought it was obvious and I'd hate for sarcasm - which is not the lowest form of wit, by a long way - to have to be prefaced or suffixed with a "sarcasm smiley".

Long live ambiguous sarcasm!

Alas, Blanchflower is a modern day genius who found himself in the wrong career. All along, he wanted to be a film director. He practised this at every meeting of the MPC, where he would produce his clapper board at the start beginning and shout "Action!".

It's not his fault that the rest of the MPC mistook his direction to end the meetings as his policy vote.

Alas, Blanchflower is a modern day genius who found himself in the wrong career. All along, he wanted to be a film director. He practised this at every meeting of the MPC, where he would produce his clapper board at the start beginning and shout "Action!".

It's not his fault that the rest of the MPC mistook his direction to end the meetings as his policy vote.

I bet it pisses off one or two of the incumbents in the MPC, making himself out to be a sage when in every step of his voting pattern he wanted to grow the bubble more and more even whilst at its most extreme. Just think. How big would the blow up have been if basically every bank decided what the hell and started behaving like Northern Shithouse et al.

Yet now he's painting himself as a talented economist, better than the rest. It will probably wash as well with the likes of the beep and some of the public.

I bet it pisses off one or two of the incumbents in the MPC, making himself out to be a sage when in every step of his voting pattern he wanted to grow the bubble more and more even whilst at its most extreme. Just think. How big would the blow up have been if basically every bank decided what the hell and started behaving like Northern Shithouse et al.

Yet now he's painting himself as a talented economist, better than the rest. It will probably wash as well with the likes of the beep and some of the public.

he is a talented economist....only a lesser mortal would fail to see that the continuous inflating of a market clearly eliminates boom and bust, as there will be boom....forever.

simples.

That tw@t Blanchflower was voting for cuts when the economy was still growing.

What should have happened is rates should have been MUCH higher between 2001-2007 - this would have slowed growth and prevented such fall out as we are seeing now!

It is official, in my opinion ;), David Blanchflower is a tw@t, and not one his Lesbian Ex-wife wants to lick!