House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Vote Labour!

What!? Wake up in the morning and find that your throat has been cut just because you took their recycling bin by mistake? I think I'll give that a miss.....

Guest anorthosite

Get a Gurkha for a neighbour and you'll never have to worry about the local chavs again!

Will there be Ghurka Lhurkas on the board?

What religon are they?

Could have Ghurka Lhurka`s in Burkas.

Coat on.....

Get a Gurkha for a neighbour and you'll never have to worry about the local chavs again!

I think every street should have a Gurkha on it - crime and anti social behaviour would be wiped out within days!

I think every street should have a Gurkha on it - crime and anti social behaviour would be wiped out within days!

Sadly not - in fact their presence will cause a rise in crime and asbo behaviour, because:

1. Most of the 15,000 who might come will be very, very old and sick, well past working age. Struggling local authorities will do what they do with all dependent migrants and house them in sink estates (while placing those in need of 24/7 care directly into the NHS or social care system, at our expense);

2. The elderly frail Ghurkhas will instantly present an irresistable target for asbo hoodie bullies to claim glory for bashing one, and to be robbed of their pensions and medals for drugs money.

Poor old swines would be much better off continuing to live like kings on their fat army pensions in the clean air of the Nepalese hills, having their backs rubbed down all day by young women, for peanuts. Certainly, those who come and end up being robbed and victimised in UK chav estates will bitterly regret it. Lumley's a lemon

I trust you wont be voting for a mainstream party who have helped create these circumstances you speak of.

Do you allege that Lab/Lib/Con politicians placed cheap masseuse girls in the Nepalese hills?

Anyone thinking of reversing the flow? Emigrating to start a B&B, or English Bar in Nepal? Clean air, plenty of climbing, low crime levels...

Anyone?

Anyone thinking of reversing the flow? Emigrating to start a B&B, or English Bar in Nepal? Clean air, plenty of climbing, low crime levels...

Anyone?

Great idea but their immigration policy would never allow feckless idle Brits* into Nepal to muck it all up (oh the irony!), I would guess, unless palms were greased as the dope addicted backpackers of Katmandhu manage to do to prolong their visas.

* not even old British soldiers who fought alongside the brave sons of Nepal

The Mash has the last word...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society...s-200905211778/

"Now that we've established that, let me be the first to say that Britain is a crumbling, high-tax nightmare filled with fat, lazy cretins who wouldn't know culture if it vomitted all over them at 11.30 on a Friday night after eight pints of that piss water you call beer."

In the wake of the victory, Gurkha chieftan Joanna Lumley was briefly the most popular woman in British history before ruining it all by saying something nice about Gordon Brown.

Sadly not - in fact their presence will cause a rise in crime and asbo behaviour, because:

1. Most of the 15,000 who might come will be very, very old and sick, well past working age. Struggling local authorities will do what they do with all dependent migrants and house them in sink estates (while placing those in need of 24/7 care directly into the NHS or social care system, at our expense);

2. The elderly frail Ghurkhas will instantly present an irresistable target for asbo hoodie bullies to claim glory for bashing one, and to be robbed of their pensions and medals for drugs money.

Poor old swines would be much better off continuing to live like kings on their fat army pensions in the clean air of the Nepalese hills, having their backs rubbed down all day by young women, for peanuts. Certainly, those who come and end up being robbed and victimised in UK chav estates will bitterly regret it. Lumley's a lemon

And Rantzen's a Ratbag.

And Rantzen's a Ratbag.

Our Esther is guilty in my eyes of promoting/advertising one of those vile ambulance chasing, sue the ar5e off anyone we can companies. One of about 500 we now have in the UK.

http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/esther_tv_advert/

I appreciate there are good reasons that these services are available to the public but it has so Americanised us I hate them.

Guest X-QUORK
Another embarrassing u-turn day for Tacky Jacqui and Gordon.

Would you have a problem with having a Gurkha as a neighbour?

I don't think Labout actually used that as a reason to deny them.

According to my old man, when he worked with German prisoners of war during WW2 he was told by one former Afrika Corps member that on one occasion, owing to the presence of Ghurkhas they did a deal with the Italian forces in the area. The deal was the Gemans would allow the Italians to get a good nights sleeps while the Germans kept guard, the Germans would sleep during the day. The Italians were quite happy with this arrangement.

This worked well until one morning when the Italians stayed in bed even later than usual......all were found with their throats cut, the Germans never heard a thing.

How did he know it was Ghurkhas? According to the POW, Ghurkhas have a signature method.

QUOTE (ralphmalph @ May 21 2009, 06:01 PM) *

Nepal is mainly Buddist.

Nope - they are predominantly Hindu

almost totally Hindu cept for a few Tibetan refugees

Ghurkhas most certainly are