House Price Crash Forum

Mp's Expense Poll

flatnose

HOLA441
Most public servants don't influence the way the country is governed , MP's do, that's why is isn't just a typical 'padded' expense account. The sums involved are also truly taking the p!$$.

yes, but expenses have been public for years.

All im saying is this is a smoke screen.

Anyone can pick holes in an expenses list, especially dating back to 2002 or whenever. Its irrelevent. They have not been claiming for millions on totally unrelated items, they have not been trafficing drugs and putting it on expenses, they dont have call girls on expenses, arms deals on expenses, corrupt police on expenses. Its stupid. £200 for cleaning a moat? Wow, sounds like job stimulation to me, and at least 1 highly skilled moat cleaner happy. I bet that moat cleaner now has a moat of his own now after that cash injection of £200.

Its a joke.

Brown is busy raping a 12 year old on the front benches and all people care about is a few mps thowing 50p's at a 30 year old pole dancer (fully clothed) on the back benches.

duh

HOLA442

I am cross because these people think they are a law unto themselves, they have been getting away with this for so long and think it is a perk of the job...they think they are rather special, and try to make the most out of their " right honorable position" for as long as can.

Some of the MPs are only in it for what they can make out of it....this is not helpful, and when honest working people are feeling the pinch, they will no longer put up with the greed and theft of our public funds, especially when they are having to borrow it to pay it. :ph34r:

HOLA443

The government is quickly jumping down our throats, for instance if we make a slight, honest mistake on tax returns, et al in all of that time, they have been gorging on the public purse, thats why I'm angry. They have no idea about what its like to live in the real world & how many have had to struggle through life like the rest of us..

HOLA444
Can I be pedantic for a bit, the poll says "MP Expenses poll: How annoyed has this made you"

I was going to say I was not annoyed by this poll at all,, but then I realised I am commenting on it therefore it must have made me rather cross because of its ambiguous wording!!!

There is always one......! :P

HOLA445
yes, but expenses have been public for years.

All im saying is this is a smoke screen.

Anyone can pick holes in an expenses list, especially dating back to 2002 or whenever. Its irrelevent. They have not been claiming for millions on totally unrelated items, they have not been trafficing drugs and putting it on expenses, they dont have call girls on expenses, arms deals on expenses, corrupt police on expenses. Its stupid. £200 for cleaning a moat? Wow, sounds like job stimulation to me, and at least 1 highly skilled moat cleaner happy. I bet that moat cleaner now has a moat of his own now after that cash injection of £200.

Its a joke.

Brown is busy raping a 12 year old on the front benches and all people care about is a few mps thowing 50p's at a 30 year old pole dancer (fully clothed) on the back benches.

duh

At one time they didn't have to submit receipts for claims less than £250.00, so they quite likely did put drugs and hookers through on expenses.

HOLA446

“Ask any court , there's theft and then there's theft whilst in a position of trust,the latter carries a much stiffer sentence !!”

Absolutely.

A breach of trust is considered very seriously by the Courts and makes a custodial sentence highly likely.

A bit like perjury.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind too much paying for their drugs and hookers. I aspire to being not excessively judgemental in the face of human frailty.

But I do draw the line at floating duck islands.

Archived