House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest worthless_site

Omg What Has She Done ?

Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA

First the G8 leaders now Joanna Lumley sings Browns praises and not just singing them,literally heralding him as a saint.

Now we've all heard of cash for questions and bribes to change laws but what about heaping public praise in return for policy changes.

I was right behind her with the gurkhas and now shes got what she wanted she delivered the most puke making speech youve ever heard with a special mention to Brown who is brave and an unbelievably good leader.

It reminded me of a manager I once had who brought members of staff into a training course to tell us how good he was.It was funny and so so sad all at the same time.

Stoooopid bitch must get the hero to zero award 2009 for this.

First the G8 leaders now Joanna Lumley sings Browns praises and not just singing them,literally heralding him as a saint.

Now we've all heard of cash for questions and bribes to change laws but what about heaping public praise in return for policy changes.

I was right behind her with the gurkhas and now shes got what she wanted she delivered the most puke making speech youve ever heard with a special mention to Brown who is brave and an unbelievably good leader.

It reminded me of a manager I once had who brought members of staff into a training course to tell us how good he was.It was funny and so so sad all at the same time.

Yup. Have to agree.

Has she taken one on the chin from him for the Gurkhas?

One up the glitter more like it.

Guest anorthosite
One up the glitter more like it.

That euphamism is even darker and sinister than when we first started using it :o

Omg What Has She Done ?

She acted! That's what she does! Did you think that she was serious about the Ghurkas? Were you fooled by that pathetic performance about the paid killers from Nepal that her father happened to have a connection with? We all know that the Ghurkas will fight for any country in the world - at the right price. Let's not forget that most of these Nepalese mercenaries don't fight for the UK - they fight for India or Singapore. (Apart, perhaps, for those who fight for their own country.)

It was always a con. Just because a group of mercenaries will fight for us, while we pay the right price, it doesn't mean that they are 'loyal' in any way. They're just like all mercenaries over the centuries - paid killers.

Now, we're going to let 30,000 of them settle in the UK, plus wives, plus children, plus widowed mothers etc. etc.

All because of a good actress!

You've been conned!

Edit: At least previous governments - Tory and Liberal - have treated these people correctly i.e. as mercenaries.

Guest theboltonfury
She acted! That's what she does! Did you think that she was serious about the Ghurkas? Were you fooled by that pathetic performance about the paid killers from Nepal that her father happened to have a connection with? We all know that the Ghurkas will fight for any country in the world - at the right price. Let's not forget that most of these Nepalese mercenaries don't fight for the UK - they fight for India or Singapore. (Apart, perhaps, for those who fight for their own country.)

It was always a con. Just because a group of mercenaries will fight for us, while we pay the right price, it doesn't mean that they are 'loyal' in any way. They're just like all mercenaries over the centuries - paid killers.

Now, we're going to let 30,000 of them settle in the UK, plus wives, plus children, plus widowed mothers etc. etc.

You've been conned!

pipe down

You've been conned!

A very cynical veiw I must say.

Whats in it for her if she wasn't being genuine ?

Rather have 30000 of them here, at least their pro British, than 10 who wont learn the language,insist on imposing their culture on us and have no intention of working ( apart from illegally) ever !

Don't you mean the "Gary" ?

Yes I did , it was incorrect use of ryhming slang, I do apologise.

You've been conned!

Drivel! Have you ever met a serving/retired Ghurka trooper? I doubt it. Funniest guys I've ever met when they're off duty, most focused regiment I've seen on duty. Oh, and a moral code that, judging by your post, you are sadly lacking!

Whats in it for her if she wasn't being genuine ?

Self satisfaction? Publicity? Publicity? Publicity? When you get to her age and decrepitude, you need all the publicity you need.

David Cameron's Conservatives, if in power, wouldn't have fallen for this great con. They would have done what Tories have always done with the Ghurka mercenaries - kept them at arms length and sent them packing once their paid work was done! Tories know how to treat these people.

Drivel! Have you ever met a serving/retired Ghurka trooper? I doubt it. Funniest guys I've ever met when they're off duty, ...

Then treat them like foreign comedians!

Self satisfaction? Publicity? Publicity? Publicity? When you get to her age and decrepitude, you need all the publicity you need.

David Cameron's Conservatives, if in power, wouldn't have fallen for this great con. They would have done what Tories have always done with the Ghurka mercenaries - kept them at arms length and sent them packing once their paid work was done! Tories know how to treat these people.

Get back under your bridge, you horned freak.

Then treat them like foreign comedians!

Wouldn't dare mate, now that I don't have a rank to hide behind! Don't worry your soft little head about it, these guys have a pride in themselves that you can only dream of, and will be working to support their family rather than claim any benefits.

Not me. Try the BNP

I'd say she's being very politically savvy. By loudly announcing how much she trusts Brown will do the right thing for her cause, she is cementing the link between him and the outcome and making it much harder for him to wriggle out of it. She gets to appear nicer than nice while simultaneously wielding a big stick to hit Brown with if it all falls through.

I don't see what bad-mouthing him would achieve for her.

davidbrent.jpg

Gordon Brown is a bigger badder version of David Brent.

see also; "council gritter"

Never heard anyone say ' take it up the council ' apart from a bloke who I asked where do I take my old settee. But I thought he meant council tip and wasn't enquiring whether I took it up the gary.

I'd say she's being very politically savvy. By loudly announcing how much she trusts Brown will do the right thing for her cause, she is cementing the link between him and the outcome and making it much harder for him to wriggle out of it. She gets to appear nicer than nice while simultaneously wielding a big stick to hit Brown with if it all falls through.

Precisely. Joanna knows how to deal with people.

Nor do I.

But she didn't need to say much about him at all thats the point.

If it all goes back to whatever shape it was before it went pear-shaped, I reckon Brown will be off the hook. But he's still firmly on the hook at the moment.

Knobster.

Oh, and to the main point of the thread; she praised up Brown because her tactic throughout was to give people large incentives for obeying her rather than shouting them down for opposing. She is a political genius.