House Price Crash Forum

S+p Downgrade The Uk

HOLA441
What a load of rubbish.

Eurozone property booms - Denmark, the whole of Eastern Europe (most not in national currency), Spain, Ireland, Netherlands. The only contries that did not are Germany and Italy. France did not have boom but definately had HPI well above historical averages.

So no German has 2 cars, a plasma TV and never goes on Holiday.

I think you will find that Germans have 6 weeks holiday a year as standard and a lot spend it in Spain (where a lot own homes, obviously no exposure to the Spanish property bubble there).

Do a check the UK debt is high but there debt in every euorzone country has been growing steadily over the past 10 years including Germany and France.

The reason they do not lose thier homes is because of the social security payments are high. In Germany you get 2 years at 80% of last salary. With a deal like that I would have 6 weeks holiday a year abroad.

yes, but they haven't got the debt per capita ratio's of a UK person.

That's the main difference you see.

& see you will.

euro land is not obsessed with buying/owning property & therefore don't carry the debt levels that UKers do.

They don't own 2 new motors & holiday abroad 3 times a year. No flash conservatories, no large extensions & definetly not the ipod/mobile/plasma culture.

so when they lose their job, they won't lose their home anywhere near the same ratio.

see bolded bit's.

How many brit's & americans have bought property in Euroland. I can't remember speaking to anyone that HASN'T mewed to buy property abroad.

either please read my posts c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y or the crayon's are coming out.....

don't let emotion get in the way of the actual words. :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
What a load of rubbish.

Eurozone property booms - Denmark, the whole of Eastern Europe (most not in national currency), Spain, Ireland, Netherlands. The only contries that did not are Germany and Italy. France did not have boom but definately had HPI well above historical averages.

So no German has 2 cars, a plasma TV and never goes on Holiday.

I think you will find that Germans have 6 weeks holiday a year as standard and a lot spend it in Spain (where a lot own homes, obviously no exposure to the Spanish property bubble there).

Do a check the UK debt is high but there debt in every euorzone country has been growing steadily over the past 10 years including Germany and France.

The reason they do not lose thier homes is because of the social security payments are high. In Germany you get 2 years at 80% of last salary. With a deal like that I would have 6 weeks holiday a year abroad.

also, fwiw, most german's rent. ;)

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Here is your first one from the LSE.

http://www.lse.co.uk/MacroEconomicNews.asp..._households-ecb

Eurozone Household debt burden jumps.

Not as high as ours I agree, but your previous statements that euro houselholds do not do debt is rubbish.

yes, but they haven't got the debt per capita ratio's of a UK person.

That's the main difference you see.

& see you will.

euro land is not obsessed with buying/owning property & therefore don't carry the debt levels that UKers do.

They don't own 2 new motors & holiday abroad 3 times a year. No flash conservatories, no large extensions & definetly not the ipod/mobile/plasma culture.

so when they lose their job, they won't lose their home anywhere near the same ratio.

Going Around In Circles

*in a vicious circle

Fig. in a situation in which the solution of one problem leads to a second problem, and the solution of the second problem brings back the first problem, etc.

;)

HOLA448
Here is your first one from the LSE.

http://www.lse.co.uk/MacroEconomicNews.asp..._households-ecb

Eurozone Household debt burden jumps.

Not as high as ours I agree, but your previous statements that euro houselholds do not do debt is rubbish.

where did I say that ? link please

I am going to assume that you are a reasonably high level manager in charge of a team of people. :D

HOLA449
HOLA4410
either please read my posts c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y or the crayon's are coming out.....

At this rate, someone's going to have to tell you where to stick your crayons GOM :P

We know you are a tight old g1t, but do get out more.

Get out of the country I mean: travel through Europe and get a feel for what things are REALLY like.

You love to ridicule UK statistics - but at the same time assume that everything you read on the internet about the Eurozone is actually true.

IT IS NOT.

Things are dire. If you can't afford to travel, ask your friends abroad.

If you have any.

Which somehow I doubt :lol:

Edited by VoteWithYourFeet

HOLA4411
What a load of rubbish.

So Denmark and whole of Eastern Europe have joined the Euro.

When did that happen?

HOLA4412
At this rate, someone's going to have to tell you where to stick your crayons GOM :P

We know you are a tight old g1t, but do get out more.

Get out of the country I mean: travel through Europe and get a feel for what things are REALLY like.

You love to ridicule UK statistics - but at the same time assume that everything you read on the internet about the Eurozone is actually true.

IT IS NOT.

Things are dire. If you can't afford to travel, ask your friends abroad.

If you have any.

Which somehow I doubt :lol:

sounds like you're getting angry. That normally occurs when someone has realised that they are wrong but can't admit it. ;)

Although I am not as well travelled as some on here, this is my 42 year old history so far (ish):

I lived in France for a year with my family.

I have also lived in London (twice), Bournemouth (twice) Middlesborough & Wakefield.

In my IT career I have worked in Germany & throughtout the UK

Before going into IT I worked in the pub game in London

ran a truck rental depot in Middlesborough

worked in Debenhams in Bournemouth

worked on a few building sites as a labourer

I have been a driver & a shelf stacker

I have even been a bingo caller (I kid you not)

You are right about friends though. I have very few, although I have a lot of aquaitences. :)

& this is why I think I get it. The big picture. I have worked at nearly all levels, apart from the very high management ones. I have had a number of jobs/careers & have lived in several areas & France.

Edited by grumpy-old-man-returns

HOLA4413
sounds like you're getting angry. That normally occurs when someone has realised that they are wrong but can't admit it. ;)

Although I am not as well travelled as some on here, this is my 42 year old history so far (ish):

I have also lived in London (twice), Bournemouth (twice) Middlesborough & Wakefield.

You are right about friends though. I have very few, although I have a lot of aquaitences. :)

& this is why I think I get it. The big picture. I have worked at nearly all levels, apart from the very high management ones. I have had a number of jobs/careers & have lived in several areas & France.

I'm not getting angry, and I KNOW I'm right (although I'm sure you feel the same ;) )

I hope you enjoyed your time in France, I'm sure it broadened your views immensely and made you more open minded - however what we are discussing is the situation in the Eurozone NOW.

I travel through the Eurozone on a regular basis. On top of that, I have many friends scattered in Europe.

I take my views based on my own personal experience, as well as their accounts.

Forget JCT's rethoric and official EZ stats: it's all smoke and mirrors - averaged across 16 countries.

The Euro is overvalued, and something gotta give.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

It's no wonder you went grey.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

So you've worked in a bunch of low to mid level jobs in several locations and that makes you think you have a special insight into the global economy?

Enforces the reasoning behind me dismissing your relentless doom laden drivel posts quite some time ago.

You and vicmac (The FTSE will be under 1000 mark my words....) are hilarious.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
So you've worked in a bunch of low to mid level jobs in several locations and that makes you think you have a special insight into the global economy?

Enforces the reasoning behind me dismissing your relentless doom laden drivel posts quite some time ago.

You and vicmac (The FTSE will be under 1000 mark my words....) are hilarious.

Q1 2007. ;)B)

Banks going down

currency crisis

QE

DEPRESSION. ;):ph34r:

this is some of what I have learnt by asking questions & reading a lot. I actually think I have spent more time looking into this current historic situation than someone studying for a Phd.

It's been hard & I haven't understood all of it straight away BUT I do understand the vast majority now (or what I need to anyway).

What have you learnt in 3 years ? :)

Edited by grumpy-old-man-returns

HOLA4424
HOLA4425