House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
STRLondon

Ftse Down 2% Right Now

I am pretty nervous right now, DOW futures arent even pointing that low right now. If the DOW shot down this afternoon we would see a big big loss today in the stockmarkets, perhaps the biggest for several months.

Keep an eye on it.

:lol::blink:

Yeah I own shares in the FTSE... (brackets are current price)

AI. @ 177p (182.3p)

AFR @ 16.75p (44.3p)

BA. @ 330p (365.0p)

BLT @ 1300p (1411p)

BP @ 440p (499p)

BT @ 104p (87p)

CLLN @ 225p (271p)

CFM @ 4p (11.8p)

MWA @ 6p (5.5p)

NWR @ 260p (311.5p)

RDSB @ 1400p (1626p)

XTA @ 290p (641p)

GSK @ 1050p (1051p)

I have the fortune to have a buffer before suffering capital losses, but it will sting if it drops down again because you get used to unrealised profits, perhaps a bit like people did in 2007 with their houses.

When you own shares, you think other shares will go down and yours wont, its weird. I guess thats what happens when you become a VI, your vision becomes tainted.

I keep my money where it is, no because of economic fundementals, but because of Ponzieconomics. Get your money in first and hope other people will pay more than you did.

Its as simple as that really.

Edited by STRLondon

Yeah I own the following shares... (brackets are current price)

AI. @ 177p (182.3p)

AFR @ 16.75p (44.3p)

BA. @ 330p (365.0p)

BLT @ 1300p (1411p)

BP @ 440p (499p)

BT @ 104p (87p)

CLLN @ 225p (271p)

CFM @ 4p (11.8p)

MWA @ 6p (5.5p)

NWR @ 260p (311.5p)

RDSB @ 1400p (1626p)

XTA @ 290p (641p)

GSK @ 1050p (1051p)

When you own shares, you think other shares will go down and yours wont, its weird. I guess thats what happens when you become a VI, your vision becomes tainted.

Lol like houses then?

I am the world's most neurotic safe-player, the very thought I could lose money on any endeavour (except beer and women) paralyses me. I doubt I would get to cashing out before I literally cashed out!

Yeah I own shares in the FTSE... (brackets are current price)

AI. @ 177p (182.3p)

AFR @ 16.75p (44.3p)

BA. @ 330p (365.0p)

BLT @ 1300p (1411p)

BP @ 440p (499p)

BT @ 104p (87p)

CLLN @ 225p (271p)

CFM @ 4p (11.8p)

MWA @ 6p (5.5p)

NWR @ 260p (311.5p)

RDSB @ 1400p (1626p)

XTA @ 290p (641p)

GSK @ 1050p (1051p)

I have the fortune to have a buffer before suffering capital losses, but it will sting if it drops down again because you get used to unrealised profits, perhaps a bit like people did in 2007 with their houses.

I keep my money where it is, no because of economic fundementals, but because of Ponzieconomics. Get your money in first and hope other people will pay more than you did.

I love your post straight to the point!

fair play to you -

Oddly enough, I stayed up till 3 this morning googling news items on the DOW, S&P, FTSE and the NASDAQ.

The overwhelming majority of articles were saying that this was a huge bear rally and that a collapse in prices was due any day now. Some said that the rally might go on until the Autumn but that a collapse was inevitable. Yes, there were bull articles but they were apparently outnumbered by the bear ones.

Dash for trash apparently - a few articles went into rocket science reasoning why certain banks, big funds and perhaps even governments had been hoovering up shares whilst simultaneously shorting them. They know that when they stop buying shares themselves the prices will fall and they will make more money from their short positions. All they are waiting for is to see how much money they can sucker in.

Worringly, several articles commented that 30 or even 50 percent falls in the DOW may well result from this rally.

Btw, anyone had a look at Palm - 1.42 in Dec and this week about 15 bucks. About 900% increase in 6 months.

I bought vodaphone after they released the results on Monday. I had been looking at technical analysis and trying to learn how to trade in that way.

I bought it at 128.5p thinking it would break out upwards, then when it sold off I got rid of it 10 minutes later at 127p. It dropped to 125p and started coming back so I thought I would try again and bought it again at 127p. It then started to sell off agreesively and so I sold it at 121p. Its since dropped as low at 115p.

Technical Analysis imo is rubbish lol. On fundementals I would have thought it was a good share at 128p, but as I say, I was trying to trade it from this technical's standpoint, which to me does seem a bit barmy, but seems very popular.

Btw, anyone had a look at Palm - 1.42 in Dec and this week about 15 bucks. About 900% increase in 6 months.

wow - thats a lot of dosh

wow - thats a lot of dosh

They have a new phone out next week - dependent upon sales the shares could soar or collapse. There is a new Apple iPhone out in August and I suspect the Palmies have gone over to Apple.

Would have been nice to buy some Palm back in December though.

Dash for trash apparently - a few articles went into rocket science reasoning why certain banks, big funds and perhaps even governments had been hoovering up shares whilst simultaneously shorting them. They know that when they stop buying shares themselves the prices will fall and they will make more money from their short positions. All they are waiting for is to see how much money they can sucker in.

I think the western world has invested its future in the big western corperations, many of which are now loss making. If these businesses go down, then there is absolutely no way to pay out all the liabilities the western world has, such as pensions.

Instead of default, we are more likely to see inflation and another bubble in something, its the only way the global economy knows how to function and its the only way to cover up the fact governments use your tax to pay for someone elses benefits, someone elses pension, someone elses mistakes.

Eventually when we run out of suckers the system collapses. Unfortunately, we will only realise this when it is too late and nothing will be able to be done to change the fact.

Well the commercial real estate loss announced by somebody this morning was shocking, didn't they lose 2/3s of their value? That's like my flat going from 113 to 37K OMG!

I'm undecided if this is a good buying or selling opportunity for stocks. I've sold most of my holdings to lock in the profits. It looks like there has been some big institutional selling of FTSE100 stocks though, M&S and Sainsburys look oversold (but they could go more oversold!) Hopefully this crazy rally will end and stock picking will become more important again.

It looks like there has been some big institutional selling of FTSE100 stocks though, M&S and Sainsburys look oversold (but they could go more oversold!) Hopefully this crazy rally will end and stock picking will become more important again.

You mean being the cause of today's falls?