House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patfig

Blears Lives To Fight Another Day

Truely breathtaking double standards and hypocracy.

Not unexpected from NuLabour though. Seems to be the way they do things. We really need to get shot of this party, now.

Truely breathtaking double standards and hypocracy.

Not unexpected from NuLabour though. Seems to be the way they do things. We really need to get shot of this party, now.

Maybe they are having a competiton ( Nu labour ) to see how low they can go, they are doing an exceptional job.

I don't see why Brown doesn't give her the boot.

What is funny is that he clearly does not want her and keeps on saying her conduct is 'unacceptable', but the silly bint doesn't get the hint and fall on her sword. She is totally undermined but is too stupid to realise the inevitable.

The little Crankie just chirps on about how 'great' she is and Brown is, and thinks everyone believes her.

Not really, they've formed a disciplinary committee now. Brown will give her the boot, this is just choreography.

Gorbals Mick gone, wait a bit, Hazel publicly axed, can we all move on now?

To be fair the Telegraph spotted what he was up to ages ago and wrote an article about it.

Did you hear Harman today? Attempting to convince us the issue is over now that the Speaker has resigned.

Oh no it isn't.

Meanwhile, a Tory who spent over a thousand pounds on a pond accessories has been ordered by a "furious" Cameron to retire at the next election, take his 40k leaving payment and collect his pension. If you or I were caught with our hands in the cookie jar I very much doubt the judgement against us would be that we had to leave at the end of our contracts and not reapply.

That'll show 'em Dave. If they meant it, the guy would go right now and they'd risk losing the seat in a by-election.

Honestly Patfig, don't give ANY of them any credit over this. They are sorry they got caught.

They were not sorry about anything before you and I had proof of what they up to.

I find the attempt to twist this as a Tory coup laughable. And if you'll excuse me, I have a moat to clean.

Not really, they've formed a disciplinary committee now. Brown will give her the boot, this is just choreography.

To be fair the Telegraph spotted what he was up to ages ago and wrote an article about it.

Did you hear Harman today? Attempting to convince us the issue is over now that the Speaker has resigned.

Oh no it isn't.

Meanwhile, a Tory who spent over a thousand pounds on a pond accessories has been ordered by a "furious" Cameron to retire at the next election, take his 40k leaving payment and collect his pension. If you or I were caught with our hands in the cookie jar I very much doubt the judgement against us would be that we had to leave at the end of our contracts and not reapply.

That'll show 'em Dave. If they meant it, the guy would go right now and they'd risk losing the seat in a by-election.

Honestly Patfig, don't give ANY of them any credit over this. They are sorry they got caught.

They were not sorry about anything before you and I had proof of what they up to.

I find the attempt to twist this as a Tory coup laughable. And if you'll excuse me, I have a moat to clean.

I dont old boy I think they are all a bunch of thieving corrupt scum

Guest KingCharles1st

WTF is a "floating duck Island?"

I have a far better idea- people who need floating duck Islands, are good at moats and need posh bookcases for "research" are obviously all suited to a job at London Zoo.

Get them a job there, and they can work off their debts there wearing stripey suits with pointy arrows on them

On the BBC news yesterday evening, Brown stuff said she was still in her parliamentary position "at the moment". Soon gone, hopefully, little smug pants. Credibility, not that she had any in the first place, totally shot to pieces.

Oh no it isn't.

Misrepresentation. Cameron has actually told him that if he doesn't square it up now and announce he won't run, he'll withdraw the Whip immediately.

Cameron is definitely taking a firmer line that Brown over this.

It beggars belief that she got the job of Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government in the first place.

This is the sort of thing that happens when the critera for a post is race or sex and not ability.

Misrepresentation. Cameron has actually told him that if he doesn't square it up now and announce he won't run, he'll withdraw the Whip immediately.

Cameron is definitely taking a firmer line that Brown over this.

Well if "doing better than Gordon Brown" is enough for you Bogbrush, fair enough. I'm going to shoot for the stars and expect a bunch of people who want to run the country to have the moral sensibilities of, at minimum, a decently brought up seven year old who understands that being sorry just because you were caught isn't enough.

Its not a question of deciding which of two pigs that have wandered into your living room is the smelliest.

I repeat, if they were serious about apologising, if they were serious about all the waffle Cameron has come out with in recent weeks, they would be arranging for a by-election right now, letting the putative replacements make the case for how the Tories are cleaning up politics and leaving it to the constituents to decide if they believe them or not. They haven't. Cameron is "furious" but not that furious, he is "sorry" but not that sorry.

I'll take the one that's doing the least worst job at the moment - it's not right, but right now, it's as good as it's going to get...

Cameron is making decisions, and doing so with speed - he himself is making those decisions, rather than forming a committee to take the blame - Brown won't take responsibility for anything, let alone who in his party should leave. He is setting the agenda for for who goes and who stays, and how it happens - for all parties, by getting his oar in first, it's not the best situation to be in to show leadership, but at least he's leading!

I've been wondering what would happen if Cameron did starting forcing by elections over the country? Presumably it would force Brown to follow suit with his disreputable bunch... At whatg point do having/needing so many by-elections to a certain extent force a general election?

Until we have a voting paper that offers the option of "none of the above", or a spoilt vote is counted in the tally, I can't see a way out of the current pantsness.

Having said that, some people are honest, hardworking, and doing their very best at their job - even if the are MPs - these are the ones that should be recognised, and rewarded with the promotions.

Guest anorthosite
Blears sums up EVERYTHING I dislike about our country.

Small & ginger?

WTF is a "floating duck Island?"

It's for them to sleep on, so that nasty old Brer Fox can't get them.

But as someone has pointed out, nobody has asked the ducks whether this is their 1st or 2nd home.

Accusations of feathering their own nests will surely follow.

5 Live headlines this morning, full splurge on Duck Islands and tory sleaze, not a mention of Ruth Kelly or Hoon or Purnell.

I switched off. Campbell and Fogarty, i give up.

I repeat, if they were serious about apologising, if they were serious about all the waffle Cameron has come out with in recent weeks, they would be arranging for a by-election right now, letting the putative replacements make the case for how the Tories are cleaning up politics and leaving it to the constituents to decide if they believe them or not. They haven't. Cameron is "furious" but not that furious, he is "sorry" but not that sorry.

How can there be a by election? The guy's been elected. Taking away the whip or booting him out of the party doesn't mean he vacates his seat in parliament.

Anyway, there should be a bias against NuLab on this issue, because they are in power.

I'll take the one that's doing the least worst job at the moment - it's not right, but right now, it's as good as it's going to get...

Cameron is making decisions, and doing so with speed - he himself is making those decisions, rather than forming a committee to take the blame - Brown won't take responsibility for anything, let alone who in his party should leave. He is setting the agenda for for who goes and who stays, and how it happens - for all parties, by getting his oar in first, it's not the best situation to be in to show leadership, but at least he's leading!

I've been wondering what would happen if Cameron did starting forcing by elections over the country? Presumably it would force Brown to follow suit with his disreputable bunch... At whatg point do having/needing so many by-elections to a certain extent force a general election?

Until we have a voting paper that offers the option of "none of the above", or a spoilt vote is counted in the tally, I can't see a way out of the current pantsness.

Having said that, some people are honest, hardworking, and doing their very best at their job - even if the are MPs - these are the ones that should be recognised, and rewarded with the promotions.

Cameron doesn't have a full time job, he can spend his time on this stuff in between watching the telly and doing a bit of gardening whereas Gordon Brown (unfortunately) is the Prime Minister.

As to the bit about forcing elections; exactly.

How can there be a by election? The guy's been elected. Taking away the whip or booting him out of the party doesn't mean he vacates his seat in parliament.

Anyway, there should be a bias against NuLab on this issue, because they are in power.

Kick him out of the party today. Let him to choose to do whatever he wants.

He'd be a fool to stay though, they'd tear him limb from limb unless his only vice really is housing ducks.