House Price Crash Forum

Guido: Did Nick Brown Twitter G.e. Date

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Has Nick Brown Just Twittered the Election Date?

"The new speaker will only have a few weeks to get settled in before the election is called."

We all know Brown is keen to cling to power for as long as .

Has The Queen therefore quietly suggested to him an election would be a good idea, thus allowing her to avoid dismissing Parliament and sparing blushes all round?

HOLA445

The Labour Party, with or without gordon brown as leader will lose the general election, whether it happens this year or next. I think everyone can say that with 100% certainty.

What gordon should be doing is planning his exit - call a GE soon and he can attempt to use the expenses scandal as a major factor in losing. Wait for too long and the expenses scandal will have blown over and he will lose the election (anyway) for being the useless fat turd he is.

Either way, it's lose-lose and goodbye to the Labour Party.

Huzzah.

HOLA446
We all know Brown is keen to cling to power for as long as .

Has The Queen therefore quietly suggested to him an election would be a good idea, thus allowing her to avoid dismissing Parliament and sparing blushes all round?

More likely the NEC of the labour party worrying that party funding will dry up completely if totally anihillated, as the longer labour hang on, the worse it will be.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

As stated above, I'm very skeptical about this. That said...

Having thought about it a little, the only logical reason I can think of for Labour bringing forward to GE to some time this year is they're aware of something unpleasent (the need for a pretty draconian emergency budget, for example) on the not-too-distant horizon, and figure their best chance in the long term is to get out before it happens, let the Tories take the flak from any goldfish on the electoral roll, and try and get back in next time round.

HOLA4410

Having thought about it a little, the only logical reason I can think of for Labour bringing forward to GE to some time this year is they're aware of something unpleasent (the need for a pretty draconian emergency budget, for example) on the not-too-distant horizon, and figure their best chance in the long term is to get out before it happens, let the Tories take the flak from any goldfish on the electoral roll, and try and get back in next time round.

Do you have to authenticate yourself in anyway, as to who you really are, or could anyone have set up a twitter as nickbrownmp?

HOLA4411

Judging by the latest comments on the thread at Guido's, it's a fake. I don't know enough about Twitter to have a clue. But those in the know seem to think it's fake.

Pity, I wouldn't have minded a June General Election - get rid of Gordon sooner rather than later.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Do you have to authenticate yourself in anyway, as to who you really are, or could anyone have set up a twitter as nickbrownmp?

As far as I know it's no different to the Comptroller General of the National Audit Office telling us all to buy [deleted] a few years back. The chances are it's fake.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Sigh.

One right-wing blog (Guido) links to a Conservative blog (Tory Bear) who in turns claims to have seen a message (which is no longer available) on a twitter account which may or may not be that of a labour MP referring to a possible election

Yawn. Why are we wasting our time on this sh1t?

Edited by Little Professor

HOLA4416
Sigh.

One right-wing blog (Guido) links to a Conservative blog (Tory Bear) who in turns claims to have seen a message (which is no longer available) on a twitter account which may or may not be that of a labour MP referring to a possible election

Yawn. Why are we wasting our time on this sh1t?

Why deny people the hope that it's true?

HOLA4417
It may still be possible to read the message though.

deleted tweets live on

Still exists on Twitter

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=&an...til=&rpp=15

Realtime results for from:nickbrownmp

0 more results since you started searching. Refresh to see them.

Me_normal

nickbrownmp: @AMitchellMP The new speaker will only have a few weeks to get settled in before the election is called.

about 9 hours ago from web · Reply · View Tweet

Page 1

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest redwine
Has Nick Brown Just Twittered the Election Date?

"The new speaker will only have a few weeks to get settled in before the election is called."

Twitter account now deleted according to Guido.

the problem with twitter is that you don't know who is real and is false

i to have deleted my twitter account one of my kids thougt that she was following a famous person and it turned out to be

a nutcase

HOLA4422
HOLA4423