House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
abidova

Mortgage Poser

Hi Guys

would love to get opinions on this one.

Just coming to the end of a 3 yr cap rate (capped at 4.99%) which tracks BOE rate +.75 up to 4.99%, so for most of the Cap we were paying 4.99%, obviously this has gone down and down and is now at 1.25%

all the lender does at the end of the cap is take the cap off and the rate will continue to be 1.25% until of course Base rates change.

Lender has offered us the following options....

stay on the BOE rate +.75 for the remainder of the mortgage

fix for 2 years at 3.99%

fix for 5 years at 4.69%

am discounting the 2 year fix but considering the 5 year as rates will obviously rise - but do other posters think that over the next 5 years average base rate will be above 4%?

Hi Guys

would love to get opinions on this one.

Just coming to the end of a 3 yr cap rate (capped at 4.99%) which tracks BOE rate +.75 up to 4.99%, so for most of the Cap we were paying 4.99%, obviously this has gone down and down and is now at 1.25%

all the lender does at the end of the cap is take the cap off and the rate will continue to be 1.25% until of course Base rates change.

Lender has offered us the following options....

stay on the BOE rate +.75 for the remainder of the mortgage

fix for 2 years at 3.99%

fix for 5 years at 4.69%

am discounting the 2 year fix but considering the 5 year as rates will obviously rise - but do other posters think that over the next 5 years average base rate will be above 4%?

Can you get another capped rate, even if it is higher? If not, I would suggest you stay with the variable and keep looking around for better deals (assuming you can refinance and switch vendors?)

think my best bet will be to stick with the variable for as long as I can until other available products start to take off then jump in with a fix.

the other cap offered by the lender is capped at 5.75% and currently at 3.49% but only until 2012 so nothing special really.

As I paid a 25% deposit in 2006 they are willing to offer me any 75%LTV product even though LTV is probably closer to 85% now