House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest vicmac64

In Your Opinion Is Globalism A Form Of High Treason - Poll

Guest vicmac64

Time for a simple poll which I ran a few months back - I want to see if attitudes have changed in the interim. I would be very grateful for your comments (neg or positive) in order to keep this topic near the top for as long as possible to get as big a sample as possible - I think it is important to test peoples opinions on this matter that in my opinion has its filthy hands in every aspect of the collapse of the United Kingdom.

I contend that Globalism is Treason - our parliament and our sovereignty is not for sale or discussion without our say - we the people have not been consulted on this the most basic of inalienable rights - our rights to be British and our rights to have and control our own Government. Our rights to control our own destiny.

The Lisbon Treaty and others have flown in the face of our most basic democratic rights.

Guest vicmac64

Come on give me your opinions - neg or positive - I had the guts to post the article - so give me your opinions.

Globalisation and free markets is one of the greatest forces of good for raising ALL global living standards. I know we have had this argument before at great length, and you are not capable of understanding, or you refuse to, so I shall not waste anymore time.

Btw, the Lisbon treaty is a vile treaty designed to move political control further away from the people. It has nothing to do with free markets and your sad understanding.

Globalism serves no purpose other than to line corporations pockets for short term gains. It will be the host nations that have to pick up the mess and the tab when it all goes horribly wrong.

Globalisation is causing more poverty, more wars, more human suffering than at any time in our history.

World Government is bad, whether its behind closed doors as is the case today, or out in the open. The people dont want it, and its the will of the people that will stop it.

Guest vicmac64

Absolute nonsense - as usual but I value your contribution - unfortunately the Lisbon Treaty and all these other nefarious acts of unaccountable Government are 'the one and the same'.

Free markets are what exactly - there is no such thing - or at least its title does not represent its true nature..

there is the market and that is it.

Free market thinking has destroyed the UK. We have 'no manufacturing base' of any worth left as a consequence, and look what it has done for our banking sector...................................

Globalisation and free markets is one of the greatest forces of good for raising ALL global living standards. I know we have had this argument before at great length, and you are not capable of understanding, or you refuse to, so I shall not waste anymore time.

Btw, the Lisbon treaty is a vile treaty designed to move political control further away from the people. It has nothing to do with free markets and your sad understanding.

You keep asking this stupid question. And flinging words like treason about to describe a concept "globalisation" which you have not defined either to others nor apparently in your own mind.

Guest vicmac64
Globalism serves no purpose other than to line corporations pockets for short term gains. It will be the host nations that have to pick up the mess and the tab when it all goes horribly wrong.

Globalisation is causing more poverty, more wars, more human suffering than at any time in our history.

World Government is bad, whether its behind closed doors as is the case today, or out in the open. The people dont want it, and its the will of the people that will stop it.

I agree entirely with you - but it worse than that - it is TREASON.

Absolute nonsense - as usual but I value your contribution - unfortunately the Lisbon Treaty and all these other nefarious acts of unaccountable Government are 'the one and the same'.

Free markets are what exactly - there is no such thing - or at least its title does not represent its true nature..

there is the market and that is it.

Free market thinking has destroyed the UK. We have 'no manufacturing base' of any worth left as a consequence, and look what it has done for our banking sector...................................

I agree the free market has allowed corporations to work tax free offshore whilst the public pay huge taxes in order to subsidise their operations.

A plastic kettle might only cost three pounds from China, but the thousands of people we pay to sit at home that could have made it themselves over here isnt exactly much of a saving is it ?

Nothing wrong with globalism. I don't want to be arbitrarily separated from the international community by some primitive backward thinking politicians who think trade restrictions protect anyone.

Guest vicmac64

Stupid - everyone that is voting in agreement 'stupid too'.

It is not stupid..

It is FUNDAMENTAL to what is and has been going on in 'finance, banking, industry, government and country'

YET WE HAVE HAD NO SAY ON THE MATTER.....................................

You keep asking this stupid question. And flinging words like treason about to describe a concept "globalisation" which you have not defined either to others nor apparently in your own mind.

Nothing wrong with globalism. I don't want to be arbitrarily separated from the international community by some primitive backward thinking politicians who think trade restrictions protect anyone.

Not sure what country you currently live in, but in the UK trade restrictions are protecting us.

Without trade restrictions the UK would fall flat on its face tommorow, we could in no way shape or form compete with the third world on labour.

What a load of ******!

Take Africa/South America.

We import loads of stuff from them.

Then what do their leaders buy back off the West?

Fekkin Guns/Ammo/Military Hardware for killing in inter-tribal warfare/ keep dictator in power!

Guest vicmac64

Primitive - is what is going on - CORRUPTION on an unparalelled scale.............

And collapse of our economy in an unparralelled scale.

And the loss of Liberty..

Tell me about the 'good things' that will last.............................. that Globalism has done.

Take your time - what has Globalism done that will benefit us and the people of the UNITED KINGDOM into the future and maybe we will believe you.

I would say that globalisation is the latest extension of U.S. / Western hegemony.

Countries are pressured to open up their economic markets to 'free trade' & 'free imports'.

So they end up accepting imports from heavily subsidized Western firms, which crushes their

own manufacturing bases, which then allows our businesses to go in & recruit them at a pittance, crushing

our manufacturing base.

Laurejon, I trust if I was to walk through your house I would find no foreign made good, no German washing machines, no Chinese DVD players, no American films next to the DVD player. No foreign fabrics in your wardrobe. No foreign food in your fridge.

I suspect your happy to show the same hypocarcy as all anti-globalists.

I'm of the opinion that the drive to globalisation has caused more problems than it solves. Benefiting corporations far more than citizens. Trade is good, but self-reliance and self-sufficiency where possible is the way to go.

There has been a hollowing out of employment locally leading to an over-reliance on the public sector for employment, and as we have seen, a detrimental increase in credit driven, house price based consumption. We can no longer afford either, so any gains from globalisation have been nullified.

I believe that the loss to foreign ownership of strategic industries (power, water...) is not a good thing. This global recession will I feel make nation states rethink their blind devotion to globalisation.

Primitive - is what is going on - CORRUPTION on an unparallelled scale.............

And collapse of our economy in an unparrallelled scale.

And the loss of Liberty..

Tell me about the 'good things' that will last.............................. that Globalism has done.

Take your time - what has Globalism done that will benefit us and the people of the UNITED KINGDOM into the future and maybe we will believe you.

There are countries out there with closed borders, not my kind of thing though. I like being able to buy and sell things to China, Japan, US, Europe etc. Its nice to travel also.

The UK's new rubbish dump: China

Tomorrow The hi-tech plague that is hurting Africa. John Vidal explores the

trade in waste electronics

Monday September 20, 2004

The Guardian

More than a third of the waste paper and plastic collected by British local authorities,

supermarkets and businesses for recycling is being sent 8,000 miles to China without any

knowledge of the environmental or social costs - and to the complete surprise of most

consumers.

New government figures suggest that exports to China are running at 300,000 tonnes of

plastic rubbish and 700,000 tonnes of paper and cardboard a year - a huge increase on just

three years ago.

Guest vicmac64

What a purile argument.

Nobody is saying we shouldn't buy foreign goods - we are saying that our economy and our people come first. So if taxes are necessary on foreign goods to secure British Jobs and manufacturing 'so be it'.

Balanced Protectionism is what is needed.

But Globalisation is so much more than the transfer of our manufacturing base to foreign countries.

Globalism 'embraces' unbridled immigration.

Globalism 'embraces' World Government and loss of National Identity.

Globalism 'embraces' the issuance of a future 'ONE WORLD CURRENCY' (being talked about openly now in the media)

Globalism 'embraces' the neutering of parliamentary democracies.

Globalism 'insists' on the control of EVERY ASPECT OF OUR LIVES.

THIS IS NOT FREEDOM - THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY - I NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO VOTE FOR THIS MONSTROSITY! - THIS IS TREASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurejon, I trust if I was to walk through your house I would find no foreign made good, no German washing machines, no Chinese DVD players, no American films next to the DVD player. No foreign fabrics in your wardrobe. No foreign food in your fridge.

I'm of the opinion that the drive to globalisation has caused more problems than it solves. Benefiting corporations far more than citizens. Trade is good, but self-reliance and self-sufficiency where possible is the way to go.

There has been a hollowing out of employment locally leading to an over-reliance on the public sector for employment, and as we have seen, a detrimental increase in credit driven, house price based consumption. We can no longer afford either, so any gains from globalisation have been nullified.

I believe that the loss to foreign ownership of strategic industries (power, water...) is not a good thing. This global recession will I feel make nation states rethink their blind devotion to globalisation.

I spent about 10 mins looking into companies that are into council contracts for Waste disposal, utilities etc.

They are ALL 'covert' GLOBAL Companies!

I buy whats on the shelves.

And for me I would be happy to see only UK manufactured products on the shelves, and only UK sourced food.

Mabye if we didnt import this stuff we would have seen our house prices rise 400%, and ourselves, our children, and their children wouldnt be paying off this Governments debts that are a direct sympton of it.

Globalisation brought down the financial system, and its also bringing society down with it too.

Guest vicmac64

So is the 'Lisbon Treaty' a Globalist Treaty Kingbingo.

I believe it to be so - do you?

Sadly yes.

Educate me.

I looked up "Globalism" in my dictionary and it is not there.

It could mean lots of things...

For example - trans-National bodies (like the EEC or United Nations), multi-national Corporations, free-trade.

Or as it's an "ism" do you mean some kind of ideology related to these things?

When you say treason I assume you mean something against the national interest. Do you mean Great Britain? (or England or Scotland) or "the Queen" meaning counties of which she is nominally head of state.

Just explain what you mean. I think that's why other posters are using words like "stupid".

It clearly means something to you, but I can't vote unless I understand the question.

Guest vicmac64

But who is talking about closed borders or not being able to travel??

Not me...........

Unbridled immigration is a no no there have to be controls on immigration else this small island nation would be swamped, but travel - why would that stop??? how would balanced protectionism stop that??

ANd why couldn't you still sell to these countries - thats the markets - nobody is suggesting you couldn't sell or import for that matter , what we are saying is Balanced Protectionism secures our democracy, jobs and economy - in short it places the UK in the position of securing its own destiny - that is why we have a parliamentary democracy - TO CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY.

There are countries out there with closed borders, not my kind of thing though. I like being able to buy and sell things to China, Japan, US, Europe etc. Its nice to travel also.