House Price Crash Forum

Making An Offer

Mr Hunt

HOLA441
HOLA442

It would be interesting to hear of similar stories KatA, and thanks for sharing those insights. We've been renting for the last 16 months since selling and thought we'd buy this summer but it's not going to happen. I haven't even been viewing houses, although I watch them on Property News. I don't know how the market is faring behind the scenes.

Edited by polythene pam

HOLA443
It would be interesting to hear of similar stories KatA, and thanks for sharing those insights. We've been renting for the last 16 months since selling and thought we'd buy this summer but it's not going to happen. I haven't even been viewing houses, although I watch them on Property News. I don't know how the market is faring behind the scenes.

HOLA444

Hi,

I think I’m going to stop viewing as it’s become very frustrating lately. I have seen two houses recently that I really like, but they are over priced. They both had offers that were not subject to sale and I have a feeling that they will both fall through but this could take two or three months. I’ll just have to wait and see.

Anyone else out there experiencing this?

HOLA445

Re: sale agreed.

In my view this is just a tactic EA's use to make things look busy.

I few months ago i went to view a house, we talked prices but nothing was confirmed and no formal offer was submitted.

Looking at the house on propertynews the next day i noticed the EA had changed the status to sale agreed!

I made it clear to the EA that we would not be putting in an offer and the status was changed back to for sale.

Another thing that annoyed we was he tried the old 'we have another keen bidder' routine to try to get my to bit. I held firm and surprise surprise 4 months later the property is still on the market.

The best thing about it was that this is the agency who considers themselves Belfast's premier agents.

HOLA446

Well pam... a new build that I 'viewed' and wanted to buy in 2007 has dropped 55% in 2009. But I am Belfast Boy (MMMMAAAAWWWHHHHHAAAA) and I know that it is still over priced :wacko::unsure:B)

Edited by Belfast Boy

HOLA447
The best thing about it was that this is the agency who considers themselves Belfast's premier agents.

do said ea's begin with the letter U?

does your answer start with the letter N or Y?

Edited by sophia

HOLA448
HOLA449
Anyone else out there experiencing this?

Welcome to the forum ;)

I sold a while back and am renting. I stopped looking for properties, and fixed my deposit in a 1 year bond so I can't buy even if I wanted to.

I have stopped looking in property websites.

I will start to look again late 2010, into 2011.

It is all just an exercise in patience!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Re: sale agreed.

In my view this is just a tactic EA's use to make things look busy.

I few months ago i went to view a house, we talked prices but nothing was confirmed and no formal offer was submitted.

Looking at the house on propertynews the next day i noticed the EA had changed the status to sale agreed!

I made it clear to the EA that we would not be putting in an offer and the status was changed back to for sale.

Another thing that annoyed we was he tried the old 'we have another keen bidder' routine to try to get my to bit. I held firm and surprise surprise 4 months later the property is still on the market.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Hi Kata welcome,

when you click on reply, just scroll down to the bottom of the writing....past the [/quote ] part and then start typing, it will quote the comments and also post up your own comment as well.

I noticed you were clicking reply and not having much luck in being able to get a post up

HOLA4415
Welcome to the forum ;)

I have stopped looking in property websites.

I will start to look again late 2010, into 2011.

It is all just an exercise in patience!

You are strong!

It was exciting for a while, looking at all the meaty price cuts, but now it's the same old stuff on for years. I've seen a good few houses go sale agreed recently but if all it takes to go sale agreed is to compliment the furnishings at a viewing, then perhaps all is not as it seems!

I don't mind renting, which surprises me. I feel no desire to own again and think I'd be happy to carry on as we are for another while. We tied up the cash until next May so that's how I feel about the direction of the property market!

The only cloud on the horizon is that the word on the street is that our landlord is in financial diffs, so we don't know if he's going to boot us out so he can try and sell this place.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
You are strong!

It was exciting for a while, looking at all the meaty price cuts, but now it's the same old stuff on for years. I've seen a good few houses go sale agreed recently but if all it takes to go sale agreed is to compliment the furnishings at a viewing, then perhaps all is not as it seems!

I don't mind renting, which surprises me. I feel no desire to own again and think I'd be happy to carry on as we are for another while. We tied up the cash until next May so that's how I feel about the direction of the property market!

The only cloud on the horizon is that the word on the street is that our landlord is in financial diffs, so we don't know if he's going to boot us out so he can try and sell this place.

Don't panic PP , our LL asked us if we want to buy the house when the lease is up in August.

It would need to be RV or less to consider it , worst case we move to another rented house if he doesn't want to extend the lease. We would have the hassle of moving but there are loads of lovely houses to rent in our area and some are cheaper than our current deal.

I do agree about renting , living in a house the bank owns isn't all it's cracked up to be :lol::lol:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Hi Kata welcome,

when you click on reply, just scroll down to the bottom of the writing....past the [/quote ] part and then start typing, it will quote the comments and also post up your own comment as well.

I noticed you were clicking reply and not having much luck in being able to get a post up

Cheers!!! Thanks.

Hope this is okay.

HOLA4420