House Price Crash Forum

Part Worn Tyres

Flatdog

HOLA441
No, Part Worn in general, because you just do not know what has happened to them previously!

Why skimp on the only thing between you and the road? Amazing!

Hello again CR.

Obviously tyres aren't the only thing between you and the road, that's incorrect.

When it comes down to it, it's all about calculating risk. The chances of me having a serious accident due to have part-worn tyres is much more than a million to one. It's not worth spending 100 quid to 'try to' protect against a million to one risk.

The chances of dying in a car accident is probably about one in 50,000 per year.....who can spend as much as you like on tyres but end up crushed under a Polish truck though no fault of your own. (just used 'Polish' for a bit more impact!)

HOLA442
Hello again CR.

Obviously tyres aren't the only thing between you and the road, that's incorrect.

When it comes down to it, it's all about calculating risk. The chances of me having a serious accident due to have part-worn tyres is much more than a million to one. It's not worth spending 100 quid to 'try to' protect against a million to one risk.

The chances of dying in a car accident is probably about one in 50,000 per year.....who can spend as much as you like on tyres but end up crushed under a Polish truck though no fault of your own. (just used 'Polish' for a bit more impact!)

Fair comment, I accept your point of view. My comments were a little OTT.

HOLA443
HOLA444
You barsted!! Now you've made me feel bad about the ebay tyres crack!

....anyway, take care.

CD.

LOL! No problems, and don't feel bad as yes a lot of defective stuff is flogged on Ebay so I accept that.

I had no right labelling people who purchased part worn tyres as 'stupid' and 'lazy'. I am indeed stupid and lazy myself so it was a case of pot calling kettle black! If you know what I mean.