House Price Crash Forum

Fallen Icon E14

Dok

HOLA441
HOLA442

I've been keeping an eye out on that building! Now physically completed and ready to move in. Word has it that the developer still has around 150 units on their books... got it from an EA, so not sure if I can trust it or not hehe.

What's been made worse is that Pan Peninsula has just been ready at exactly the same time. And with a few more developments nearing completion.... this autumn and winter will be an "interesting" time for Isle of Dogs real estate :lol:

HOLA443
at Pan Peninsula has just been ready at exactly the same time. And with a few more developments nearing completion.... this autumn and winter will be an "interesting" time for Isle of Dogs real estate :lol:

... and yet the agents blithely show me properties where the vendor expects to make 50% profit in four years ownership...

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
The crazy thing is that they are still stupidly overpriced!

Would a two bed at Buck Palace be worth £840k? Possibly. Nothing else though.

I wouldn't even buy a 2-bed at Buckingham Palace at that price... the service/security fees must be exorbitant, and changing the lightbulbs will probably require a long drawn up planning application lol.

Average 2-bed in the other apartments in the area are going at £250-£350k, and those are 3-5 year old apartments, so not that old. So Icon, because its new, probably commands a slight premium, but I wouldn't be surprised if the average 2-beds there go for like £250k in about a few months time.

HOLA448

One of the earlier mega-bucks shoebox development across by West India Key has had some big hits!

One sold a few months ago ...

2002 Apartment 26, Hertsmere Road, Leasehold (Flat)

Sold for £720,000 on 05 Jan, 2009

compared to new...

Sold for £990,000 on 15 Apr, 2005

Thats a huge £270,000 pounds down the 30 odd storey drain.

I don't even think this was for a penthouse as 2-bed units are on sale like this one - Rightmove?

Ridiculous - they dont even have a balcony!

HOLA449
One of the earlier mega-bucks shoebox development across by West India Key has had some big hits!

compared to new...

I don't even think this was for a penthouse as 2-bed units are on sale like this one - Rightmove?

Yes, but those are the top prime location apartments for Canary Wharf... in West India Quay, next to (or above?) the Marriott, walking distance (5-10 mins) to all the buildings.

But I know, even £720,000 is a bit ridiculous for a 2-bed, but I suspect for that price it was probably a penthouse, double floor, or more than 2 beds....

HOLA4410

compared to new...

the one on rightmove is 1500 sq ft tho :blink:

HOLA4411
the one on rightmove is 1500 sq ft tho :blink:

Absolutely right... about double the average 2-bed apartment in the area.

Its interesting to see the EPC for the flat is quite low, considering its at most only a few years old, and you would have expected good materials and insulation to have been used in the construction of this "luxury" apartment :lol:

HOLA4412
Absolutely right... about double the average 2-bed apartment in the area.

Its interesting to see the EPC for the flat is quite low, considering its at most only a few years old, and you would have expected good materials and insulation to have been used in the construction of this "luxury" apartment :lol:

I would have thought the EPC for any "oversize" flat or house would be low?

HOLA4413

Please do not tell me that there are people trying to get more than 3/4 million for a two bed flat that doesn't even have a separate kitchen?

EDIT... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????? You can walk through an archway from the dining kitchen into the bedroom?

Edited by mikeymadman

HOLA4414
EDIT... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????? You can walk through an archway from the dining kitchen into the bedroom?

I know what you mean- when I saw the photo, I initially thought that was a mirror. From the floorplan, it looks like there is some kind of sliding door or screen- I can't think why that's a desirable design feature though.

Given that there's a 24h concierge etc etc, anyone know what kind of sevice charge these babies come with? a few hundred a month?

• 1 month later...
HOLA4415

I was shown five flats in this development last week, three 2-bed and a couple of 1-beds. The Estate Agent asked one of the builders to show us around the building and let us in to the flats. Judging by the size of the key-ring the builder had to drag around, there are a lot of flats still available here – I mean literally hundreds. The quality of the building was, in my view, poor. The flats had tiny rooms, the developer has clearly squeezed as many flats in to the building as possible. One 2-bed place I saw was ridiculous – the second room was so small you would struggle to get a single bed in there: for a mere £330K asking.

I wouldn’t touch this place with a bargepole. There are far, far better developments around Canary Wharf than this place. The current prices are still too high when you compare these flats to existing ones in the area.

• 1 month later...
HOLA4416

Hi

So I'm looking to buy a place close to town docklands looks good but i need to find the right place at the right price these guys have a few http://centerhomes.co.uk/properties/search...rder=price+DESC

I like the city tower one but can anyone help

I'm looking for 2 beds parking and with a view (water/city) ideally want to spend no more than 325k (but i can go upto 400k) close to city has anyone any ideas of developments to look at, I know there are lots more coming online later in the year and yes i'm looking for a bargain. The other main issue is it has to be safe as often my wife will be there alone traveling into the city, if anyone can even suggest some developments they know that would be great Also the place would be left empty for half the year or more so high up floors are better

thanks

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Try looking at Capstan Square.

They are bit older properties but you get more for your money. They are generally two or three bedrooms and you get a garden and a garage.

I lived there for 10 years, safe as anywhere in London.

http://www.foxtons.co.uk/properties-by-str...tan-square.html

Thanks but I'm looking for a flat as no one will be there a lot of the time and don't wan't what the hassle of the garden