copper crutch

HOLA441
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
I Have worked out prices have dropped around 4% in this area, prior to the recent rises in the Spring Bounce.

http://www.espc.com/Buying/261301.html

Come on. You are being silly now. :lol:

At the boom a one bedder in Gorgie was between 120-130k. This is what was PAID for them not what they hoped to get.

Now ? The average sale price of a one bedder in Gorgie is 106k according to the ESPC. Fits in pretty perfectly with my own tracking.

Today there are 10 you could DEFINITELY get for under 100k. Either they are fixed prices of 100k or less or offers over 89k etc..

On top of this there are another 10 you could PROBABLY get for 100k or less. These are all 110k fixed price max. Above this there are only 4.

A fall from 125k to 105k is about 16%.

Strange choice of example there....

There are only 4 one bedders in Gorgie wanting more than the one you choice. There are 22 one bedders on for less than this.

Strange choice... :rolleyes:

Why didn't you choose this one and tell is all Gorgie one bedders had fallen 28%.... ;)

ESPC Gorgie 89k

PS - 'Recent rises' in the Spring Bounce...Gorgie asking prices are lower than 6 months ago. :lol:

Edited by ccc

HOLA444
HOLA445
I Have worked out prices have dropped around 4% in this area, prior to the recent rises in the Spring Bounce.

http://www.espc.com/Buying/261301.html

Also note that this flat has been on the market for many, many months, which is surely indicative of its unreasonably high asking price. When did we have ESPC reference numbers in the low 260,000s? About a year ago?

HOLA446
HOLA447
C.mon Crutchster what do you for a living? No one takes you seriously anymore on here, me included.

Why not be open about it Crutchster. Theres room for an EA on the forum.

Be open and honest and I'm sure people would welcome your input,

whether we agree or not.

The bear-in-despair routine is wearing a bit thin.

Edited by geneer

HOLA448
Why not be open about it Crutchster. Theres room for an EA on the forum.

Be open and honest and I'm sure people would welcome your input,

whether we agree or not.

The bear-in-despair routine is wearing a bit thin.

more bad news, the old supply and demand issue, just will get a bigger and bigger issue, as we all no almost all new build has stopped, and there will be very little new houses built in the near to medium future.

This of course will result in a fresh bubble :(

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestne...-BBs.5271176.jp

ps sorry to burst your wee bubble but i am not an EA. :lol:

HOLA449

Sorry, Crutchster, simply cannot see it. Where's the mortgage funds coming from following decline of RMBS's? BoS and RBS redundancies (plus Scottish inevitably declining public sector jobs once Eton Dave gets in next year) surely mean that, notwithstanding loads of interest, there ain't sufficient funds for the average punter (absent 30% deposit of course).

All this talk of spring bounces seems to assume that Banks are going to increase lending and ignore LTV, silly income multiples etc. - forget it, it won't happen.

HOLA4410
more bad news, the old supply and demand issue, just will get a bigger and bigger issue, as we all no almost all new build has stopped, and there will be very little new houses built in the near to medium future.

Do you not have a reply to ccc's post from 8.09pm last night?

Seems to me he has done you a favour by finding plenty of flats in the area you want to buy for cheaper than you thought they were.

HOLA4411

Sorry, Crutchster, simply cannot see it. Where's the mortgage funds coming from following decline of RMBS's? BoS and RBS redundancies (plus Scottish inevitably declining public sector jobs once Eton Dave gets in next year) surely mean that, notwithstanding loads of interest, there ain't sufficient funds for the average punter (absent 30% deposit of course).

All this talk of spring bounces seems to assume that Banks are going to increase lending and ignore LTV, silly income multiples etc. - forget it, it won't happen.

Dont Agree there are loads of 90% ltv available, and there is even an 80% BTL Coming out in July, funding is not an issue as long as you have a good secure job.

HOLA4412
Come on. You are being silly now. :lol:

At the boom a one bedder in Gorgie was between 120-130k. This is what was PAID for them not what they hoped to get.

Now ? The average sale price of a one bedder in Gorgie is 106k according to the ESPC. Fits in pretty perfectly with my own tracking.

Today there are 10 you could DEFINITELY get for under 100k. Either they are fixed prices of 100k or less or offers over 89k etc..

On top of this there are another 10 you could PROBABLY get for 100k or less. These are all 110k fixed price max. Above this there are only 4.

A fall from 125k to 105k is about 16%.

Strange choice of example there....

There are only 4 one bedders in Gorgie wanting more than the one you choice. There are 22 one bedders on for less than this.

Strange choice... :rolleyes:

Why didn't you choose this one and tell is all Gorgie one bedders had fallen 28%.... ;)

ESPC Gorgie 89k

PS - 'Recent rises' in the Spring Bounce...Gorgie asking prices are lower than 6 months ago. :lol:

i have already looked at that one its a dump, i offered 70 for it and was laughed at, they want 100k.

HOLA4413

Crutchster, the linked Scotsman article is utterly irrelevant to house prices.

From the article:

The push towards [housing the homeless in] B&Bs is part of the council's strategy to try and cut down on the number of people sleeping rough ahead of a 2012 Government deadline where it has an obligation to provide a home for everyone in the capital.

By what mechanism do you think that the issues the authorities face in housing the homeless will ignite a new house price bubble? If the authorities increase the stock of housing, surely the invisible hand will ensure a corresponding drop in the price? If the authorities cannot increase the stock of housing, then the underlying situation remains the same. The bubble that risks being blown at the moment is an increase in B&B rates.

You also say:

there are loads of 90% ltv available, and there is even an 80% BTL Coming out in July, funding is not an issue as long as you have a good secure job.

I have already stated to you that mortgage lending has more than halved since this time last year, and has fallen by two-thirds since the peak. Funding is indeed an issue.

Good secure job? Unemployment in Edinburgh has risen by 69% YoY. Up 85% from the Dec 07 low. Up 23% on the quarter - much worse than UK (12%) and Scotland (16.5%).

BTW, who is offering this 80% LTV BTL? They must be mad, the market has collapsed. According to the CML, BTL lending dropped 41% on the quarter; it has crashed to less than a third of the Q1 2008 level and is only a quarter of it's 2007 level.

http://www.cml.org.uk/cml/media/press/2272

Edited by The McGlashan

HOLA4414

From the article:

By what mechanism do you think that the issues the authorities face in housing the homeless will ignite a new house price bubble? If the authorities increase the stock of housing, surely the invisible hand will ensure a corresponding drop in the price? If the authorities cannot increase the stock of housing, then the underlying situation remains the same. The bubble that risks being blown at the moment is an increase in B&B rates.

You also say:

I have already stated to you that mortgage lending has more than halved since this time last year, and has fallen by two-thirds since the peak. Funding is indeed an issue.

Good secure job? Unemployment in Edinburgh has risen by 69% YoY. Up 85% from the Dec 07 low. Up 23% on the quarter - much worse than UK (12%) and Scotland (16.5%).

BTW, who is offering this 80% LTV BTL? They must be mad, the market has collapsed. According to the CML, BTL lending dropped 41% on the quarter; it has crashed to less than a third of the Q1 2008 level and is only a quarter of it's 2007 level.

Roll up roll up, party hats and streamers on this site as regards the 80% BTL.

http://www.ahuja.co.uk/property-news/ajays...age-on-its-way/

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

From the article:

You also say:

Every day more bad news. :angry:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=114632

the party is over hpi in the post :angry:

HOLA4418

Monsieur, with these figures you are really spoiling us.

Good stuff: keep it up.

Addendum: and here's what the ESPC has to say for April:

Latest Latest ESPC figures show that the average house price in Edinburgh now stands at £201,497 following an annual fall of 10.9%. Despite this year-on-year fall, the average house price in the Capital is now at its highest level since September 2008. The number of properties selling remains 60% down year-on-year, with the number of homes coming onto the market similarly constrained. The percentage of Fixed Price properties achieving the asking price reaches highest level since June 2008.

There's a link to a PDF with more details, but they've cocked it up and linked to the February one instead. Looking at the corresponding URL for April doesn't take you anywhere.

Edited by Scunnered

HOLA4419
Dont Agree there are loads of 90% ltv available, and there is even an 80% BTL Coming out in July, funding is not an issue as long as you have a good secure job.

There are 90% ltvs available - not loads though - but the rates are high around 6-7% and high arrangement fees. The criteria is also pretty rigorous and they will turn you down for the smallest thing. They can't seem to get a balance between lending to anyone and lending to no-one. Funding is an issue and is a reason many sales fall through. Also what is a secure job these days - solicitors, banking, BT ?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
i have already looked at that one its a dump, i offered 70 for it and was laughed at, they want 100k.

What people want for their property means sweet FA.

I want 3 million pound for Liz Hurley to give me a blowy. I fear I may be waiting a while.

HOLA4422
There are 90% ltvs available - not loads though - but the rates are high around 6-7% and high arrangement fees. The criteria is also pretty rigorous and they will turn you down for the smallest thing. They can't seem to get a balance between lending to anyone and lending to no-one. Funding is an issue and is a reason many sales fall through. Also what is a secure job these days - solicitors, banking, BT ?

So when rates are at thier lowest ever these people are paying 6-7%. :o

When rates head back up to 5% ish these people will be goosed. 10-12% perhaps ?

Ouch.

HOLA4423
Monsieur, with these figures you are really spoiling us.

Good stuff: keep it up.

Addendum: and here's what the ESPC has to say for April:

There's a link to a PDF with more details, but they've cocked it up and linked to the February one instead. Looking at the corresponding URL for April doesn't take you anywhere.

Here it is:

http://www.espc.com/EspcPageMedia/MarketRe...THLY_200904.pdf

Why do ESPC prices look like this:

ESPC_Avg_House_Price.png

While the RoS data gives us this?

RoS_Edinburgh_Avg_House_Price.png

They don't even appear to be related.

post-14504-1242467451_thumb.png

post-14504-1242467475_thumb.png

HOLA4424

Why its almost as if the Crutchster justs want to keep a "Edinburgh Prices Rising Again" thread going, isn't it.

Good find McGlashan. It would be good to stick it on the Edinburgh Latest thread.

Let Crutchsters PR stunt thread fade away.

HOLA4425
Here it is:

http://www.espc.com/EspcPageMedia/MarketRe...THLY_200904.pdf

Why do ESPC prices look like this:

ESPC_Avg_House_Price.png

While the RoS data gives us this?

RoS_Edinburgh_Avg_House_Price.png

They don't even appear to be related.

You remember we had a bit of chat recently about it ? Hamish was telling us the RoS data was only useful for developers and cash buyers :lol: Didn't give him the figures he was looking for more like.

According to the BBC the RoS gives ALL transactions including repossesions/auctions etc..

ESPC does not. The number of sales are so low that I imagine this is having a larger effect than it would normally ?

Big difference in average price.

Q1 averages for the different trackers:

ESPC - 196

RoS - 187

Nationwide - 229

The average sale price of a Nationwide property was 42 k different.

MASSIVE difference.