House Price Crash Forum

Does Anyone Else Really Not Care About Mps Expenses

HOLA441
I just don't get what the big deal is. The amounts of money we are talking about is an absolute pittance compared to how much these fools waste every day on the likes of NHS consultants and phony wars.

We all know MPs aren't saints so why would we expect them not to embellish their expenses. Every other employee in every other industry does.

Nope, this is all another enrage the sheeple, diversionary story. Wake up and look at the bigger picture if you want to see real corruption

Its not the amounts its the principle. These same MP's lecture the public on morality trying to control our every action. Levy fines for every trival offence. Increase taxes whilst exempting themselves.

By the way not many employees manage to embellish their expenses to this scale.

HOLA442
I just don't get what the big deal is. The amounts of money we are talking about is an absolute pittance compared to how much these fools waste every day on the likes of NHS consultants and phony wars.

We all know MPs aren't saints so why would we expect them not to embellish their expenses. Every other employee in every other industry does.

Nope, this is all another enrage the sheeple, diversionary story. Wake up and look at the bigger picture if you want to see real corruption

Anyone trusted to set our laws should be utterly above reproach. They should be the best of the best. Honourable and right honourable and all that stuff. And when they are not they should resign. And when they don't they should be told to resign.

All this stuff about the national security threat from a few terrorists really does pale into insignificance as to the long term affect on morality. There is more harm done by apathy than terrorism. And after this episode selfishness really will walk amongst us to devastating effect.

What really annoyed me is when their only retort was 'they only wish to get on with doing a good job for the country'. As far as I'm concerned that they had enough about them to feather their nest, really does show them to be utterly selfish rather than incompetent.

HOLA443
But the `sheeple` (of course not you, you are waaay too smart) are doing plenty. Factory and school occupations, strikes, demonstrations (don't know if you saw the G20 thing you may have missed it), marches...but then i'm sure you are particularly active and not just sitting on your **** moaning and generally patronising people.

As for the OP - thank God people like you weren't around when the NHS was invented. `Oh what's the point, it will all be fukked up by MRSI and PFI and...`

You remind me of Eeyore (sp?)

Everyone on this site knows what is meant by sheeple. By the very act of being here 90% have demonstrated they are not entirely willing to be led into believing everything they are told. I admit I used sheeple herer to try and get a little response. But then again it is a fine example of people getting all worked up about some big moral issue whilst happily ignoring the bigger picture. A bit like 'Paedo-geddon' all over again.

For the record I've been on 3 marches in recent years. 1 worked 2 didn't. G20 demo?! bunch of students with nothing better to do!

HOLA444
The big deal is that there is effectively no law in operation in this country anymore which applies to us all.

We are lorded over by thieves who make laws which are designed to grind you down while allowing them to be exempt from them. They bail out their masters in the banks with our money. You have no say or choice. You, your children and theirs will have to pay for it.

You are traced, tracked and registered everywhere you go. If you step out of line you are likely to be fined or imprisoned. They won't be. They can kill someone on a motorway while using the phone and get let off. Try not paying your tribute to them (council tax) and see what happens. They of course can bill their taxes to expenses.

If you demonstrate there's every chance you will be cornered and beaten to death by a policeman.

It's really a big deal.

On the nail!