House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Pmq On Wednesday, How Will They Ignore The Anger

In normal circumstances the opposition would be all over the govt over the MP's expenses, however they can't because they are all greedy piggy scum with their snouts in the trough of taxpayer cash.

So how will Brown / Cameron handle PMQ's this week.

Will MP's expenses just be completely ignored and the subject not discussed?

Will both agree that the expenses systems needs radical overhauling whilst agreeing that all MP's have acted with good conduct and within the "rules"?

Could Cameron for once grow a set of balls and blind side Brown and just admit all MP's have been having a field day at the expense of the taxpaper and apologise for it and insist MP's pay back the money?

Personally I feel we'll be treated to the sight of Brown / Cameron blaming everyone else and no one has committed any fraud and the House does it best for the people and MP's are guilty of nothing, although I do think it's possible they'll just not mention it.

So what lameness do you expect at next weeks PMQ's?

It really depends on what ammunition the Labour spin machine has on the Tories.

Tit-for-tat.

It will get really nasty though. Seems that our precious 'British' political system has gone all American...what with the posturing, name-calling, negative media campaigns. I say good, it beats bloody Britain's Got No-Talent and Corrie.

They grin usually. Probably imagine theyre on a beach somewhere being spanked by cheap whores.

I guess once theyre through with that they might find something to cry racism over or go off on some rant about Thatcherite economics.

More likely, they wont do anything as they all are guilty.

because they're all at it i think there'll be a bit of a 'gentleman's agreement' - ie no one will name names and all the parties will say its a bad thing and needs reviewing - ie they'll try and brush it under the carpet and you know what i think theyll get away with it

lets try and get joanna lumley on our side - we might have a chance then!

Easy to ignore because they are

Extraordinary people

Hazel Blears has just said so herself on the World at One, R4

"what we need to do is get together a group of ordinary people" to help work out a fair expenses system.

They have forgotten it is called the House of Commons for a reason.

In normal circumstances the opposition would be all over the govt over the MP's expenses, however they can't because they are all greedy piggy scum with their snouts in the trough of taxpayer cash.

So how will Brown / Cameron handle PMQ's this week.

Will MP's expenses just be completely ignored and the subject not discussed?

Will both agree that the expenses systems needs radical overhauling whilst agreeing that all MP's have acted with good conduct and within the "rules"?

Could Cameron for once grow a set of balls and blind side Brown and just admit all MP's have been having a field day at the expense of the taxpaper and apologise for it and insist MP's pay back the money?

Personally I feel we'll be treated to the sight of Brown / Cameron blaming everyone else and no one has committed any fraud and the House does it best for the people and MP's are guilty of nothing, although I do think it's possible they'll just not mention it.

I would hope that the next 12 months are good ones for the libs.

Guest มร หล&#3

Extraordinary people

"what we need to do is get together a group of ordinary people" to help work out a fair expenses system.

That's right my old mush, they'll simply ignore it.

Like they have for the past, well at least 10 years.

Madness!

Extraordinary people

i'm ordinary, i will sort it for them

no second home allowance or claiming for any white goods

payment for justifiable out of pocket expenses incurred during the execution of the job and on receipt of expenses

that's it

Guest มร หล&#3
i'm ordinary, i will sort it for them

no second home allowance or claiming for any white goods

payment for justifiable out of pocket expenses incurred during the execution of the job and on receipt of expenses

that's it

Perhaps just leave it at that?

I would expect Nick Clegg (LibDems) to go in heavy on the expenses issue.

David Cameron will probably waffle on about"Boom and Bust"

Guest UK Debt Slave

Haven't you answered your own question?

Edited by UK Debt Slave

If anyone mentions it you will hear the leader of sty..err house say "order! order! the not so honourable member is snout of order! any more truffle from the member will not be tolerated, the prime "pork in a tin! minister must be allowed to dodge the question.

I'm expecting an urgent crisis demanding Gordon's immediate departure overseas, round about 2pm on Tuesday, while gibbering 'It wasnae me, a big boy did it an ran awa'

Cameron can afford to sack a few of his worst offenders and make a claim for the moral high ground at pmqs. He has history in this area. When Derek Conway was caught with his snout in the trough Cameron sacked him without hesitation. Zanu Labour present such a large slow moving target on this issue the Tories can take a few casualties rubbing their faces in it.

Cameron can afford to sack a few of his worst offenders and make a claim for the moral high ground at pmqs. He has history in this area. When Derek Conway was caught with his snout in the trough Cameron sacked him without hesitation. Zanu Labour present such a large slow moving target on this issue the Tories can take a few casualties rubbing their faces in it.

Could Cameron force a few of the worst offending Tories to resign there seats?

Never understood the point of expenses system myself. Everyone else working in London doesn't get it, their higher London wages are expected to cover it.

If they need more money, raise the salary by £20k or so and be done with it. Better to be honest about it rather than covering up a web of taxpayer-funded fiddles.

Edited by DementedTuna

Never understood the point of expenses system myself. Everyone else working in London doesn't get it, their higher London wages are expected to cover it.

If they need more money, raise the salary by £20k or so and be done with it. Better to be honest about it rather than covering up a web of taxpayer-funded fiddles.

You dont understand the point of Expenses? Expenses are supposed to pay for aditional costs incurred by a job, pretty common in lots of jobs.

If your a business man travelling on business you can claim for all your food travel and living accomodation when your away... Its pretty standard. Obviously MPS have taken the piss a bit. IMHO 20k would cover it, MPs spend more on travel, accomodation, entertaining, food, stationary, staff than 20k Per year. Your only need to look at average MPs expenses to see that to keep the current burn rate they all need a pay rise of at least 100k!

Expenses are used as a perk by lots of people in the business world (especially contractors)

Edited by moosetea

because they're all at it i think there'll be a bit of a 'gentleman's agreement' - ie no one will name names and all the parties will say its a bad thing and needs reviewing - ie they'll try and brush it under the carpet and you know what i think theyll get away with it

I can't see how you can say that "they're all at it" when hardly anything has been said about opposition party MPs.

Do you really think that Conservatives would behave in such an immoral way? I'd have thought Conservative MPs would be the last to indulge in such behaviour. Wouldn't you?

I can't see how you can say that "they're all at it" when hardly anything has been said about opposition party MPs.

Do you really think that Conservatives would behave in such an immoral way? I'd have thought Conservative MPs would be the last to indulge in such behaviour. Wouldn't you?

Er no.

Piggies go oink. Whether they be red piggies or blue piggies. They are piggies nonetheless.

Could Cameron force a few of the worst offending Tories to resign there seats?

He doesnt have the power to do that. Only the electorate can sack a sitting MP. Cameron can deny them the whip and see that they dont stand as a Conservative candidate next time. Thats what he did to Conway.