House Price Crash Forum

Looking up the expense claims of your local MP and writing to the local papers about them (free and paid)

Do it.

Or write about house prices being insane. or private rents killing the UK's economy.

And then facebook/digg.stumble/comment etc all the news articles you can find.

Every day up until the June elections is a day to try and get the court of public opinion firmly on our side.

Do it. every little hpc helps.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking up the expense claims of your local MP and writing to the local papers about them (free and paid)

Do it.

Or write about house prices being insane. or private rents killing the UK's economy.

Every day up until the June elections is a day to try and get the court of public opinion firmly on our side.

Ah yes, the actions of many a desperate extremist fringe group.

Won't help though. :lol:

i know where mine lives... i'd like to masquerade as his gardener and mow the word 'parasite' into his lawn

They have a good range of lawn fertlisier at poundshop. You could emboss his lawn rather than mow.

You need to know when the google maps plain is coming over again

:)

Ah yes, the actions of many a desperate extremist fringe group.

Won't help though. :lol:

The "desperate extremist fringe group" are those who cannot yet believe that fundamental economic realities are going to overwhelm the previous easy money made by borrowing to buy property.

No matter how much they dream to the contrary, the Perpetual Brownian Motion Machine has broken down and will not be restarted in our lifetimes.

The "desperate extremist fringe group" are those who cannot yet believe that fundamental economic realities are going to overwhelm the previous easy money made by borrowing to buy property.

No matter how much they dream to the contrary, the Perpetual Brownian Motion Machine has broken down and will not be restarted in our lifetimes.

Yep. Two reports in a week stating the market is now within 6% to 8% of the bottom.

Population projected to increase by 12 million within 30 years.

Almost ZERO housebuilding happening now.

And prices expected to increase to 2007 levels within a few short years, on their way to unimaginable heights over the next 15 to 20 as the massive population increase happens.

Oh, and a Tory government on their way in, with all the incumbent free market, wealth creating policies that will entail.

You are delusional if you think prices have anywhere to go but up, and massively so, over the mid to long term.

Edited by HAMISH_MCTAVISH
Yep. Two reports in a week stating the market is now within 6% to 8% of the bottom.

And prices expected to increase to 2007 levels within a few short years, on their way to unimaginable heights over the next 15 to 20 as the massive population increase happens.

Oh, and a Tory government on their way in, with all the incumbent free market, wealth creating policies that will entail.

You are delusional if you think prices have anywhere to go but up, and massively so, over the mid to long term.

aww aren't they cute when they go into incoherent ramping mode, with their little arms waving excitedly and everything

*pinch cheek*

In the long term we are all dead (to paraphrase a well known economist).

For most of us, the decisions that we take which impact our lives over a 2 to 5 year time horizon have a much more significant impact on our lives than mid to long term decisions, especially when the impact is magnified by liquidity constraints.

To paraphase a well known economist (again), markets can remain irrational much longer than we can remain solvent.

This applies both on the way up and on the way down. People who fought the bubble generally suffered from 2002 to 2007. People who fight the collapse will probably suffer at least equally from 2008 to 2013.

We all think of the Great Crash as being in 1929. It is worthwhile remembering that more wealth was destroyed in 1932 than in 1929 to 1931 combined. These are still early days.

So where's the money to fuel this price boom going to come from Hamish? Your ****? You do understand the need for the money to come from somewhere don't you?

Yep. Two reports in a week stating the market is now within 6% to 8% of the bottom.Population projected to increase by 12 million within 30 years.

LuckyOne reports that all of this talk of rising house prices is making him tired and that he is going to bed. He expects to have a dream that prices are going to drop by a further 30% from peak prices.

This dream is as credible as the two reports that you quoted stating that prices are within 6% to 8% of the bottom so the average of the three reports is now calling for a further 15% drop from peak prices.

LuckyOne expects that others will have credible dreams too bringing the average of all reports closer to another 25% drop from peak prices in addition to the 20% that we have already experienced.

I've always been really clear about my VI.

I own property.

In that case I apologise, I knew you had a house but didn't think you were BTL / Amateur BTL.

If you had a house your interest would presumably be in prices dropping in order that you could trade up more easily and that your children (if/when) could afford to purchase something themselves.

If you own a "portfolio" then I could see why you would be concerned that prices rise again quickly, especially if you are highly leveraged.

You might still be concerned that high house prices would not be good for the general population or health of the economy.. but I could understand that this might not concern you.

Care to share with us details of these reports? Hell, why not start a new thread for us to debate. [Edit to add: I see which ones you are refering to, RB and Lloyds press releases]

Edited by libspero

Do it.

Good post SarahBell: +1

You do understand that as soon as prices turn, funding will flood into the market [MOD EDIT - OBJECTIONAL REMARK REMOVED FROM QUOTE]....... :rolleyes:

So your **** it is then. :rolleyes:

You either really don't understand why our financial markets got into so much trouble, ignore simple facts in the interest of winding us up or you have some form of amnesia.

I think you need to go back to the posts from late summer '07 onwards and have a read about how this all started... although you might find it all a little complicated. Tip have a search for "RMBS", "turd", "tranche", "SIV" and "CDO"

Perhaps then you wont have to resort to distasteful analogies and hyperbole to make your ridiculous claims and will be able to actually describe to us the mechanisms that will allow your wet dream to come true

You man are a fool

Hamish here is some simple logic that hopefully you can follow:

early 2000's: financial engineers create a load of derivatives (MBS, CDS, RMBS etc etc) that somehow "do away" with risk

2000-2007: aforementioned risk is reduced massively in cost as people believe the financial engineers, this lowering of risk encourages laxer lending standards fueling a massive boom in house prices.

2007: everyone realises the emperor has no clothes, and that actually the risk never disappeared. derivatives are seen for the sham they always were. house prices crash. THESE DERIVATIVES WILL NEVER COME BACK ON THE SAME SCALE AS BEFORE.

2007> house prices readjust to a market where liar loans, 8x salary mortgages, mortgages for dogs, mortgages for people called Hamish who live in a box ARE NO LONGER, AND NEVER WILL BE, AVAILABLE AGAIN. as a result house prices revert to a reasonable mean of around 4x salary.

hope this helps.

Do it.

Its highly unlikely that my local paper will publish what I found, as it is deeply unpopular and goes against everything that the paper stands for.

It turns out my local MP claimed the minimum on everything except second home allowance, and as a new MP in 1997 he has been steadily reducing the amount he claims on his second home allowance as his 2nd mortgage decreases.

If they where all like him there would be no issue.

Its highly unlikely that my local paper will publish what I found, as it is deeply unpopular and goes against everything that the paper stands for.

It turns out my local MP claimed the minimum on everything except second home allowance, and as a new MP in 1997 he has been steadily reducing the amount he claims on his second home allowance as his 2nd mortgage decreases.

If they where all like him there would be no issue.

Those that have not been milking the system don't deserve praise... this is WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING.

Do the police come to my house and say "well done Mr Squeak, you haven't defrauded your employer this year"

I don't want anything distracting the public's attention from what has been going on... especially people doing what is EXPECTED of them

<_<

Edited by Bubble&Squeak
You do understand that as soon as prices turn, funding will flood into the market faster [MOD EDIT OBJECTIONABLE REMARK REMOVED FROM QUOTE]....... :rolleyes:

That would be because it's all worked out so very well this time?

As in the banking system collapsing to the the tune of needing a trillion pounds worth of support from the taxpayer.

We've got to pay that back yet, where are all these funds going to come from?

I don't want anything distracting the public's attention from what has been going on... especially people doing what is EXPECTED of them

<_<

Including the facts?

That a majority of MP's do not abuse the system, even if a majority of the current cabinet do.

Making this appear to be a systemic issue, is a nice way to let individuals off the hook.