House Price Crash Forum

Island For Sale - £1.25million

Anyone remember the ITV children's series "Rogues Rock"?

Very little available on the web about it but from memory it was about a small island off the UK that declared independence from 70s, strife-ridden Britain. The series followed the problems they encountered (shades of "Passport to Plimlico").

Guest Skinty

If I was a billionaire, I'd:

- Buy it

- Erect a huge black dome on it

- Have guards patrolling it

- Have a constant supply of boats going to and from it in the middle of the night

Wouldn't actually use it for anything but the rumours it would generate would be fantastic!

Guest มร หล&#3

- Buy it

- Have a constant supply of boats going to and from it in the middle of the night

Wouldn't actually use it for anything but the rumours it would generate would be fantastic!

I can find the Chinese Junk and definitely the Thai midget

Sounds good. 2km square by the looks of things. Thats 200 hectares.

If everyone gets a hectare that's an entry cost of £6250 each.

Then we build a freeport...

We could launch a gold backed currency and call it "The Sibley".Mr Parry can be our ambassador to Asia."Our man in Thailand".

Anyone entering will be searched and if found to be trying to smuggle in a printing press will suffer this fate,

Guest มร หล&#3
We could launch a gold backed currency and call it "The Sibley".Mr Parry can be our ambassador to Asia."Our man in Thailand".

Anyone entering will be searched and if found to be trying to smuggle in a printing press will suffer this fate,

I've got a Thai midget (sister-in-law) and a Junk (pick-up truck).

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I've got a Thai midget (sister-in-law) and a Junk (pick-up truck).

I suppose I could run the island hospital.

I reckon all I need is a hacksaw, rum, and some rope.

If you want anything else, you'll have to pay tax.

Then we build a freeport...

If it is not subject to planning ,£6250 for one hectare building plot is a good deal ,This is what every one on this site is looking for? .count me in.

- Buy it

Turn it into Fantasy Island.

039_20026.jpg

I'm sure Mr. Parry has a white suit, and p.p. can say "look Boss, de plane".

In fact, don't we have a Mr. Rourke on here already?

For my fantasy, I'd like to be shown round a decent house that I can actually afford without crippling debts.

Fantasy Buy-land in fact.

Guest มร หล&#3
Turn it into Fantasy Island.

039_20026.jpg

I'm sure Mr. Parry has a white suit, and p.p. can say "look Boss, de plane".

In fact, don't we have a Mr. Rourke on here already?

For my fantasy, I'd like to be shown round a decent house that I can actually afford without crippling debts.

Fantasy Buy-land in fact.

No but I've got a lovely John Rochas suit.

2km square by the looks of things. Thats 200 hectares.

********! That wee thing is less than 15 acres. That's little more than 3 hectares.

The asking price of £86,206 per acre is nuts. You won't be allowed to erect any permanent structures on it and you wouldn't even be allowed to grow a decent crop of potatoes either.

Thre only use for the place would be to stake the likes of Gorm Broon, Ali D, Shreddie Goodwin, Tom McPillock et al to some rockbolts and let the seagulls peck their eyes out.

Edited by Bjørn

sorry to be the picky but someone's gotta do it...

2km square = 4 square kilometres = 400 hectares...

however the wikipedia link says its 14.5 acres which is a little under 6 hectares, so £210,000 a hectare, count me out!!

Guest LongBlackKilt
They're a lovely bunch a' people . . . but Geezus . . . can you imagine the arguments?

Well, the one about global warming and sea level rise would at least be relevant.

Meanwhile, as I read the papers, I'm thinking there's more and more to be said for the idea of synchronised clubbing.

[P.S. What happened to that fortified island off Portsmouth [?] that was for sale?]

I would be more inclined to put an offer in for the Isle of Craro listed at 65k. As this other atricle wriiten in 03 says it was to be thrown in free as a sweetener if you bought a gaff in Ghia. It is in a very nice part of the world

This enchanting 8-acre private island is located just off the SW coast of the Isle of Gigha, Inner Hebrides. The surrounding waters are home to seals and much bird life, with dolphins passing by regularly. The island is virtually untouched by people, yet important part of local folklore.

12 June 2003

By JOHN ROSS

AN ISLAND community is to reverse recent trends by offering to sell part of the land in its control to a private buyer who will acquire a historic title into the bargain.

Residents who bought Gigha last year from a private landlord, are trying to increase interest in their largest property, which is up for sale, by throwing in an island for free.

The ten-acre, uninhabited Craro Island, which is a haven for seabirdADVERTISEMENT s, was acquired as part of the deal to take over the 3,447-acre island of Gigha last year.

Craro%20Sunset%20darker.jpg

Would it be possible to buy the island, divide it up and sell it in smaller £5000 chunks to "investors".

One could double or trebble your money.

Savy investors get their own framed certificate of land ownership, and exclusive Imperial Sully Stamp.

Guest LongBlackKilt
Would it be possible to buy the island, divide it up and sell it in smaller £5000 chunks to "investors".

One could double or trebble your money.

Savy investors get their own framed certificate of land ownership, and exclusive Imperial Sully Stamp.

It's always possible to divide an island into two or three parts. But then I would say that.

The ten-acre, uninhabited Craro Island, which is a haven for seabirdADVERTISEMENT

I suppose they do a lot of drops?