House Price Crash Forum
Guest KingCharles1st

Mps' Expenses Scandal -

Suggestion is that they are paid a salary reflecting they only work about 8 months of the year and a flat rate rent allowance (I bet we will she HPI falling then)

and according to Tory MP Eric Pickles their working week finishes at 7pm each Wednesday.

I just can't believe the amount of 'honest mistakes' all these MPs have made.

I mean sure it's easy to claim for a mortgage that doesn't exist for 2 years, and i hope that the police will be as understanding when i attempt to do the same and offer to pay it back.

:unsure:

and according to Tory MP Eric Pickles their working week finishes at 7pm each Wednesday.

This suggests it's true.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...tting-room.html

Sir Paul Beresford, a Conservative MP who works up to three days a week as a dentist, designated his west London property, which includes his surgery, as his second home on his parliamentary allowances.

Guest sillybear2

"Sir Paul Beresford, a Conservative MP who works up to three days a week as a dentist, designated his west London property, which includes his surgery, as his second home on his parliamentary allowances."

Checky sod, double extraction. :angry:

"Sir Paul Beresford, a Conservative MP who works up to three days a week as a dentist, designated his west London property, which includes his surgery, as his second home on his parliamentary allowances."

Checky sod, double extraction. :angry:

:lol:

Absolutely. Surely the real scandal is that it's perceived as a part time job, a doddle for unqualifieds along with their pet parrots and nannies. Reform of expenses misses the point.

ps. Did you mean, 'chequey sod' ?

I posted my letter and her reply earlier and deleted it when I got cold feet. She would know who I am if she ever looked on here. Could I get into trouble for posting her letter on a forum? Anyone know?

Could be, she might search google "house price crash dangerous woman" as I just did, and look at the cache version.

This is my MP. We are on the underground, so why the ****** does she need a second home? I didn't when I worked in London, although a free house in Battersea would be nice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...s-expenses.html

Edited for stupidly forgetting link while partially blinded by red mist

Cheryl Gillan may not have the wit to search the internet in that way, plus you've not published the letter, only expressed the fact that you found her response unacceptable.

Internet is a tricky thing, especially the way google goes round hoovering up caches of websites. Best not to post anything controversial!

Edited by Optobear

and the gold standard of cheating, crookery and fraud is claiming for something that never happened e.g mortgage payments that stopped years ago.

Pure profit, totally tax free.

House of Lords and Lord Rennard - he claimed £40k according to BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8061588.stm

According to House of Lords website http://www.parliament.uk/about_lords/holal...planatory08.cfm

Members of the House of Lords (except those in receipt of a salary as a Minister, Office Holder or Lord of Appeal in Ordinary), are entitled to recover travel, subsistence and office costs incurred in connection with their Parliamentary duties.

Ministers and Office Holders are able to recover Secretarial Expenses incurred in respect of their Parliamentary duties. In addition, the Lord Speaker, Chairman of Committees, the Principal Deputy Chairman of Committees, Leader of the Opposition and Opposition Chief Whip may be reimbursed personal travelling expenses from home to the House of Lords. The Lord Speaker, Chairman and Deputy Chairman of Committees are also eligible for an allowance paid by the House with salary for the costs of maintaining a second home in London for the purposes of attending the House. Ministers who are unpaid are entitled to reclaim their expenses under category A.

Here is his biography:

http://biographies.parliament.uk/parliamen...lt.asp?id=26623

No mention that he is in any of those categories (unless he is Leader of the Opposition for the LDs in the Lords?). So how come he claims expenses? We can't even throw him out at an election.

Time for an election to throw out all the commons and then a further reform by the new commons to throw out the Lords who've claimed too.

Edited by Optobear

Could be, she might search google "house price crash dangerous woman" as I just did, and look at the cache version.

Cheryl Gillan may not have the wit to search the internet in that way, plus you've not published the letter, only expressed the fact that you found her response unacceptable.

Internet is a tricky thing, especially the way google goes round hoovering up caches of websites. Best not to post anything controversial!

This is just what I was afraid of as I like being anonymous. I don't think the letter is contoversial, merely arrogant and condescending. Typical of their attitude to us, the proles who vote for them. I don't think computer literacy is her forte as the link she mentioned in her letter "has yet to materialise". Thankyou Grant Bovey, for the quote.

However, I have a cunning plan Milord. Will keep you "posted". (Did you see what I did there?)

Guest sillybear2
I was thinking of voting Conservative for about the first time ever till I heard the interview on this page ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8062205.stm

I know, what an utter, utter, stupid odious c**t, it's idiots like him that made/make the Tories unelectable for over a decade.

I don't give two hoots about his pile, but he clearly is unable to actually afford the place as he expects the tax payer to pay for its upkeep. If he wants to install a 60ft chocolate fountain in his grounds with his own money then good luck to him, I don't give a stuff, however if he's requesting public money then we damn well have every right to know what he intends to use it for. What right do we have? Odious f****r, if he wants to keep these things private then there's a very simple way of doing that, USE YOUR OWN MONEY!

At least the other crooks in Parliament are actually ashamed and embarrassed about getting caught and try and run away from the media like naughty children, this guy is right off the scale, he's so corrupt and patronising of the general public he's oblivious to the truth. In many ways you have to admire his stupidity, I wonder how many other MP's will out themselves in such a supercilious fashion? It looks like the Tory party has found its very own Fred Goodwin.

Edited by sillybear2

I will be voting for Alan B'stard after his comments today....."He also announces he's launching a new political party and returning to public life. "I think there's only one possible name: The Honesty Party. Will I be leader? Of course not. I intend to auction the leadership to the highest bidder."

Total claims 2005-08 (excluding travel)

Liam Byrne £ 478,536 LABOUR

Joan Ryan £ 469,893 LABOUR

Dan Norris £ 450,985 LABOUR

Shahid Malik £ 446,314 LABOUR

Charlotte Atkins £ 443,244 LABOUR

David Wilshire £ 438,377 TORY

Tom Levitt £ 436,686 LABOUR

Diana Johnson £ 436,632 LABOUR

Fabian Hamilton £ 435,999 LABOUR

Jacqui Smith £ 434,909 LABOUR

Margaret Moran £ 434,456 LABOUR

Ian Austin £ 434,409 LABOUR

A. Rosindell £ 434,149 TORY

Andrew George £ 434,062 LIBDEM

Dawn Butler £ 433,865 LABOUR

Roger Godsiff £ 433,298 LABOUR

Tim Farron £ 433,260 LABOUR

Peter Hain £ 431,905 LABOUR

Norman Lamb £ 431,683 LIBDEM

S. Hesford £ 431,527 LABOUR

15/20.....................Labour!

"Things can only get better" if you're a Labour politician that is.

Courtesy of oldholborn blogspot:

http://bastardoldholborn.blogspot.com/2009...-troughers.html

Edited by OLDFTB

And to think this on top of their wages.

Throw in a few outside interests.

Add on a conveyor belt of MPs turning up on the telly to try and justify everything.

Elections around the corner.

It does not look good for them does it.

Good bit of partisan Labour bashing. And a complete load of bolllox.

It takes no account of whether the expenses were genuine or not. So someone claiming £400,000 in legitimate expenses is worse than someone fraudulently claiming £390,000 to have a non-existent Rolls Royce cleaned. :rolleyes:

Edited by Cygnus Alpha