House Price Crash Forum
Guest KingCharles1st

Mps' Expenses Scandal -

ok, so MPs, the police and various other statists threaten you/your family with incarceration if you don't pay their protection money ("tax").

an MP then uses £2000 of this stolen money to have his moat cleaned.

what difference does it make whether this £2000 is labeled as 'salary' or 'expenses'?

It appears quite a lot if your the taxman.

Guest sillybear2
ok, so MPs, the police and various other statists threaten you/your family with incarceration if you don't pay their protection money ("tax").

an MP then uses £2000 of this stolen money to have his moat cleaned.

what difference does it make whether this £2000 is labeled as 'salary' or 'expenses'?

Because allocating it as an expense means you don't have to pay your fellow thieves at HMRC ~50% of your income, you don't want to be contributing to your own salary do you? I would be like a dog chasing its own tail. Expenses and allowances are a 'direct extraction' out of the public purse and straight into their pockets, much like a pikey that tarmacs drives for cash in hand.

Sugestion:

MPs salaries are paid by central funds.

MPs expenses are paid by their constituents, but only after they have voted on them, having seen the details. - A brave MP who would get him moat cleared at the expense of his/her electorate!

At least he's not feathering his own nest

These people are so stupid they can not even put together a half decent fraudulent claim and cover their tracks. :rolleyes:

Sugestion:

MPs salaries are paid by central funds.

MPs expenses are paid by their constituents, but only after they have voted on them, having seen the details. - A brave MP who would get him moat cleared at the expense of his/her electorate!

Suggestion is that they are paid a salary reflecting they only work about 8 months of the year and a flat rate rent allowance (I bet we will she HPI falling then)

I just got an unbelievably rude letter from my MP. I had the temerity to query her expenses. It just goes to show the utter contempt in which they hold us.

Aren't you going to tell us what was said and who was the MP in question?

Aren't you going to tell us what was said and who was the MP in question?

I posted my letter and her reply earlier and deleted it when I got cold feet. She would know who I am if she ever looked on here. Could I get into trouble for posting her letter on a forum? Anyone know?

There were some conspiracy theory posts on this thread earlier wondering whether there was an agenda to the DT's revelations.

Given Cameron's speed in his response, the speed with which Conservative MPs are stepping down, and that they are largely 'older grandees', I have been wondering if the inevitable collateral damage to the Conservatives was considered worthwhile as it would provide a mechanism to get new blood into safe seats for the upcoming election.

(this post is probably a pointless thought exercise on my behalf)

Those interested in Margaret Moran MP might like to see the latest instlament from our investigative reporter. newest first: MARGARET MORAN MP – THE TRILOGY.

For light entertainment. From Der Standard, translation by Google: Parliament’s President Martin Announces Resignation of.

I posted my letter and her reply earlier and deleted it when I got cold feet. She would know who I am if she ever looked on here. Could I get into trouble for posting her letter on a forum? Anyone know?

No, you won't get into trouble. Both your letter to her and her reply to you are your property.

You can do what you wish with them.

No, you won't get into trouble. Both your letter to her and her reply to you are your property.

You can do what you wish with them.

But she would still be able to figure out who I am; it wasn't a standard letter. I could PM it to you if you like.

Guest sillybear2
There were some conspiracy theory posts on this thread earlier wondering whether there was an agenda to the DT's revelations.

Given Cameron's speed in his response, the speed with which Conservative MPs are stepping down, and that they are largely 'older grandees', I have been wondering if the inevitable collateral damage to the Conservatives was considered worthwhile as it would provide a mechanism to get new blood into safe seats for the upcoming election.

(this post is probably a pointless thought exercise on my behalf)

It's a question of divided loyalties, the DT decided to publish and be damned, straight MP's that are in the game for the right reasons have nothing to fear. The Tories will do 'ok' regardless of this blow up, Labour's expenses are more egregious and play extremely badly with their voters, especially in poorer areas that are really feeling the full blunt of the recession. Cameron's firm response is simply down to the fact he responded quickly to the real sense of anger out there, whilst Brown did his usual out of touch too-little-too-late catch up routine to any crisis he faces, Cameron has come across as the better leader. The grandees are in safe seats anyway, aside from their sorry ar$es the wider electoral impact is minimal, it's a chance to clear out the old wood.

The only conspiracy is in the fact this data should have been in the public domain years ago, but Dickhead Martin decided to fight the Freedom of Information requests all the way up to the High Court, wasting £2m of public money fighting an unwinnable case. Thus this data gained currency and has leaked out in the most damaging and uncontrolled fashion, inflicting the most casualties as possible, call it natural justice if you will.

The truth will always out.

Edited by sillybear2

But she would still be able to figure out who I am; it wasn't a standard letter. I could PM it to you if you like.

It wouldn't matter if she could figure out who you are - you are entitled to publish any letter she writes to you since it is your property.

But if you are still concerned, I'd be interested to read it via PM. Although my preference is that you disclose it for all on HPC to see. Don't forget, transparency is our biggest weapon against this crowd of fraudsters. If you keep letters from your MP secret, you are in some way colluding with them to keep their nefarious affairs secret. And I assure you, you are totally within your rights to do what you will with the letter she sent you - it is your property - so publish and be damned!

Edited to add:

Of course, if it contains personal information that you would prefer not to disclose on a public website, just edit out those bits.

Edit 2: To further reassure you, just remember all those letters Princess Di sent to James Hewitt. Whose property were they? Hewitt's, of course! And all the other letters that Princess Di sent to all and sundry are the property of the addressees. How, otherwise, do you think we have auctions of letters from famous people like Winston Churchill, for instance? It's because they were kept by the addressees because they BELONGED to the addressees, and were subsequently sold at auction.

Edited by Methinkshe

Guest anorthosite
I just got an unbelievably rude letter from my MP. I had the temerity to query her expenses. It just goes to show the utter contempt in which they hold us.

Can you sell it to a national newspaper? ;)

Edit: Actually here's an idea, maybe we should all write to our MPs about their expenses, then start a site with scans of the letters!

Edited by anorthosite

Edit: Actually here's an idea, maybe we should all write to our MPs about their expenses, then start a site with scans of the letters!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. It's easy enough to do on theyworkforyou (although they clearly think they don't).

Good idea! Dangerous Woman, if the letter really is as rude and unreasonable as you intimate, it could interest one of the tabloids and you could turn the tables on your MP and make some money out of him/her - that would make a change from them fleecing us.

However, if you want to sell to a newspaper, best not disclose here - it would kinda ruin the exclusivity!

The only conspiracy is in the fact this data should have been in the public domain years ago, but Dickhead Martin decided to fight the Freedom of Information requests all the way up to the High Court, wasting £2m of public money fighting an unwinnable case. Thus this data gained currency and has leaked out in the most damaging and uncontrolled fashion, inflicting the most casualties as possible, call it natural justice if you will.

The truth will always out.

I was listening to the wireless last week and heard an interview with one of the legal team for the US journolist who made the FOI request. One of the things they were discussing was the court case and being awarded fees in the case. The parliament legal team said they shouldn't have to pay fees as their case was so poor they were bound to lose and the other legal team knew that at the start. Therefore they shouldn't have to pay! You couldn't make it up.

I'll try to find a link/story behind it.

Guest sillybear2
I was listening to the wireless last week and heard an interview with one of the legal team for the US journolist who made the FOI request. One of the things they were discussing was the court case and being awarded fees in the case. The parliament legal team said they shouldn't have to pay fees as their case was so poor they were bound to lose and the other legal team knew that at the start. Therefore they shouldn't have to pay! You couldn't make it up.

I'll try to find a link/story behind it.

Actually Dickhead Martin tried to call Heather Brooke's bluff by appealing, he believed Heather would back down when faced with being personally liable for costs should they lose, but the team managed to arrange legal insurance indemnifying her, so Martin miscalculated and thought he was being clever, which just goes to show what a cowardly bully he is. Same applies to the MP's who voted to exclude themselves from the FOI act, f****g crooks, trying to use public money and the courts to cover up their fraudulent behaviour, then trying to change the law in their personal favour.

It's above party politics, it's about getting a bunch of crooks out of public life, regardless of the values they pretend to espouse at election time, or the colour of rosette they wear, such people only seek to represent and enrich themselves. They belong in clink where they wouldn't even have the vote, let alone the right to call themselves "honourable" members.

Edited by sillybear2

Because allocating it as an expense means you don't have to pay your fellow thieves at HMRC ~50% of your income, you don't want to be contributing to your own salary do you? I would be like a dog chasing its own tail. Expenses and allowances are a 'direct extraction' out of the public purse and straight into their pockets, much like a pikey that tarmacs drives for cash in hand.

and the gold standard of cheating, crookery and fraud is claiming for something that never happened e.g mortgage payments that stopped years ago.

Pure profit, totally tax free.

Edited by billybong