House Price Crash Forum

Bbc News Is Now Banned In My House

Guest pioneer31

I think we all know that the BBC journalism has barely progressed beyond Beano standards. It's demonstrated by their inability to balance the HPI argument - they always wheel on just one person (a VI no less) who is given free air time to ramp, whilst much of the "negative" news (positive to you and me) is quashed. Add to that a journo who looks bewildered by the whole affair and would be better placed to present a show like the X factor

Maybe you think that balancing an argument is not always necessary - I mean you wouldn't need to debate the dangers of say, disease would you?

Let's take Swine Flu. Is that a subject that needs balancing? The BBC thinks so.

In the blue corner we have Dr Rosemary Leonard GP, in the red corner Kelvin McKenzie, a newspaper salesman (or 'Editor' as they're sometimes known). So we have a discussion between a qualified medic (OK, I know they don't know everything) and some fat windbag who sells rags. For christ sake!!

So the BBC think that Swine Flu is a matter of opinion?, which requires a "for" and "against" argument, whereas the housing market is an absolute science - there really is nothing to quibble about! There really is only ONE point of view! :rolleyes:

The BBC are an effing joke. Why don't they just plaster a logo on their channels "Auntie Loves HPI"

I hope if Cameron gets in and he has to introduce savage cuts (which he probably will), the "News" arm of the beeb gets it first.

Utter s***e.

Edited by pioneer31
Guest X-QUORK

I do like a good telly rant, and if it ends in an arbitary banning of something, all the better. It brings out the feudal lord in a man, a harking back to the days when we made decisions and they were damn well obeyed.

Rational discussion? Meh.

From it's inception the BBC has given support to the Government of the day.

When it does attempt real journalism it is severely beaten back into line (David Kelly).

All the News Media is biased in favour of authority and power.

I gave up watching it years ago, though I don't mind the Euronews channel, which

has some interesting stories from time to time.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I do like a good telly rant, and if it ends in an arbitary banning of something, all the better. It brings out the feudal lord in a man, a harking back to the days when we made decisions and they were damn well obeyed.

Rational discussion? Meh.

Can I give you my tithes now, mister?

Guest pioneer31

The trouble is that the masses trust the BBC. Maybe long, long, ago it had reasonable standards.

Nowadays its just a bunch of pop tarts reading autocue and dimwits like Bill Turnbull who swallows every bit of guff fed to him.

The trouble is that the masses trust the BBC. Maybe long, long, ago it had reasonable standards.

Nowadays its just a bunch of pop tarts reading autocue and dimwits like Bill Turnbull who swallows every bit of guff fed to him.

They even turned Paxman into a pussycat :(

From it's inception the BBC has given support to the Government of the day.

Sorry but this is utter rubbish. If you watched the BBC during the Thatcher years you would see a relentless campaign.

Remember Tory Sleaze, a couple of them got laid, some back bencher took cash to ask a question. The BBC ran sleaze coverage every night for month after month.

Today we get Lords actually changing the law and the story is dropped after 1 day!!

Home secretaries stealing from the tax payer, dropped.

Minister claiming for his parents house, dropped.

The BBC is the media wing of the Labour Party, you would have to be a blind moron not to see that.

http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/

Edited by KingBingo
Sorry but this is utter rubbish. If you watched the BBC during the Thatcher years you would see a relentless campaign.

Remember Tory Sleaze, a couple of them got laid, some back bencher took cash to ask a question. The BBC ran sleaze coverage every night for month after month.

Today we get Lords actually changing the law and the story is dropped after 1 day!!

Home secretaries stealing from the tax payer, dropped.

Minister claiming for his parents house, dropped.

The BBC is the media wing of the Labour Party, you would have to be a blind moron not to see that.

http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/

James Naughty (Today Radio4) openly supports Labour. They, absolutely, would not allow a tory supporting presenter.

Guest Winnie

Very tight lipped coverage of the expenses row today - and an almost splenetic final sentence from the (Scottish female) reporter "Lord Mandelson says this is an attempt to Smeeeeearrrr the labour party"."

Oh yes, Marxist dialectic - turn the point made against you back against the opposition. Convoluted mind-games of the pathologically chippy.

I'm a liberal-lefty (NOT Labour!!) and even I agree that the BBC has a leftwing bias. I don't mind news outlets having bias one way or another, it is the pathetic standard of news I have a problem with. Stop all the emotional, personal interest crap and put on real news again! :blink:

People who saw the Joanna Lumley and Phil Woolas press conference unfold live yesterday might have been struck by how many BBC journalists there were there. There were two news presenters in the studio who kept switching back to James Lansdale at the press conference. In the background was Michael Crick from Newsnight and later on there was a glimpse of John Pienaar doing a piece for radio. All kinds of assorted cameramen and producers were milling around and then they switched back to the studio where the two newsreaders then got the reaction of yet another political correspondent.

I think it was Mark Thompson, head of the BBC, who commented that he was the focus of a news story once and was contacted by a journalist from ITN, a journalist from Channel 4 and 15 journalists from the BBC. Such bloated State-run inefficiency. No wonder we pay £3.5 billion in license fees for this rubbish.

I'm a liberal-lefty (NOT Labour!!) and even I agree that the BBC has a leftwing bias. I don't mind news outlets having bias one way or another, it is the pathetic standard of news I have a problem with. Stop all the emotional, personal interest crap and put on real news again! :blink:

I don't mind them being biased, I myself am biased. But then I don't get £3.5bn of taxpayer money and if anyone refuses throw them in jail.

The licence fee is indefensible. If they want to promote the Labour party do so on a commercial basis and not on my money.

The last time I watched BBC 6 o'clock news there was a parade of sing-song voices explaining the world in words of one syllable and a final "Bye-bye" from George Alagiah (? sp).

Bye-bye? From the world's self-styled premier broadcaster?

FFS. Bye-bloody-bye It was for me!

In the blue corner we have Dr Rosemary Leonard GP, in the red corner Kelvin McKenzie, a newspaper salesman (or 'Editor' as they're sometimes known). So we have a discussion between a qualified medic (OK, I know they don't know everything) and some fat windbag who sells rags. For christ sake!!

Actually, I thought he made some good points and I found the item quite refreshing.

He asked if it was better to keep the affected schools open so the pupils are not wandering around potentially spreading disease and the doctor replied that the children were on Tamiflu so would not be excreting the virus. If that's the case, then surely there is no problem with them going to school and it should remain open.

Of course she then did go on to concede that the children might not actually take it because it can cause unpleasant side effects.

Guest X-QUORK
my rating.

1. c4

2. bbc

3. sky news

4. c5

5. man in the pub

itv news

American news

I do like newsnight and news on bbc4 though.

+1, although I'm starting to think the Beeb is slipping behind C5. Still love a bit of Paxo on Newsnight, even if he is softening in his old age.

Guest AuntJess
Actually, I thought he made some good points and I found the item quite refreshing.

He asked if it was better to keep the affected schools open so the pupils are not wandering around potentially spreading disease and the doctor replied that the children were on Tamiflu so would not be excreting the virus. If that's the case, then surely there is no problem with them going to school and it should remain open.

Of course she then did go on to concede that the children might not actually take it because it can cause unpleasant side effects.

But the point is that you were given the chance to hear both sides. With housing its all doom and gloom 'co the prices are dropping, and fervent hopes that the housing ramp will continue its upward trend.

FFS :angry:

HPC is more likely to be banned in our house. Whenever I come out with some negative comments on the economy my other half is likely to say I've been spending too much time on "that silly House Price Crash website"!!! :lol:

Edited by blankster