House Price Crash Forum

Bbc News Is Now Banned In My House

Guest pioneer31

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
But the point is that you were given the chance to hear both sides. With housing its all doom and gloom 'co the prices are dropping, and fervent hopes that the housing ramp will continue its upward trend.

FFS :angry:

Yeah that 'both sides' things does my head in too.

CERN going to turn on new accelerator? Must hear the 'otherside' scientist are going to destroy the universe playing god with their evil machines...

Issac Newton figures out gravity? Must hear from the ethical consultant about abuse of apples in science...

HOLA444
I think we all know that the BBC journalism has barely progressed beyond Beano standards.

Last night's BBC News and Ten and Channel 4 News were a very, very good example of the BBC's low standards. I watched both back to back (one recorded) and you'd think you were living in a different country. The BBC was upbeat message, glossing over the problems with the banks and spinning the £50bn QE into 'extra money for the economy'. Channel 4 managed a critical analysis of the bank results and queried whether it was right to increase QE.

Watching the BBC is the equivalent of taking your daily 'be good' pill.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Is there even a difference between Labour and Tories? They and the BBC are all part of the same elite/establishment.

Yes, a massive one.

One of the Lefts most effective fall-back positions whenever they are totally indefensible is to then claim that 'they are all the same' Like Harperson is busy spinning today.

Every success the left take for themselves, every failure is collective.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest X-QUORK

I've never really bought the whole Beeb being lefty argument, but then I am a bit lefty so maybe I'm blind to it. On the other hand, I'd say Sky News is very much right wing...a Murdoch propoganda machine.

Sky is banned in our house.

HOLA4410
Yes, a massive one.

One of the Lefts most effective fall-back positions whenever they are totally indefensible is to then claim that 'they are all the same' Like Harperson is busy spinning today.

Every success the left take for themselves, every failure is collective.

There is no left or right where tories and labour are concerned. Any apparent difference is just appeasing voters with headline grabbing soundbites.

All politicians bleat about successes and blame others for failures.

HOLA4411
Guest pioneer31
The unelected Alistair Campbell destroyed him over Kelly. The referee should have stepped in to prevent unnecessary punishment.

corrected

Edited by pioneer31

HOLA4412
Guest pioneer31
Actually, I thought he made some good points and I found the item quite refreshing.

He asked if it was better to keep the affected schools open so the pupils are not wandering around potentially spreading disease and the doctor replied that the children were on Tamiflu so would not be excreting the virus. If that's the case, then surely there is no problem with them going to school and it should remain open.

Of course she then did go on to concede that the children might not actually take it because it can cause unpleasant side effects.

He's lucky that he was invited on.

If you're not a HPI VI, you'll not be getting an invite from Auntie.

HOLA4413
I've never really bought the whole Beeb being lefty argument, but then I am a bit lefty so maybe I'm blind to it. On the other hand, I'd say Sky News is very much right wing...a Murdoch propoganda machine.

Sky is banned in our house.

I think that Sky is right wing. The BBC is hideously biased - if you think the telly is bad try radio; they used to have a show with Julian Warrikker, Whatsherface Derbyshire and Charlie Whelan and it was basically take the p1ss out of the Tories non-stop, and not funny either, just "they really don't have a clue, do they?" level of stuff.

I'd have been offended even had they corresponded to my views, which are that I will vote for anyone who promises to get out of my face.

HOLA4414
my rating.

1. c4

2. bbc

3. sky news

4. c5

5. man in the pub

itv news

American news

I do like newsnight and news on bbc4 though.

Something that surprised me when we were in the States was how good some of their news and current affairs stuff actually is.

Can you show me a news channel in the UK which says half the stuff that CNBC or Bloomberg do about the economy?

HOLA4415
Something that surprised me when we were in the States was how good some of their news and current affairs stuff actually is.

Can you show me a news channel in the UK which says half the stuff that CNBC or Bloomberg do about the economy?

Really??!? MSNBC. CNN (US), F**x News? I couldn't imagine anything more puerile. Its just shouting at each other.

NPR & PBS aren't bad, but they are small and public broadcasters too.

I wouldn't say CNBC (europe or US) & Bloomberg are great. Obviously they are business channels and have a some what more in depth viewpoint on economic theory. But most of it is dross too. Just hyping up every stock, every green shoot, very pro business (i.e. give us your money, but not your regulation), not particularly critical other than the odd interviewee. If the economist had a channel it would be better.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Sorry but this is utter rubbish. If you watched the BBC during the Thatcher years you would see a relentless campaign.

Remember Tory Sleaze, a couple of them got laid, some back bencher took cash to ask a question. The BBC ran sleaze coverage every night for month after month.

Today we get Lords actually changing the law and the story is dropped after 1 day!!

Home secretaries stealing from the tax payer, dropped.

Minister claiming for his parents house, dropped.

The BBC is the media wing of the Labour Party, you would have to be a blind moron not to see that.

http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/

I don't disagree, except with the implied assumption, quite common and understandable, that 'New Labour' is anything like 'Labour' as the word used to mean before Tony Blair.

HOLA4418

Forcing people to pay for a state media organisation makes no sense at all.

Commercial businesses will provide us with all the news we need and I can't see any reason for the BBC to exist. It distorts the market and no commercial media company can fairly compete with it.

It does not seem to know exactly why it exists either or who it should be making programmes for.

Privatise it, there is actually a competitive market for media, news and sport in which is should be competing. Which is lot more than you can say for the railways or other monopolies which have been created through privatisation.