House Price Crash Forum

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

it's all down to

PRINTY PRINTY!!!

The money has to go somewhere and you'd be insane to put it in the banks, so now we are creating an almighty stock market bubble.

How long before it goes pop?

I've said there will be no black days, but if this keeps up there could be a major collapse soon, unless of course they keep printing and people keep buying shares with it.

Its two factors. The market was pricing in a depression, that now looks less likely.

Secondly Broon is determined to drive money out of savings, it has to go somewhere. Not that I mind, I'll just buy shares and if there is another Boom before we actually get rid of him at least I will benefit this time.

The way I see the current hubris is as the stoned piss-head who, having just crashed his car into one parked at the curb now reverses back out to have another go - without checking over his shoulder for the lights of oncoming traffic.

Whack!

The way I see the current hubris is as the stoned piss-head who, having just crashed his car into one parked at the curb now reverses back out to have another go - without checking over his shoulder for the lights of oncoming traffic.

Whack!

All I know is, after this morning, I'm up 100% with BKIR and 20% with RBS. There is money to be made but agree, this could be another large hole for us all to fall into.

(Don't get me started on Barclays - from 60p to £3 in 6 weeks). :huh:

Given the returns elsewhere I'd imagine a chunk of it is those looking for income from blue chips with a reasonable divi. News hasn't been so bad recently and there is a lot of cash sloshing around. I'd expect some profit taking soon back to about 4000 by the end of May.

All I know is, after this morning, I'm up 100% with BKIR and 20% with RBS. There is money to be made but agree, this could be another large hole for us all to fall into.

(Don't get me started on Barclays - from 60p to £3 in 6 weeks). :huh:

Yes, I mentioned a couple of months ago I was putting all my money into bank shares and the usual suspects on this site quickly rounded on me as an idiot.

Well they can think what they like. I'm now an idiot with twice as much money as I had two months ago.

Sterling barnstorming forward with the FTSE. It's smashed through $1.51, probably on back of better PMI figures.

Is this a good window to dump it before Thursday or is it a major breakout?

Nice rise for the FTSE... but it's getting quite overbought:

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/charts/bi...&mocktick=1

Big question is if this rally can extend past ~4,600 and challenge the January high. If yes, and it can break it, then we could be technically said to be out of the bear market. Important few weeks coming up. I expect it to take a couple of stabs at that important 4,600-4650 level.

The FTSE actually has very little to do with the UK economy, the two aren't linked at all and certainly it has nothing to do with UK house prices so ignore it.

Well, it has everything to do with the UK (and global economy). The important thing is, which most people seem to conveniently forget, is that it is a future discounting mechanism. Which is why it crashed last year before the sh1t really hit the fan in the real economy this year. Now it's beginning to price in a recovery even as the real economy continues to deteriorate.

The FTSE actually has very little to do with the UK economy, the two aren't linked at all and certainly it has nothing to do with UK house prices so ignore it.

The FTSE all share has lots to do with the economy and it is mirroring the FTSE 100.

The question is, is it expecting that recovery to take place too soon and will that result in subsequent disappointment.

It's a financial crisis not an inventory recession.

no it expects to make a gamble on shares going up today for a sale and profits tommorrow.

the stock market predicts nothing, but when it falls, the real economy is the loser

'what gives?'

irrational exuberance.

Investors running with the crowd for fear that they'll 'miss out'. When the realisation that little of any substance underpins these recent gains then the Bull run will come to an abrupt halt. Then we all knows what happens.......

buffalo-jump.jpg

and the winner is.... singlemalt. :)

not my usual pick a number this time, but a good summerisation of Irrational Exuberance :D

not long now.... :ph34r:

Its two factors. The market was pricing in a depression, that now looks less likely.

Secondly Broon is determined to drive money out of savings, it has to go somewhere. Not that I mind, I'll just buy shares and if there is another Boom before we actually get rid of him at least I will benefit this time.

3rd factor - the chances of labour winning the next election are now slimmer than ever

nope, a Depression is looking more likely by the month imo. :)

nope, a Depression is looking more likely by the month imo. :)

Still doom-mongering, GOM? It's a recession - a nasty one at that, but no depression. But that's only to be expected after the particularly long period of growth we've had. When we have 5m unemployed and rations then it'll be a depression.

..as does the lack of soup kitchens or systematic breakdown of commerce

But yet the debt remains.

The key as to what will happen revolves around the debt mountain.

If they can find some magic beans to keep the debt serviced they may avoid a depression, however so far the magic beans haven't arrived.

Still doom-mongering, GOM? It's a recession - a nasty one at that, but no depression. But that's only to be expected after the particularly long period of growth we've had. When we have 5m unemployed and rations then it'll be a depression.

96% drop in profits from addidas.... :o

I know pubs & businesses that have been around since the 1800's & made it through the last depression that have folded in 2008/9.

more printy printy money in 1 year than in the last 300 years put together. :o

the top banks in both the UK & US have had to be bailed out.

add in the insurance companies to this as well.

then chuck in a couple of bankrupt countries.

a housing price drop that is equal to & steeper than the 1930's for the same period.

I could go on & on & on.

btw, you have said that it will be a nasty recession. Well a depression is unofficially defined as a severe recession, so how does nasty compare to severe then ? ;)