• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest X-QUORK
They can indeed. However the hassle invoved in aking either side to task is often far more that not bothering.

I'd hate to be in a business where agreements between two parties are too much hassle to enforce, sounds like a business built on sand.

HOLA445
The boom in BTL has raised the standards of rented accomodation, because there is so much choice about. The market has done more to improve the standards of accomodation than regulation ever would. Rents would not be as low now if BTL had never come into existence.

I'm sorry, are you joking about low rents? Rents are as overvalued as property prices, skewed by the almighty size of BTL mortgages that need to be covered.

As the BTL parasites are bankrupted over the next few years and the malinvestment is taken out of the market, so rents can drop to more sustainable levels.

HOLA446
No, if they are abusing the home, they are likely doing so because a) they can move out at short notice, b ) they know they don't have to pay to repair such things.

Granted there are some people who would treat their own home in such a way. However many people do have the attitude that if it is not their own, they can abuse it, this goes for rental cars, rental houses and anything else rented.

I assume the providers of rental cars have a real business plan and have included wear and tear and general damage to their property.

Just because amateur LLs do not have the business acumen to do their sums does not give them a valid reason to whinge when they face "unexpected" costs.

HOLA447
I'd hate to be in a business where agreements between two parties are too much hassle to enforce, sounds like a business built on sand.

Well you are obviously not in business then? Would you go to court for an unpaid invoice for £50 ? The court costs and time are likely to be far more?

HOLA448
I assume the providers of rental cars have a real business plan and have included wear and tear and general damage to their property.

Just because amateur LLs do not have the business acumen to do their sums does not give them a valid reason to whinge when they face "unexpected" costs.

Rental car companies insist that you leave them credit card details to which they bill any damage that they see fit, or insist on you taking insurance to cover it, if you don't want to do this. A landlord is not allowed to do this. I'm sure most landlords would not mind if they could cover all damage caused.

HOLA449
I'm sorry, are you joking about low rents? Rents are as overvalued as property prices, skewed by the almighty size of BTL mortgages that need to be covered.

As the BTL parasites are bankrupted over the next few years and the malinvestment is taken out of the market, so rents can drop to more sustainable levels.

+1.

All the BTL bandwagon has done is increase the number of families priced out of property ownership.

.... and they seem to think they are doing the country a favour!!

HOLA4410

Well rents in many parts of the country have not gone up along with HPI. Many rents are the same now as they were nearly ten years ago. They may not be cheap, but plentiful supply has prevented much rent inflation.

HOLA4411
+1.

All the BTL bandwagon has done is increase the number of families priced out of property ownership.

No - banks desire to lend stupid amounts for BTL has inflated the prices. Without finance most BTL'rs would never have got into the game. That would have been a good thing.

HOLA4412
Rental car companies insist that you leave them credit card details to which they bill any damage that they see fit, or insist on you taking insurance to cover it, if you don't want to do this. A landlord is not allowed to do this. I'm sure most landlords would not mind if they could cover all damage caused.

Deposit?

LL takes out insurance?

LL includes potential repairs in business plan?

.......... or just moan about the unfairness of it all.

HOLA4413
Guest X-QUORK
Well you are obviously not in business then? Would you go to court for an unpaid invoice for £50 ? The court costs and time are likely to be far more?

Yes I would, the small claims court process is a piece of piss.

HOLA4414
Doesn't worry me at all; I'll just ad an admin fee next time the renewel comes round, something for safety say, and also introduce stricter terms on how I can remove them.

Then the tories will get in and I can raise my rent some more and see the red tape removed from my investment properties.

Or I'll simply get the tenants out and start a B&B for homeless people and charge £60 and offer it to asylum seekers and tenants forced out of their lets. The great irony of this is lost on GB and his ilk; if he forces greater red tape, he'll force tenants out. If that happens, the business model changes and we turn the houses into multi room B&B's not seen since the l;ate 790's early 80's; you know the ones, 7 room house with 6 beds and one toilet, sink in each room. It would turn a £1000 per month property into a £1000 per week property. The quality of the interior would drop, the quality of the hole place would drop, it would have to.

Either way, I'll make my money and it just shows how much GB is struggling to be even thinking of this.

Quite funny really. The more he f**ks this country up, the more people will be forced to rent, the less places are available, demands goes up, as do rents. We're already seeing it in Surrey; detached houses rental is going up, only flats are going down. Happy days are here again; I may even keep GB in again; another 5 years of this is all I need....

:lol: put your toys back in your pram

your hissy fit is fooling no-one, BTLing is about to get a lot, lot harder

:)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
No - banks desire to lend stupid amounts for BTL has inflated the prices. Without finance most BTL'rs would never have got into the game. That would have been a good thing.

Agreed. Banks were greedy. BTL speculators were/are greedy. It would have been a good thing if fewer BTL'rs had got into the game. BTL boom was bad for the country.

HOLA4417

Great, even more tax for me to pay. I've already forked up 80 quid for a meaningless energy certificate, and now this. Oh well my plans to leave the country are looking more attractive by the day. Eventually the UK will be comprised entirely of the old and the stupid, I'm sure they'll be able to figure out how to pay for their lifestyles :( .

HOLA4418
The boom in BTL has raised the standards of rented accomodation, because there is so much choice about.

It's also created demand by forcing people who would've otherwise bought into renting FTB homes from idiots.

Give me scarce, poor quality rental accomodation with the freedom to work on it and keep it through secure tenancies, alongside cheaper house prices any day of the week

Ya know, like the boomers had

Edited by pete.hpc

HOLA4419
Great, even more tax for me to pay. I've already forked up 80 quid for a meaningless energy certificate, and now this. Oh well my plans to leave the country are looking more attractive by the day. Eventually the UK will be comprised entirely of the old and the stupid, I'm sure they'll be able to figure out how to pay for their lifestyles :( .

Perhaps they will borrow loads of money, build a pwoperdee portfolio and then sit on their fat, lazy backsides, funding their lifestyle by MEWing.

Bye.

HOLA4420
+1.

Precisely, these dicks can’t see further than their own sense of self-worth.

BTL might look like it’s doing everyone a favour, but all it’s doing is acting as a beacon over the dung heap it created.

The muppets who got up to their necks in it see the world as a BTL world, they cannot conceive it was ever any different, or will ever be any different.

They like to think of themselves as wise investors, but this self-delusion is stopped them believing the HPC tsunami was coming and is stopping them adjusting now. They thought it was different this time, it wasn't. They still think it's different and will repair itself, out of sheer hope more than a fundamental understanding of the market.

Actually it is different this time; it's much, much worse.

Edited by pete.hpc

HOLA4421

It just seems a pity you can't take your houses with you when you go, that way you could make people in the uk homeless by leaving, rather than your absence highlighting how little you are providing them.

Edited by Stars

HOLA4422
Agreed. Banks were greedy. BTL speculators were/are greedy. It would have been a good thing if fewer BTL'rs had got into the game. BTL boom was bad for the country.

I think its important to differentiate between speculators and people that buy/bought property as an income. The speculators (i.e. morons that bought flats with a ROI less than the interest on their loan) also destroyed the honest landlords that simply wanted to provide a service and generate an income. Like so many things when you push profit margins to the limit its the cowboy types that come to the fore (or into the paper headlines).

My view is a licence is a good thing since it makes possible the removal of the bad LL from the market. At £30 each its hardly a "tax" and given the incompetence of the civil service I would imagine it will cost £31.70 to collect so hardly "filling government coffers" if you are daft enough to think governments actualy do that for some reason (other than to pay off the trillions the banks defrauded from us)

Chris

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Deposit?

LL takes out insurance?

LL includes potential repairs in business plan?

.......... or just moan about the unfairness of it all.

As you should know, deposits have to be lodged with a deposit protection organisation. A landlord cannot just take it, and getting into long disputes about who did what takes time. Also a deposit may not cover even half the damage in some cases. Insurance to cover every problem with tenants is expensive and competition in the market makes it hard for landlords to cover such extra costs. Most landlords do make allowances for some repairs, but it does not mean they will be happy when wilful neglect has been carried out. Ultimately regulations will drive up rental costs, as all regulation does. Good tenants and good landlords will pay the price of the mess caused by others. I have done BTL myself, and live in a rented property, so have seen it from both sides. BTL is becoming a waste of time, and I would not touch it with a bargepole these days.

Edited by BalancedBear

HOLA4425
As you should know, deposits have to be lodged with a deposit protection organisation. A landlord cannot just take it, and getting into long disputes about who did what takes time. Also a deposit may not cover even half the damage in some cases. Insurance to cover every problem with tenants is expensive and competition in the market makes it hard for landlords to cover such extra costs. Most landlords do make allowances for some repairs, but it does not mean they will be happy when wilful neglect has been carried out. Ultimately regulations will drive up rental costs, as all regulation does. Good tenants and good landlords will pay the price of the mess caused by others. I have done BTL myself, and live in a rented property, so have seen it from both sides. BTL is becoming a waste of time, and I would not touch it with a bargepole these days.

I would imagine that BTL has to be the biggest money-loser on the planet nowadays.

Why didn't they all sell up when CGT was reduced to 18% and house prices were already falling?