House Price Crash Forum

Anti-debt Ad Petition

Antsy

Never quite sure how useful these online petitions are, but I know many of us here are hate the pro-debt ads clogging up the TV. My personal opinion is that if you can't afford the loan, don't touch it - but I also know what persistent b'ggers kids are.

www.moneysavingexpert.com/not4kids

Debt adverts on childrens' television channels, especially for secured loans, are a disgrace. The TV channels responsible should immediately stop showing them.

Sign the petition: www.moneysavingexpert.com/not4kids

Children’s TV channels are advertising high-interest loans aimed at families that find it hard to get cheaper credit, and with the possibility of losing their house. Nearly a third of children are repeating the slogans, and a tenth actually pester parents into getting such loans.

One Mother's Quote: "My partner wants to buy a car. My eldest son (age 8) pipes up "go to Yes Car Credit, as anyone can get a car off them". I said "oh yes, and what exactly should we use to pay them back?" and he said "don't worry, they make sure it's an affordable monthly payment".

The Campaign (letters, MPs and petition)

This morning Martin Lewis of moneysavingexpert wrote letters to the Chief Execs of the Children's TV Channels asking them to withdraw these ads immediately, plus Member of Parliament for Stoke-on-Trent South Rob Flello is supporting the campaign and has written an Early Day Motion in Parliament calling for Children’s TV channels to stop showing adverts for lending companies.

Its why my children won't be watching any channels apart from BBC and Disney channels. Granted its going to cost me money (disney is a £5 a month subscription) but at least they won't be subjected to adverts when we are not around

Never quite sure how useful these online petitions are,

not much really, but ill sign.

One Mother's Quote: "My partner wants to buy a car. My eldest son (age 8) pipes up "go to Yes Car Credit, as anyone can get a car off them". I said "oh yes, and what exactly should we use to pay them back?" and he said "don't worry, they make sure it's an affordable monthly payment".

the kid sounds fairly smart. i could use some financial advice. he could be a guru.

Edited by right_freds_dead

Never quite sure how useful these online petitions are, but I know many of us here are hate the pro-debt ads clogging up the TV. My personal opinion is that if you can't afford the loan, don't touch it - but I also know what persistent b'ggers kids are.

www.moneysavingexpert.com/not4kids

Debt adverts on childrens' television channels, especially for secured loans, are a disgrace. The TV channels responsible should immediately stop showing them.

Sign the petition: www.moneysavingexpert.com/not4kids

Children’s TV channels are advertising high-interest loans aimed at families that find it hard to get cheaper credit, and with the possibility of losing their house. Nearly a third of children are repeating the slogans, and a tenth actually pester parents into getting such loans.

The Campaign (letters, MPs and petition)

This morning Martin Lewis of moneysavingexpert wrote letters to the Chief Execs of the Children's TV Channels asking them to withdraw these ads immediately, plus Member of Parliament for Stoke-on-Trent South Rob Flello is supporting the campaign and has written an Early Day Motion in Parliament calling for Children’s TV channels to stop showing adverts for lending companies.

Oh my God! The kids been brainwashed into reciting the Yes Car Credit mantra. That is my Room 101. They are all crooks and stoogies to Belzeebub himself. :blink:

EDIT: In fact that kid sounds like Property Guru - the early years! :o

Edited by shakerbaby

Off thread but it is always funny seeing the man and his partner on the Picture Loan ad. His house is full of cr*pola on credit, and he asks a loan of 25K at a drop of a hat. Care to discuss carefully with you partner wouldnt you, before you put the deeds of the house on the line to buy even more cr*p??? :lol: