House Price Crash Forum

New Houses In My Village

HOLA441

There is a small development of new houses in my village. Some apartments, terraced, semi's and detached houses. At a guess about 40 properties.

I would have considered buying one but the prices were scarily high.

I had a good relationship with the sales agent and we had lots of communication.

I was convinced that these properties would not sell. But they have. Very slowly but one by one they have gone.

One thing I find surprising is that there are at least six of those properties on rightmove now available for rent.

I've seen that on other new developments too.

I'm surprised that people want to BTL still and wonder am I missing something here?

HOLA442

Seen a lot of this in COlchester... all the flats sell out...then the for rent boards come out..... surely BTL is just about dead in the water.....I suspect the builders are becoming landlords themselves.

HOLA443
Seen a lot of this in COlchester... all the flats sell out...then the for rent boards come out..... surely BTL is just about dead in the water.....I suspect the builders are becoming landlords themselves.

Ahaa ok I never thought of that. That makes more sense now.

HOLA444
Over here in NI the developers have been putting houses that are not selling on for rent in the hope of an upturn.

I would prefer to buy a house but think that I will end up renting. ONe thing's for sure if I'm not going to buy a house at an overinflated purchase price I sure aint going to rent the same blooming house at an overinflated rental price.

HOLA445
HOLA446

It is whats happening. I've seen this on new blocks in Ilford and Poplar. Builders forced to buy their own flats and become landlords.

HOLA447
Build to let - that's about as vertically integrated as you can get. All they need to do now is have as many kids as possible and they might be able to fill them all themselves. :lol:

It takes more than kids to get into social housing.

You need a rusty fridge for the front garden, with some old wet carpets and a car on jacks in the drive with its engine on the front lawn. When applying for social housing its important to smear the application form with ketchup, motor oil, and a few rings from the base of a wet beer bottle.

HOLA448
It takes more than kids to get into social housing.

You need a rusty fridge for the front garden, with some old wet carpets and a car on jacks in the drive with its engine on the front lawn. When applying for social housing its important to smear the application form with ketchup, motor oil, and a few rings from the base of a wet beer bottle.

Hey I'll bear those instructions in mind. Wish me luck!

HOLA449
Hey I'll bear those instructions in mind. Wish me luck!

I went a step further to get mine.

I ate fryups for six years and smeared my face with grease in order to bring on an Acne attack. When I had completed that I used a safety pin to create what looked like track marks up both arms, then stormed into the local council offices shouting "Where the fck is my fcking cowncill owse you fcking muppets" That got me a personal invite from the head of the council who explained that I was now in the VIP queue and would have a house ready for me in three days. He explained that its was unfortunate that I had worked for a living several years ago, and that I had only spent three years in prison for GBH as he had a brand new six bedroomed house with pool, games room, paddock and landing strip but I fell short on the points scheme for that particular property.