House Price Crash Forum

Proof That The Hpc Is Imaginary ,,,

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Bullish? Not really. Not when compare to a house we went to see and put an offer on recently.

Asking price - Offers over £350k

Our Offer - £275K cash (needs everything you could think of done to it)

Our Offer - Declined

Vendors have evidently not done anything whatsover to the property and I would guess no one has since 1960's

Vendors purchased the house in 2001 for £109k !!!!!

Hang on a minute, surely they must have done 240k worth of work on the property, hence the competitive asking price. Maybe they've got a really, really sh1t-hot potting shed. Or something.

HOLA445
why the anger at that comment?....is it you trying to sell

oops.. you've got me there... meant to use this one instead

<_<

guess its time to sit and wait.. any price above £425k would mean no HPC.. and tend to suggest that a good tactic is to inflate the hell out your asking price and then ofer a reduction which entices would be purchasers...

hang on.. isn't that what retailers have been doing since day 1

aka. rrp ?

HOLA446
House around a mile from me... looked at buying in mid 2006 for £425k

Sure its a nice house... lovely area.. good schools, low crime, low unemployment etc...

Anyone care to guess before they click on ... what the price might be now ???

Guess HPC never happened...

Funnily enough.. Zoopla values it about 55% of the current valuation...

Seems Zoopla is wrong as well

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-22008778.html

time to turn out the lights here it seems ?

If HPC were imaginary, then it follows that the whole downturn is imaginary. Everything is peachy. None of the bad debts which brought global banking to it's knees could possibly have been afforded to overinflated property whose debt was insidiously passed around years after it should have been known the debt was subprime++. Oh yeah, HPI is alive, and living in your area. Not.

HOLA447
To be honest in this area you're buggered either way.. move a mile closer to Wokingham and you're under the flightpath... and much closer the A329 and you are on a main road. Don't get me wrong.. the area is great but looking at this I do feel we have far from an equal distribution of the pains and gains of the hoped for HPC.

I know this area inside out as i was raised in Bracknell, curently most new build projects have halted with big unemployment in construction and most of the IT crowd are being laid off or are having pay cuts thrust down there throats, the A329 is always gridlocked in rush hour as well as the M4, the area is over populated with very little green belt left.

The A329leading the thames valley park head quarters of Oracle is one big traffic jam.

This area will fall a lot in the coming years, just look at wokingham pubs, all the sinsible landlords like a mate of mine Andy Townsend have got out the game as pubs are empty and shops in wokingham are failing big time.

I'd rather be away from the over hyped real estate market down there any day.

Even the city commuters are laid off and falling on ther knees

HOLA448
I guess we have a house being advertised at £575k and yet Zoopla reckons its worth £319k

Surely this nails Zoopla as a complete farce and effectively useless ?

Thing is.. if Zoopla is crud.. perhaps the HPC is not going to be half as severe in many places as many want

So ... perhaps we should be buying now to avoid the oncoming HPI ?

;)

I wouldn't place all my hopes in one basket. Zoopla may well be wildly out, I don't know or care, I don't use it. Inversely, how good was InsideTrack on the upturn? There will always be the plain wrong predictions, which is why picking on one organisation whose views are at one extreme or the other, whilst ignoring the mean zeitgeist is one way to gain tunnel vision. This website has it's merits of course. Viewed on it's own and taken as read, it would also probably provide a skewed argument (but not uneducated). Look at the wider pool of information and the hard facts very well speak for themselves.

HOLA449
Hang on a minute, surely they must have done 240k worth of work on the property, hence the competitive asking price. Maybe they've got a really, really sh1t-hot potting shed. Or something.

:lol:

Like I said, nothing.

The house even still has thick lead gas pipes visible and a 1920/30's stove inset in the kitchen chimney breast!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Sure its a nice house... lovely area.. good schools, low crime, low unemployment etc...

Funnily enough.. Zoopla values it about 55% of the current valuation...

Seems Zoopla is wrong as well

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-22008778.html

Change your psychiatrist.

HOLA4412

I know a house that went on the market in 2006 for £295k

Still on the market today....for £295k

Does that mean that HPC never happened? :blink:

HOLA4413
guess its time to sit and wait.. any price above £425k would mean no HPC.

There you go. Close down HPC, sack all the economists in the world. Disband RICS, the CML and Haliwide. All we need to do to monitor the global crash in property is watch one property in Saddler's Rd, Wokingham and one tosser's asking price. Either thefruits just hasn't mastered the art of irony or he is a feckwit of the first water.

HOLA4414
Was feeling the same

Just received details of a property in the south hams, guide price 359,000

Good grief! Yes, South Hams is expensive, but there are nicer houses on at asking prices below 200k in PL21. Even below 150k but probably only in Ivybridge.