House Price Crash Forum

Hello,

I am a first time buyer and ideally we would like to buy in Pinner but we can't find 3 bed house @ 300K in Pinner or Northwood area so we are thinking of eastcote (nearer to Pinner rather than Ruislip) not too sure about the area any good or bad thing about eastcote? how does the future houseprice look for the area overall?

There seems to be few (only few) houses at that price around Fieldend road near eastcote station, but not sure if an offer off 280-290K would be good enough for a house that is on say 320K?

Thanks

Hello,

I am a first time buyer and ideally we would like to buy in Pinner but we can't find 3 bed house @ 300K in Pinner or Northwood area so we are thinking of eastcote (nearer to Pinner rather than Ruislip) not too sure about the area any good or bad thing about eastcote? how does the future houseprice look for the area overall?

There seems to be few (only few) houses at that price around Fieldend road near eastcote station, but not sure if an offer off 280-290K would be good enough for a house that is on say 320K?

Thanks

Pinner and Northwood are nicer (not Northwood Hills) and the Met line is better on the Amersham spur.

Parts of Eastcote are nice but others becoming a little too "culturally enriched", as is Ruislip. We moved from Northwood out to Chorleywood for that very reason and the impact it has had on schools.

I would pay the extra for Pinner or look further out towards Rickmansworth etc.

Look term I think Northwood is going downhill, Ruislip has already. Pinner will be OK.

Thanks for the response, we saw a few houses under @ 300K in Northwood Hills but all of them were ex-council and Northwood hills seems to have a few streets full of ex-council houses, I just can't get why even such houses are going for above 300K :(

We haven't looked at Rickmansworth yet but might be a good idea to keep our options open

• 1 month later...

Its not that simple to say either Ruislip, Northwood or Pinner are good or bad areas..we live/rent in Pinner. The thing here is..you have in all 3 bad and good areas close together.

North Ruislip is a very good area but very expensive..Northwood is very expensive and I really don't know why :blink:

Northwood hills has some nice streets..like highland road and cranbourne road..all baking on to the golf course..people get put off northwood hills because of the rubbish high street.

Pinner has a very nice high-street und Pinner is regarded as very nice to live..but not cheap either..even pinner has some rubbish streets.

The thing here is you have to check the individual street out...you can have a nice street next to a very bad street.

Eastcote has some very nice streets as well...

But said all that....you will have a problem finding anything in an nice road/area for under 300k for a 3 bed.

I'm looking for the last 3 years and we have 350k to spend....

In general its cheaper south of the train tracks...Ruislip and Eastcote.

I know the areas very well...let me know if you need help with an particular road and I can tell you more about it ;)

• 11 years later...